Phuket Police Launch Manhunt For Three Foreigners In Bt30M Jewelry Heist

webfact

Who leaves 30mil in a car......lots of people they are called sales Reps, gem dealers etc, one poster was on the money though, the standard is for the ports to locked in the boot of the car, usually the boots are lined and ports are locked in place with either a cage or a simple chain and lock set up, there are plenty of insurance companies that cover for this type of thing you just need to ask. I would take a punt and say the value quoted is probably retail and not wholesale.

Any other questions?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure any insurance company would have exclusion clauses for this. No, can't belive it's for insurance.

No insurance company on earth would cover such items left in the car overnight or unattended. This sounds like a stitch up to me and very unlucky for the owners.

No something is wrong with this news I smell a "RAT IN MY KITCHEN".

Who leaves 30mil in a car......lots of people they are called sales Reps, gem dealers etc, one poster was on the money though, the standard is for the ports to locked in the boot of the car, usually the boots are lined and ports are locked in place with either a cage or a simple chain and lock set up, there are plenty of insurance companies that cover for this type of thing you just need to ask. I would take a punt and say the value quoted is probably retail and not wholesale.

Any other questions?

WRONG SORRY BUDDY.

Of course you can leave goods unattended in a car, as said above usually in the boot.....whats safer walking into a public restroom with a bag full of jewellery or locking it in the car and taking a piss?, if the dude is a sales rep what has happened here (apart from maybe leaving it in the passenger section of the car) is standard practice in the jewellery industry. Its does ot say where the jewellery was taken from they could have smashed the window to get into the car to trigger the boot release.

Why is no one prepared to accept that stupid people do stupid things.

The jewellery owner is a dealer from BKK attending a week-long display at Central Festival. It is very possible that professional thieves have been observing the movements of those attending and have been handed this opportunity by a victim.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Soupdragon exactly correct its not hard to spot a travelling Rep if you know what to look for, this type of thing happens all the time obviously it is not made public, for fear of copycat crimes.

Edited by rick75

Pretty sure any insurance company would have exclusion clauses for this. No, can't belive it's for insurance.

Quite correct, seaeagle. A standard jewellers block policy would include losses from unattended vehicles, as would a homeowners policy if the owner were a private individual and not a jeweler by trade.

Rick75 is also correct in that theft from a locked boot may be covered if endorsed onto the policy.

My initial reaction, like many others, is that there could possibly be some collusion involved, unless the vehicle owner followed a regular pattern which was observed by the thieves. Soupdragon's scenario is equally viable.

Edited by madmitch

who in their right mind would leave that kind of money in a car overnight? I also wonder how they knew it was in there.

this reeks of a scam, I don't believe it was random.

How do you know it was there overnight?

Maybe the police would like to talk to you too??? :-)

• Like 1

No insurance company on earth would cover such items left in the car overnight or unattended. This sounds like a stitch up to me and very unlucky for the owners.

No something is wrong with this news I smell a "RAT IN MY KITCHEN".

Here we go with the overnight comment again.

Where in the story does it say overnight?

Jumping to conclusions are we?

Values in your car are usually not insured, and if its included in the insurance then its only to a small amount of around 10.000 baht

Well, I hope they find the guys and their jewelry.

Oh and I second that one: 30mn in value and you still drive an Avanza??? LOL

Edited by dezeure

Foreigners?

The Russians did it!

Naah in Thailand that means the Burmese, Cambodians, Arabs, French Morrokians, etc... But its funny how the article says foreigners, so it clearly could NOT be the Thai's themselves. Noooo cannoooot

who in their right mind would leave that kind of money in a car overnight? I also wonder how they knew it was in there.

Where did you read it was left in the car overnight?

Steve I think you just made a break in the case. Like in cop shows when the suspect says, "I didn't shoot him!" then the detective says, "I never said he was shot, just that he was killed." lol

It's the same sort of thing as the farang walking on Beach Rd in Pattaya at 03:00 in the morning who claim their bag was stolen and it contained 7 mobile phones, B80,000 in gold, $100,000 in foreign currency and their room key to a Baht 300 a nite hotel.

Right, and after the CCTV cameras which the farangs didn't notice cannot confirm their story, the said items are then found in their hotel room safe.

who would carry 30m worth of jewelry and still own an avenza?

Someone smart enough to invest their money in something that increases in value, instead of an automobile. Big face has big car & big loan), while a wealthy person has a cheap car (paid for)...

As for 30M (jewelry or cash = no difference) that was stupid, but definitely required inside knowledge - scam - perhaps...

30 million left in the car park ????

Gotta be an inside job , surely !

It was not 30 million in money form, it was jewelry that was stolen and the price put on that was 30 million baht.

Yes 10,000 baht worth of tack but valued at 30 million is it April Fools day it has to be a scam !!!!!

who in their right mind would leave that kind of money in a car overnight?

People who got it all insured a month earlier ?? wink.png

Well if that is the case they will be sorely disappointed when informed that 600 grands worth of jewelry is not insured if left in a car overnight in a public carpark. Lets be real here ....

who in their right mind would leave that kind of money in a car overnight?

People who got it all insured a month earlier ?? wink.png

Well if that is the case they will be sorely disappointed when informed that 600 grands worth of jewelry is not insured if left in a car overnight in a public carpark. Lets be real here ....

30m baht = 1m usd