Phuket Police Launch Manhunt For Three Foreigners In Bt30M Jewelry Heist

webfact

I am constantly amazed when I go into my local Kasi Korn Bank. There is virtually no security. The other day, I saw a motorbike courier come into the bank, pick up 1.5 Millon ThB and go out the door onto his motor bike c/w all that money in a rucksack. There were no guards in or around the bank. That bank would be knocked over in 20 minutes in Detroit or Vancouver. Thais seem extremely casual about security, yet my Thai GF padlocks our doors, gate, Motorbike in her small village.

Seems the jewellery was just too tempting to these Canucks. Hope the Cdn Consulate leaves them in the Thai Jails for the duration of the sentences.

Edited by cdnski12

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 meters is about 12 steps. Nevermind the alarm. The sound of a window exploding from impact is quite loud and if they were in a noodle shop, aren't noodle shops outdoors? How could they not hear the window explode from impact?

Very unlikely it was broken with an umbrella. If they are burglars with any experience whatsoever they will know they can use a tiny piece of porcelain such as that found in spark plugs. It's a very common burglary tool. Very easy to shatter a cars window and it's not that loud.

Why did the tourist police show up with the regular police?

Did you miss the bit about the suspects were reported to be foreigners? Why wouldn't they show up? That is exactly their mandate.

So, how did the OP know the window was broken with an umbrella?

The "OP" are reporters from the Phuket Gazette and only know what they are told. They were told there was CCTV cameras and witnesses.

Edited by NomadJoe

blank.gif

Canadians arrested over B30m heist

UPDATE: Police have arrested three Canadian men suspected of stealing B30 million worth of jewellery this morning.

Another news source is reporting the Canadians are a Russian, a Turk, a Spaniard a Malaysian and a woman of unknown nationality. They reportedly ran a police check point in Trang and were chased by the Highway Police. If they only knew the police were looking for Canucks they probably could have just driven through.

Insurance scammers are not required to be smart. Years ago, there was a commercial pilot (Thai national) who insured himself with his wife as beneficiary (he was being hounded by creditors). He crashed a plane with a load of passengers, which was flying to Thailand from Vietnam. Insurers didn't pay.

.....would like an update on the lead story. I agree that it's likely Thai authorities will bust this case, and also that the amount of booty recovered will be reported to be small.

Insurance scammers are not required to be smart. Years ago, there was a commercial pilot (Thai national) who insured himself with his wife as beneficiary (he was being hounded by creditors). He crashed a plane with a load of passengers, which was flying to Thailand from Vietnam. Insurers didn't pay.

Since there was no insurance, any connection with this story?

So police turned up within 10 minutes. Bet if there was some violent altercation rather than 30 million involved they would probably been somewhat slower to ensuring all the shooting had finished. Amazing how money focuses the mind.

“Because I have come down to the fair many times before, I believed Phuket to be a safe place. I did not think I would have any trouble,” he said.

Looks like Khun Thongsak has been so busy at the fairs, that he never hired a jetski. :rolleyes: