BANGKOK 20 April 2019 19:48
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Police Arrest Three Foreigners For Bt30mn Jewelry Heist In Phuket

Well with my mastermind criminal mind blink.png I might of split up, chopped up the loot and arranged to meet in Malasia or wherever they made it a bit easy for the cops renting a car DUHHHHH w00t.gif they made the thai police look good for a change LOL

DK

“While the police officers were questioning the suspects, one of the Malaysian woman, the large one, asked to use the bathroom at the police station.

“But she ended up running away from the station. We are now searching for her,” Col Jakkrapan said.

It's always the large one isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Can't help it but "Comedy Capers" comes to mind,....

Cant beat the old Hollywood tried and tested escape routes-----how long before the Police woke up????

I guess they will be known as the rent-a-car gang. Are they related to the speed boat gang who ran out of gas

maybe they attended the same school ...

First you say '1 foreigner' and then you say '1 falang (foreigner)'. You also mentioned 2 Malay women,

Since when are only farang foreigners? The headline is completely correct.

Hello Mr nitpick ; And usually the concensus in Thailand is, that you got to have white skin, before labelled falang.

Didn't you read that sentence ?

How about cctv footage revealing 3 foreign men ( read article from yesterday ), that now really is 1 foreign male and 1 Thai man and 2 Asian women ?

I have asked around the office, 4 Thais all agreeing that a falang ( foreigner ) must have white skin, and is not Asian.

• Like 1

Seems ironic when you steal the case gets solved within a couple of days with good police work but when you murder it's rarely solved so fast...if ever. Wonder how many hands will be out for that jeweler when he gets his jewelry back...TIT wai.gif

Probably rented the second vehicle from the same agency as the first car. Not to hard to track.

However, police have also reported that one of the Malaysian women escaped custody.

“While the police officers were questioning the suspects, one of the Malaysian woman, the large one, asked to use the bathroom at the police station.

“But she ended up running away from the station. We are now searching for her,” Col Jakkrapan said.

You have got to be kidding me. They left her unattended in an area where she could flee? After all that otherwise good police work, no less!

• Like 1

First you say '1 foreigner' and then you say '1 falang (foreigner)'. You also mentioned 2 Malay women,

Since when are only farang foreigners? The headline is completely correct.

Hello Mr nitpick ; And usually the concensus in Thailand is, that you got to have white skin, before labelled falang.

How about cctv footage revealing 3 foreign men ( read article from yesterday ), that now really is 1 foreign male and 1 Thai man and 2 Asian women ?

I have asked around the office, 4 Thais all agreeing that a falang ( foreigner ) must have white skin, and is not Asian.

Agree with you, a farang has white skin. I am not contesting that at all, what I am contesting is your conclusion that the header is wrong. Even if only 1 farang is involved, it are still 3 foreigners.

Don't you see you're contradicting yourself here? First you say: farang has to be white skinned, than you say: 1 foreign male, 1 Thai man and 2 asian women, so header is wrong, only 1 foreigner involved.

Sorry, not only farang are foreigners.

So don't forget to ask in the office, if 1 Russian man, 2 Malay women and 1 Thai man are arrested, how many foreigners have been arrested?

Edited by stevenl

Didn't you read the article? It says FOREIGNERS, not falang. Anyone who is not Thai is a foreigner in Thailand - Europeans, North Americans, Africans, and yes, Asians.

YOU are the one saying that foreigner = falang, which is simply not true. Your coworkers might agree that a "falang" has white skin, but that's not the same as a foreigner. Those two words are not completely interchangeable.

The 2 women from Malaysia are foreigners, because they are not from Thailand. It's not that complicated.

When this story first broke I read a great number posters jumping to conclusions based on nothing that this was an insurance scam. Where are all those posters now. It is a sad statement how ridiculous and embarrassing the farangs on this forum really are.

We will not know if it is an insurance scam until the true value of the stolen goods is verified it seems it was indeed a well planned robbery but that does not stop the victim placing an unrealistic value on the stolen goods !!!!!!

It's always the large one isn't it? rolleyes.gif

That's a bit of egg on the face of the local constabulary.... any more and it will be an omlette.

Still, the apprehension of this lot appears to have involved some real police work. I am impressed. The foreign criminals don't appear to be quite as retarded as the usual pattaya/phuket suspects either.

Omelette ... cheesy.gif

But, as for the foreign (sort of, at least one of them) criminals not being retarded, how smart is it to escape a crime scene with authentic plates on the car, a rental car at that, and then change to another rental car that was easily traced to the first rental no doubt by the rental documentation (name, credit card, whatever), and then travel toward the nearest border in the second rental with authentic plates and all the perps in one vehicle? And how smart was it for them to check-in at the hotel where the victim was staying and then allow themselves, three of them anyway, to be seen together at the crime scene...how many does it take to grab a suitcase from a car, and get into another car?

Good police work? How about routine police work. These perps couldn't have made it any easier for the police.

This will have to go down as one of those stupidest criminals clips for renting not one car but two and driving them with authentic license plates. Must be the first time in history.

Good thing the mastermind of this caper didn't go to medical school or a malpractice insurance carrier would have gone out of business paying claims.

Edited by unanimosity
  • Like 2

I am not one of the ones who said "insurance scam". It was too obvious that no insurance company would pay off of situation like this one. I do wonder how the thieves knew to target this car and briefcase? Was it an inside job in any way?

Perplexingly brainless.

Then again, if the had real brains they would not need to do this crime.