BANGKOK 20 April 2019 19:19
Sign in to follow this  
george

Phuket Gem Heist: B5Mn In Jewelry Still Missing

This probably comes at no surprise, being this is Thailand, but I am really confused here. Let's see, we have Russians, Mexicans, Thai's, Malaysians, what no white falangs? This can't be right.

So your saying Russians and Mexicans are Asian or black? Got to be one of those two if not white.

Mexicans are Hispanics and I always thought Russia was East Asia.. maybe I'm wrong.. Eurasians perhaps?

Edited by Jayman

"Presented to the press today were ...."

I love how they do this in Thailand. You don't see it anywhere else. Well, I don't anyway.

I know who did this robbery. The Furey brothers and Davey Arthur. So that should be the end of these ridiculous posts!

You had to know this was coming... Of course some portion of the jewelry is missing... why would anyone expect any different, given that the police are involved.

As they say, it's never over until the "large lady" sings.... or manages to be found again after slipping out of the Thai police station while on a bathroom visit.

It was reported as a Russian guy yesterday, and nothing about a Mexican in the report I remember reading... Oh well... a Russian or not, two Mexicans, a Turk, etc -- they're all about the same and interchangeable as far as the police are concerned. whistling.gif

The 5m Baht's worth that has gone missing is known as "tea jewellery".

Mmmm..... it is very strange that 30 million bath jewerly was left in a normal car unattended. Why? And why were there criminals who knew to grab some? Lucky? And now 5 mill still missing? Is there no insurance?

As I see the jewerly, they look ugly and are hard to sell.

The large, 57 year old woman fled from the scene? Think there needs to be bit more fitness training for the police.

• Like 1

This probably comes at no surprise, being this is Thailand, but I am really confused here. Let's see, we have Russians, Mexicans, Thai's, Malaysians, what no white falangs? This can't be right.

So your saying Russians and Mexicans are Asian or black? Got to be one of those two if not white.

What Russian? They're saying it's a Malasian, a Turk and a Mexican now.

Edited by Bluespunk

Is it me or do the nationalities of the alleged suspects keep changing with every new news story?

+1

Mmmm..... it is very strange that 30 million bath jewerly was left in a normal car unattended. Why? And why were there criminals who knew to grab some? Lucky? And now 5 mill still missing? Is there no insurance?

As I see the jewerly, they look ugly and are hard to sell.

It's not so strange here. Thais seem to do it regularly.

This is from the earlier report linked above . . . . So have they recovered the LOOT OR NOT???

Hey, cut them some slack now. It just took a bit of time for the police to separate out what they wanted to keep and how to divy it up!

It's such fun living here........

I just watched a news report where a suspect escaped a 'lock-up' by climbing through the ceiling, which appeared to be simply plasterboard.

A suspect is allowed to stroll off to the toilet and out of the police station despite being anything but diminutive.

And an apparently successful businessman leaves 30m in his car while he goes off for som-tam or whatever out of sight of the diamond encrusted interior of the vehicle.

Yet they still mange to catch criminals.......(if not retain them always).

Mexicans are Hispanics and I always thought Russia was East Asia.. maybe I'm wrong.. Eurasians perhaps?

Here we go again. There are three races in this world: Asian, White, and Black. "Hispanic," "East Asia," and "Eurasia" are not races. Hispanic (Spanish-speaking) people includes several ethnic groups and include those of both White and Black races. East Asian, Eurasian, American, Australian, Canadian, Singaporean, etc., etc. are not races and not ethnic groups - these are coyuntries or geographical regions.

• Like 1

Here we go again. There are three races in this world: Asian, White, and Black. "Hispanic," "East Asia," and "Eurasia" are not races. Hispanic (Spanish-speaking) people includes several ethnic groups and include those of both White and Black races. East Asian, Eurasian, American, Australian, Canadian, Singaporean, etc., etc. are not races and not ethnic groups - these are countries or geographical regions.

For Thai-speaking posters, I believe the most common Thai term for ethnicity is เชื้อชาติ (chueachat) and the Thai term for nationality/citizenship is สัญชาติ (sanchat).