BANGKOK 25 April 2019 18:43
Sign in to follow this  
george

Phuket Gem Heist: B5Mn In Jewelry Still Missing

A new movie in the making "Oceans 14". Which guys are George Clooney and Brad Pitt going to play? Russian, Canadian, Turk, Spaniard, illegal Thai taxi driver?

Edited by steelepulse

Is it me or do the nationalities of the alleged suspects keep changing with every new news story?

It is like the start of a bad joke; A Mexican, Malaysian and a Turk carry out a heist...., or was that a Russian,... or maybe a Thai!

This probably comes at no surprise, being this is Thailand, but I am really confused here. Let's see, we have Russians, Mexicans, Thai's, Malaysians, what no white falangs? This can't be right.

You forget the Turk

.....and the Spanish guy.

Not to mention the 3 canadians of the first bust report !

I am sure there was a Martian in there somewhere!

The picture at the start of the thread shows some really ugly jewelry resting on... what are they? Scrunched up pink toilet paper or bags of Amphetamines?

Edited by Narratio

Sounds remarkably similar to the case of the Transport Perm Sec back in Nov. Large amout stolen. Only a portion recovered. Kudos to the police for tracking the thieves down. But did the robbers just "dispose" of some of the jewels along the way?

One Mexican woman, named by police as 57-year-old Mejia Zuluaga Maria Asseneth, managed to flee the scene, he said.

If this is the now famous 'large' woman, how come she is now a Mexican? Before she was reported to be a Malaysian. blink.png

One Mexican woman, named by police as 57-year-old Mejia Zuluaga Maria Asseneth, managed to flee the scene, he said.

If this is the now famous 'large' woman, how come she is now a Mexican? Before she was reported to be a Malaysian. blink.png

I think it is because we all look the same to them so maybe they are confused? It will be interesting to see what the final nationalities are. That is a little bit more complex because of the diverse nature of the criminal gang. They come from very different countries that have nothing in common did they have too organize this in English,Spanish or Turkish and did these people meet at Maylay Bobs Taco and Shawarma cart or something?

hmmmm; salvage rights?

Right on just as I stated in my post yesterday, hey the BIB have to eat too >

It sounds the same to people uneducated in geography, try asking your average Thai to point to Mexico on a world map. Not their fault I would be the first to admit crap education

Must be all those burrito's she gobbled. :rolleyes:

This probably comes at no surprise, being this is Thailand, but I am really confused here. Let's see, we have Russians, Mexicans, Thai's, Malaysians, what no white falangs? This can't be right.

So your saying Russians and Mexicans are Asian or black? Got to be one of those two if not white.

Mexicans are Hispanics and I always thought Russia was East Asia.. maybe I'm wrong.. Eurasians perhaps?

Mexicans/Hispanics are racially white, "Hispanic" is an ethnicity. Russians are white.