Phuket Hotel Receptionist Denies Sexually Assaulting German Tourist

webfact

wont need to wait for a hearing ,in thailand this is utter <deleted> ,never will happen and this guy can do it again ,

Do what?? A statement from a woman so drunk that she couldn't open the door to her room. And you think the receptionist is guilty. My money is on one of her 'friends'.

Even though the receptionist admitted he had sex with her by mutual consent? I would take yourself off this case and go back to looking for that large pink diamond, inspector.

No, he admitted to rape.

wont need to wait for a hearing ,in thailand this is utter <deleted> ,never will happen and this guy can do it again ,

Do what?? A statement from a woman so drunk that she couldn't open the door to her room. And you think the receptionist is guilty. My money is on one of her 'friends'.

Even though the receptionist admitted he had sex with her by mutual consent? I would take yourself off this case and go back to looking for that large pink diamond, inspector.

No, he admitted to rape.

So he's admitted to the rape now? Must be a blow to the groin for our armchair detectives.

• Like 1

According to the gazette, on Friday he said he didn't confess to anything. http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2012/article15992.html

Gotta love the conflicting reports because I too saw where on another pubication he supposedly confessed.

I wouldn't say conflicting reports, PG simply didn't report anymore after the original report of the rape. That report was in the morning, later during the day he confessed, and the timeline from the other source does make sense. Also the details mentioned there fully fit the picture.

Edited by stevenl

This is why I don't get drunk when traveling. One person's word against another, and one of those people is too drunk to walk.

This could happen anywhere in the world. Don't get drunk or do drugs when in unfamiliar places.

Edited by IsaanUSA

I will never ever travel to Phuket again.... 'nough said, folks. The various bad news I read makes me wanna throw up at this lawless place.

yes, better come to Pattaya, we don't have such problems because lone western party girls are very rare in Pattaya.

...this sick, cowardly, vile behaviour......it is rampant....

Yes to the first part, but rampant? Just 2 rapes were reported in Phuket in 2009. Hardly rampant.

..add it all up.....countless incidents....hotels, hookers, bars.......victims drugged, killed, drowned, beaten to death, thrown off balconies.....all directed at foreigners who by and large have very limited means or rights......add it all up.........

That is a lovely fiction you describe.

This is why I don't get drunk when traveling. One person's word against another, and one of those people is too drunk to walk.

This could happen anywhere in the world. Don't get drunk or do drugs when in unfamiliar places.

No, not one persons' word against another. He has admitted, so probably there was security footage or something else.

Update: Phuket resort worker denies sexual assault of German tourist

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- All official sources in Phuket involved in the case of an alleged rape of a German tourist by a Thai resort worker have unequivocally stated that the accused has not confessed to the charge. Gazette from Col Sirisak Wasasiri, the Chalong Police Superintendent; Capt Nitikorn Rawang, the Chalong Police investigating officer; Capt Nucharee Longkaew, Phuket Police special case detective tasked with interviewing the victim; and Phuket Provincial Chief Public Prosecutor Chiengsean Panhya.

Additionally, Phuket Prison officer Nuttapol Aunthong told the Gazette that Mr Sakchai was released on bail on Monday. He had no information about the bail conditions, however.

Chalong Police Superintendent Sirisak Wasasiri spoke to the Gazette about the case on Monday.

“At the moment we are still working on evidence collection and awaiting the results of the victim’s medical examination from the doctor. After that we can submit the file to the prosecutor.”

“The last time that the accused was in the court [May 18] was just to hear the statement and allegations of the German lady. The court hasn’t tried him yet and he hasn’t confessed,” said Col Sirisak.

“I have no idea how [one English-language news outlet] came by the privileged conversation between the judge and the accused on that day. The only people present were the accused, the victim and close female relatives, the interpreter, court officers and the prosecutor. All were female.”

“They [the news outlet] could be sued for false reporting. They have to be responsible for their actions,” said Col Sirisak.

Phuket Provincial Chief Public Prosecutor Chiengsean Panhya explained that the German woman wanted to give her statement to the court early as she would be returning to Germany within days.

“This way, when we receive the evidence and documentation from the police, we can send the file to the court and they can start the investigation without requiring her to be present.”

“At the moment, the police haven’t submitted the case file to us,” Mr Chiengsean confirmed.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16048.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-05-26

So he's admitted to the rape now? Must be a blow to the groin for our armchair detectives.

Yes, on Friday the 18th already.

Read this:

All official sources in Phuket involved in the case of an alleged rape of a German tourist by a Thai resort worker have unequivocally stated that the accused has not confessed to the charge

Read this:

All official sources in Phuket involved in the case of an alleged rape of a German tourist by a Thai resort worker have unequivocally stated that the accused has not confessed to the charge

One could be forgiven for thinking he would be at the top (well 2nd) of the amnesty list, but reading the latest news it seems he won't even be sentenced. Victim not available to testify, doctors report pending, police still "working on evidence collection", etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Read this:

Yes, just read that as well.

IMO it is very easy: either the other news source made up the conversation between judge and accused, or he admitted to rape.

Just thought of a 3rd possibility: the police does not have in its possession the conversation between judge and accused.