True Loses La Liga And Bundesliga Rights!

bangkok blue

As of next season.... Anyone know who got them?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/288492/truevisions-gets-champions-league-broadcasting-rights

Article goes onto say they have UCL from next season for 3 years. Quite surprised they are unaware as to when the bidding of the next EPL rights starts.... TIT!!!

Edited by bangkok blue

The guy in charge of programming, Mr Attapol is an idiot. True Visions 'service' and programming would not be worth having without the English Premier League - yet he claims not to know when the bidding process occurs. It's bad enough that this clown has lost the rights to the Spanish League, and the German League, both of which offer much superior entertainment than the likes of the French and Portugese Leagues, but it seems that he is preparing subscribers not to have English football after this coming season. He seriously expects subscriber numbers to go up, if they lose English football !

At least supporters of German football, who couldn't care less about English and Spanish football, luck-out. 1600 baht a month to watch it last year (True Gold) and 300 baht a month next year (GMM Grammy). Since there are more Germans than Brits in Thailand (I think) that makes some sense I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

The guy in charge of programming, Mr Attapol is an idiot. True Visions 'service' and programming would not be worth having without the English Premier League - yet he claims not to know when the bidding process occurs. It's bad enough that this clown has lost the rights to the Spanish League, and the German League, both of which offer much superior entertainment than the likes of the French and Portugese Leagues, but it seems that he is preparing subscribers not to have English football after this coming season. He seriously expects subscriber numbers to go up, if they lose English football !

If True lose the English football IMHO that will be the end of True.

I doubt it Nev. I suspect they make their bread and butter from selling the cheaper packages where the content cost is small. I would be unsurprised to learn that their Gold and Platinum revenues do not cover the cost of the extra conetent, of which the EPL rights must be a major slug.

I doubt it Nev. I suspect they make their bread and butter from selling the cheaper packages where the content cost is small. I would be unsurprised to learn that their Gold and Platinum revenues do not cover the cost of the extra conetent, of which the EPL rights must be a major slug.

Maybe the thai's will stay loyal, but the expat community will cancel in droves and go to whoever is showing the football, i am sure the german football fans are already planning to move to which ever company will be showing the bundesliga.