Thai Visa Forum

Concept 2 Rower Model D (Exercise For Fat Loss)

5 hours ago, malathione said:

Agreed, given the huge space of the branch I go to, it's somewhat odd that they have such few machines. That said, convenient location and I'm there as soon as the gym opens so it works out okay. Frankly, I just row and it seems that it isn't all that popular.

Yea if you just row then its not much of a problem. Its not a major issue for me as I am used training in my home gym. But recently i went to a gym near my own home. It was cheaper (but almost no aircon i was sweating like crazy) but it had multiple machines for the same exercise and better free weights. Still location is important and I can do a lot with free weights.

• Like 1
  • Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rowing every third day, usually 10k. Mixing it up with 2*5k, 3*4k at a higher watt.   Actually I do like rowing. Put on some music, and see the remaining distance-to-go counting downwards 🙂

I have now been rowing with the Concept2 Model D for one year.  I had never rowed before but wanted something better than an exercise bike or treadmill. I started off slowly only doing 2,000 meters a

You might want to explore boron supplementation to heal your plantar fasciitis. I've been using it for nearly a month now and my knees have improved so much it's incredible. I can now row without knee

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea if you just row then its not much of a problem. Its not a major issue for me as I am used training in my home gym. But recently i went to a gym near my own home. It was cheaper (but almost no aircon i was sweating like crazy) but it had multiple machines for the same exercise and better free weights. Still location is important and I can do a lot with free weights.

I remember the photographs you had put up on one of the threads of your home gym. Hard to replicate that. For me, my workouts tend to be quite simple even at home. I have my rowing machine, a bicycle on a smart trainer for rainy or hot days and a riverside track for running opposite my house.

50 minutes ago, malathione said:

I remember the photographs you had put up on one of the threads of your home gym. Hard to replicate that. For me, my workouts tend to be quite simple even at home. I have my rowing machine, a bicycle on a smart trainer for rainy or hot days and a riverside track for running opposite my house.

If i wanted i could move my home gym. But still its pretty good in the gym just have to be a bit more flexible. I moved only about 35 km so its not that much and I still have the house on the old location (don't want to rent it out the hassle is not worth the money)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, jlm53 said:

anybody know where I can buy a handle for a concept 2. I have a chinese rower looks identical to a concept 2 except for the handle.My hands go numb, would like to try concept 2handle

Aviron Racing In Georgetown, Malaysia, would probably have one. 

On 9/10/2020 at 7:29 AM, robblok said:

'..sweating like crazy.' Isn't that alright while working out?

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, Solinvictus said:

'..sweating like crazy.' Isn't that alright while working out?

Not if its too much, and your glasses get covered by sweat. Also too much heat can lower performance in the gym. Sweating does not mean fat loss it just means your body is cooling down.

I now moved my home gym to a new house havent rowed yet as im getting back into shape. Don't want to add too much at one go. Already doing heavy deadlift and squats worried that the rower might add to the lower back strain. (not pain but all that exercising targets the lower back too much and i might not recover on time for next gym session)

So waiting  a bit till im a lil bit further on in my training maybe a few weeks then ill be doing rowing on some of the non lifting days.

I thought this thread had died. As it hasn't, below is my last season results. Represents and average of 5.567 kms/day.  Not boasting. 🤣🤣 Actually, I am. 

Editedconcept2_certificate_season_2021-page-001.jpg

Edited by GarryP
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I thought this thread had died. As it hasn't, below is my last season results. Represents and average of 5.567 kms/day.  Not boasting. 🤣🤣 Actually, I am. 

Editedconcept2_certificate_season_2021-page-001.jpg

Im really trying to get back to rowing, now in a new home in BKK rower is there too more room. But as I am trying to get my gym power back first i still need to start over on the rower. Thinking of rowing and then jumping in the pool. That was the plan anyway for today.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Im really trying to get back to rowing, now in a new home in BKK rower is there too more room. But as I am trying to get my gym power back first i still need to start over on the rower. Thinking of rowing and then jumping in the pool. That was the plan anyway for today.

Still in the same area of town?