Concept 2 Rower Model D (Exercise For Fat Loss)

robblok

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Those are really good times. But I tend to do it a little bit different. My times start slow and gradually build up so the slowest 1,000m is the first one and the fastest is the last. I need some time to warm up and I want to save some of my energy. Also, I think diving straight in with full intensity from the beginning could have too many negatives (assuming you haven't warmed up before you start your 5km row).

In my lunch break now and heading up for my workout now. I am feeling a bit tired so will try to take it easy today. 

I think to each his or her own, i don't feel that rowing really hurts me if i go full from the start. But maybe that is because of my lifting. I could also be totally wrong but for me it does not feel bad.

I must add more slower sessions because of the dread i get if i keep chasing times. That puts pressure on me and makes rowing less fun. But its a hard habbit to break. Though I already go slower during rows to catch my breath instead of pushing past it.

Have a great row.

Ok just out for the count for the last two days and will take a break today too. Fever / headache / no energy. I was out. It sucked. Today feeling better not 100% but better.

Did get my PM5 today @GarryP

Uploaded some old results my account is robblok47 on concept Not sure how i give you permission to lok.

• 1 month later...

Still rowing but learned something really important.

Salt is important. Ok this does not go for those of you who buy their food and those who prepare their foods and add salt. But if you are like me making your own foods and don't use much salt then it might be useful to add it.

I was feeling weak, i did not recover from my rows was tired. After adding salt i no longer had muscle pains nor did i feel tired.

But i really really did not eat much salt to start with combine that with sweating a lot i was salt deficient. 

This is not that common but it could be holding you back.