Warning! Fake Bt1,000 And Bt100 Banknotes Circulating In Thailand

webfact

Warning! Fake 1,000 and 100 THB Banknotes Circulating in the South and the North

note.jpeg

Songkla, the police found fake 1,000 THB banknotes in muang Hadyai, Songkhla province and fake 100 THB banknotes in northern Nan province. The replica banknotes looked very much look like the real banknotes.

SONGKHLA – May 22, 2012 [PDN]; Pol. Col. Surachet Hakphal, Hadyai police station, Songkhla province was notified by an employee at the Seven-11 store in Hadyai after finding one fake 1,000 THB which was used to buy goods.

Upon investigation the employee of Seven-11 shop said that a fried chicken vendor had used the fake banknote to buy goods.

However, from asking Mr. Kornan Buanak age 40, the fried chicken & sticky rice vendor who said that in the evening a female customer age about 20 had used this fake banknote to buy goods. He said he didn’t know at that time that the banknote was fake.

Later when he used the fake banknote to buy goods in 7-Eleven shop, the employee told him that the banknote is fake. The police kept the fake banknote as evidence.

Also in the north of Thailand, in Nan province there now many fake 100 THB banknotes circulating.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Chalongchai Burirat, Commissioner, Naan province said that, the police will take action regarding these fake 100 THB banknotes ASAP. He also said that these banknotes will damage the local economy.

The suspects use the fake banknotes to buy goods during rush hour when it’s crowded and there are too many customers enjoying the sunset.

The police said you can detect the fakes from the real ones by looking at the size, the color and feeling, the texture of bank note.

The fake banknotes are smaller in size than the real one and when you pour water on the fake ones the color will fade.

The police informed the people in Naan province to check the 100 and 1,000 THB banknotes carefully especially in busy market areas and places with reduced light.

The authentic Thai government banknotes uses a paper which is tougher because It is printed on special paper and has a holographic strip on the left side. Caveat emptor! These are the only genuine Thai banknotes.

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-05-24

footer_n.gif

i love this quote:

The fake banknotes are smaller in size than the real one and when you pour water on the fake ones the color will fade.

Good god, if you are going to go to all the trouble of counterfeiting money, i would think the dimensions of the bill itself would be the one thing that is actually easy to get right.

The counterfeiters are obviously a few satang short of a Baht

• Like 2

i love this quote:

Good god, if you are going to go to all the trouble of counterfeiting money, i would think the dimensions of the bill itself would be the one thing that is actually easy to get right.

You would think that but 'TIT'

The lot we had on Samui some years back had a few bits missing - the little circle with an orange and purple logo on the right side of the King's neck on the front, and on the back the "snowflakes" (for wont of a better term) behind the King's head.

They were also missing the watermark.

A few were given out by ATMs, but if you went in to the bank to complain, the staff would deny such a thing was possible and confiscate the notes.

• Like 2

The writer, despite being a little weak in his / her knowledge of English syntax and grammar, assumes that the average reader has a basic knowledge of Latin quotes.

That is so nice. smile.png

• Like 2

i love this quote:

Easy to find them now it is the rainy season, just hold it up outside!

i love this quote:

You would think so but there again many of the old counterfeit English coins were recogisable by spelling mistakes in the legends quite apart from wrong sizes and weights. Counterfeiting was very common, even though those caught were publicly hanged.

a year or so back a friend of mine got a fake 500฿ note from one of the big bank exchanges. It was so obviously fake but was in a stack of notes and we didn't realise until he went to use it. It just shows that you can't trust anyone!

• Like 2

I like this line the best:

The suspects use the fake banknotes to buy goods during rush hour when it’s crowded and there are too many customers enjoying the sunset.

YES, That caught my attention also.............. 'Creative Journalism'..............

i love this quote:

If you make them just a little bit shorter, you can get six out of an A4 sheet. biggrin.png

The voice of experience then?

The writer, despite being a little weak in his / her knowledge of English syntax and grammar, assumes that the average reader has a basic knowledge of Latin quotes.

That is so nice. smile.png

Not sure the writer of this article knew it was Latin..... Just thought it was another funny english quote.....

Reports were yesterday that the banknotes looked try real. How can a banknote that is smaller look very real? Did the counterfeiters not have an original banknote that they made a mistake with the seize. I bet someone had a new Inkjet printer and started printing some rubbish.