Warning! Fake Bt1,000 And Bt100 Banknotes Circulating In Thailand

webfact

"The fake banknotes are smaller in size than the real one and when you pour water on the fake ones the color will fade."

Money Laundering Clearance Certificate will be needed...laugh.png

Posted 8 minutes ago

snapback.pngANTIRACIST, on 49 minutes ago, said:

Has they arrested the suspect?Yes but he came up with a 5,000 baht bribe and walked.

presume fine was paid for with fake notes

where can these be purchased and how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al007

Posted 8 minutes ago

snapback.pngANTIRACIST, on 49 minutes ago, said:

Has they arrested the suspect?Yes but he came up with a 5,000 baht bribe and walked.

presume fine was paid for with fake notes

where can these be purchased and how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al007

Bank of Thailand?

I like this line the best:

The suspects use the fake banknotes to buy goods during rush hour when it’s crowded and there are too many customers enjoying the sunset.

I know, someone should do something about all those people enjoying the sunsetsad.png

Is there any crime, that hasn't been committed or tried in Thailand? Seems like it attracts everyone, from all parts of the world, to try their luck in here, for anything illegal, anything the mind can think up.sad.png

Lets see here...my Thai general brother in law is stationed near hat yai and lives in Nan and is building a 25 million baht home with a huge swimming pool...can you spell money laundering? Something stinks here coffee1.gif

and....? I think that's how it's spelled

Has they arrested the suspect?

Yes but he came up with a 5,000 baht bribe and walked.

'Police were later surprised to find .....................'

I was issued 4 fake 100 renminbi notes from an ATM in downtown Guangzhou earlier this year. Visitors to China beware - only use ATMs in Banks if possible -

i love this quote:

The fake banknotes are smaller in size than the real one and when you pour water on the fake ones the color will fade.

Good god, if you are going to go to all the trouble of counterfeiting money, i would think the dimensions of the bill itself would be the one thing that is actually easy to get right.

You would think that but 'TIT'

what makes you think the notes are forged in Thailand by Thai's? Was there anything in the article about that? Or, are you one of those posters that just gets off on degrading everything here in the Kindom?

Truly amateurs. A direct scan and print will not be the same size as the original. Same with copiers. A simple safety feature of the device to catch the dumbest of counterfeiters. And then there is trackingcode which is printed inside any printed image. 20 Years ago these were yellow dots, now no idea, but bet you it's in there. Basically they can track down date, time, serialnumber and location of the printer used to print the money. So for anyone thinking about counterfeiting, don't even bother.

i love this quote:

The fake banknotes are smaller in size than the real one and when you pour water on the fake ones the color will fade.

Good god, if you are going to go to all the trouble of counterfeiting money, i would think the dimensions of the bill itself would be the one thing that is actually easy to get right.

Yes, that is strange that the size is wrong. That's the easy part.

I imagine there would be more than a few irate customers if they each had to wait for the vendor to dunk their hard earned cash into water, then wait for the colour to run - or not.

And why is it that the Pattaya papers find the need to use the most abstruse - not to say often archaic - adjectives in their articles: replica, instead of counterfeit?

If any fake notes come into my possession I will rush out and buy a fake Rolex, fake Levi jeans and use them to hire the services of a fake Police Colonel.

...pay barfines.

that would not be the brightest thing in the world to do. :-)

pay the bar, take the girl back to your room. the mamasan discovers a fake bill, calls the girl and tells her her bar fine was paid with fake currency and gets your hotel name and room number. 5 minutes later the police are at your door. Probably not a good idea. But, I know you were just joking. :-)

I liked this line

"Pol. Maj. Gen. Chalongchai Burirat, Commissioner, Naan province said that, the police will take action regarding these fake 100 THB banknotes ASAP"

In other words sooner or later.

My idea is the Thai government is issuing the notes to farm workers-students-home buyers-schools-hospitals- and the like, as when these people are to benefit, they take the notes back ???

The suspects use the fake banknotes to buy goods during rush hour when it’s crowded and there are too many customers enjoying the sunset.

I don't understand this part. Are they buying something from people enjoying the sunset.? blink.png

However, from asking Mr. Kornan Buanak age 40, the fried chicken & sticky rice vendor who said that in the evening a female customer age about 20 had used this fake banknote to buy goods. He said he didn’t know at that time that the banknote was fake.

cracked upcrazy.gif

i love this quote:

No real surprise though. If it's aThai fake it's a wonder they even got the wording right!

Edited by bigbamboo

As if it isnt bad enough in 7/11 already when you have a 1,000 baht note...under the counter for a few 100's, unwrap small change, takes almost 5 minutes...this is just going to add to it....maybe they could open one of the other two tills they have and get a few of the twelve other staff loitering around to help.

Ref the fake notes being smaller...

Its possible that they were originally 100 or 500 baht notes, which have been bleached and reprinted. The new "1000 baht" notes would then not only "feel" like genuine notes but also have watermarks and the holographic metallic strip. Although inspecting the metallic strip closely would reveal the wrong denomination printed.

Works for me . oops. Just an idea.

How long before the Thai's start confiscating legitimate notes from Falang saying they are counterfeit? I smell a new scam.

In theory they should call the police who would confiscate the note or notes but as someone will say TIT.

I suppose if you know you've ended up with a fake one you could always use it to pay the police their fine/tea money and hope they don't notice. assuming as well that they didn't print it in the first place.

Ever since joining TV I've got very cynical about Thailand.

Edited by kimamey