A Nice Chinese Restaurant On Soi 7, 3Rd Road

susanschwaiger

A big surprise!

We happened to find this CN restaurant this week. Nice, Clean and has a big menu. Most important, the taste is good.

They offer many kinds of CN food, and also has Karaok on 2nd and 3rd floor :))) And they have Thai food too. The owners are from Yun Nan, the province which is on border with Thailand.

Compared to this restaurant, that one on Soi Welcome of Jomtien is..... really.........$*&*&(*&$#(*#@($*# (nasty words omitted) We decide to go there next time with the PILC ladies.

The owners are not good in English. But I helped them translated some routine useful words. Besides, every dish has a photo. So, it shall not be too difficult to order.

The location is easy: just at the cross of Soi 7 on 3rd. If you see some CHinese words on the window glass, then you find it .

SS

• Like 1

If Soi 7 3rd I would place it near Mum Aroi . Correct ??

http://maps.google.c...&sz=17&t=m&z=17

Yup, you are right.

My driving route is:

From North Pattaya Road, turn onto Pattaya 3 Rd. When I reach the (1st or 2nd, can't remember ) traffic light, on my left hand is soi 6 , on my right hand is soi 7 .

The restaurant is just on the corner of soi 7. It is quite a large place.

So, the location is on 3rd, Soi 7, between Pattaya Nuea and Pattya Klang giggle.gif

Thanks for the tip. That's one I would have never found myself. Do they have Yunan Chinese food specifically or how would you describe their offerings? (Had Yunan before in Chiang Mai at a place specializing in it.) Are there specific dishes you tried and can you comment? How are the prices? Are they open for lunch? So many questions. So many dishes, so little time ...

New Chinese restaurants in Pattaya. Bring them on!

On their business card, it says they offer: Yu Nan/Si Chuan/Northern China cuisine. And they are proud of their dumplings and Yun Nan style beef noodles.

Since that day, we already had lunch somewhere else, so we didn't order much. We ordered dumpling (100 baht, leek and port inside), beef noodles in hot pot (very tasty to us Chinese, but not sure if westerners like it) and a vegetable with mushrooms, plus a bottle of water. Cost 340 Baht in total. I would say it is not cheap, but also not expensive. Reasonable.

In the menu book, I also see those typical Chinese dishes. And some sour sweet dishes too. Also thai food like fried squid rings, etc... Quite a lot of choices.

There is a rest place inside, where you can see many tea cups and tea trays. Quite interesting.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Some good detail. I love all of those types:

Yu Nan/Si Chuan/Northern China cuisine so I will definitely have to try it, but very inconvenient for me to get there.

The beef noodle in hot pot -- that was the Yunan beef noodles? Rice noodles, I assume? What about it do you think would put off westerners? Very fatty broth? Meat very gristly? Internal organ meats? Spice level?

Edited by Jingthing

So to confirm, they ARE open for lunch, correct?

Sorry for my carelessness (I am a bit absent minded recently because of the robbery !!!!). Yes, they open for lunch too!!! That day, we arrived at 2PM, and they still served food at a fast speed :)))

The noodle hotpot is rice noodle with beef/pork and mushroom and tomato and pickled vegetables (quantity is enough for 2 persons). I guess westerners don't like it , because my husband doesn't like this sort of things. He never likes food which is soft or in soup.. Of course, he has no right to represent all farangs!!!

Yeah, I don't think westerners in general have a problem with foods in soups. Sometimes Chinese pickled vegetables aren't to western tastes. In my view the things most commonly offputting to westerners about authentic Chinese food are:

too oily

too fatty

unusual to westerners cuts of meat, for example gristle cuts, internal organs, things like chicken feet, duck tongues, etc.

too spicy (with Chinese regions that do have spicy food, for those that don't like spicy)

I'm an adventurous eater, of course, but I don't like all Chinese dishes. In my experience I have had some funny experiences at places where they don't want to serve certain dishes. Sometimes I have had to fight to get served some dishes. Sometimes I love the dishes, sometimes I understand why they didn't want to serve them!

I think you need to be more specific with the location.

The corner of soi 7 on 3rd road isn't specific enough?

Considering that Third road is around 7 kilometres long and with no public transport available I wouldn't like to be the one walking along it wondering <deleted> Soi 7 is.

But with a nearby location, such as at the traffic lights where Hollywood is, you could figure out that a songthaew ride to Big C on Second Rd. would give you maybe a 5 minute walk to the restaurant.

Enjoyed a delicious bowl of beef noodle soup here today.

Nice.

Have you been to Pao? Can any comparisons be made? I'm certainly adding this place to my list of places to try.. .

I hope the reviews keep coming.

Nice.

Have you been to Pao? Can any comparisons be made? I'm certainly adding this place to my list of places to try.. .

Pao doesn't serve beef noodle soup. But they a great handmade noodles in hot and sour soup.

Nice.

Pao doesn't serve beef noodle soup. But they a great handmade noodles in hot and sour soup.

He does serve pork noodle soup though.

Nice.

The service is iffy here.

I went back for lunch the other day, sat on the patio again but the staff just sat there watching TV and smoking.

After 15 minutes, I went inside and he handed me a menu. Not a word spoken. I pointed to an item and he went to the kitchen and returned, shrugged his shoulders in a 'no have' sorta motion so I left. He seemed pleased.

The guy might have been a mute as I didn't even get a grunt out of him.

• Like 1

Nice.

The service is iffy here.

I went back for lunch the other day, sat on the patio again but the staff just sat there watching TV and smoking.

After 15 minutes, I went inside and he handed me a menu. Not a word spoken. I pointed to an item and he went to the kitchen and returned, shrugged his shoulders in a 'no have' sorta motion so I left. He seemed pleased.

The guy might have been a mute as I didn't even get a grunt out of him.

Bad service? Gives a place texture.blink.png

• 4 weeks later...

This restaurant is good and open everyday, a great chance to forget Pao which is never open and doesn't care its customers.

People at this Chinese restaurant at SAI 3 (Thai and Chinese) are all very friendly also, and more talkative than the other place.

My new choice of Chinese food from now on !

• Like 1