Looking For Pectin

StrongView

I'm looking for pectin in the Bangkok area. It's usually used in the production of jams. I know they must have it somewhere, as they produce many jams in Thailand with it, but cannot seem to find the raw product. A non-imported (ie, cheaper) brand would be much appreciated. Anyone ever see this here?

Thanks a lot!

can u use gelatin instead? (can find in supermarket)..u maybe find pectin in supermarket also ( i guess)

about pectin, obviously u can find in TH .. i try to google, links dont work

other choice... contact the faculty of food industry /food science @ kasetsart univ. , u will get what you want

:o

ps ..from google.. seem this guy is a dealer Nanthawat นันทวัฒน์ tel. 06-6710870

[email protected]

Edited by BambinA

Just do internet search on "Berli Jucker Thailand"they would have the pectin available but it is the imported stuff. (and be aware about minimum orders)

I never heard about locally manufactured pectin and even if it would be available I doubt that it would be cheaper then the imported pectin.

If you would use it for home use,I suggest to add some starch instead.

Just do internet search on "Berli Jucker Thailand"they would have the pectin available but it is the imported stuff. (and be aware about minimum orders)

I never heard about locally manufactured pectin and even if it would be available I doubt that it would be cheaper then the imported pectin.

If you would use it for home use,I suggest to add some starch instead.

I know someone that sells jam in Chiang Mai, and she uses naturally produced pectin. I believe that green mangoes are high in pectin content.

A lot of Pectin in Chiang Mai. I've seen it many times, the Rimping Supermarkets being one place but I believe I've seen it at Yok Trading as well.

Apples and blueberries are both high inpectin. Frozen blueberries are at Makro.

Edited by 1bigeater56