Fish Oil Capsules.

ravip

Believe most OTC fish oil is local brands rather than medical quality from a previous thread here. I do know Lovaza/Omacor 1000mg capsule is available, imported by Abbott Laboratories in Bangkok; but not cheap (about 2,000 baht per bottle of 28 in hospital pharmacy).

• Like 1

Blackmore products are readily available in Thailand and at reasonable prices.

I admit it has been at least 15 years since I checked there prices but at that time they were far from what most Americans would consider reasonable prices.

After enlargement of photo prices does seem much more reasonable than they used to be but was not looking at the same products then so unsure what price would have been.

The best deal in Thailand that I know is at Watsons. 200 capsules for 550 baht last time I bought, but they always have it on special.

The fish oil comes from Norway but packaged here. I really don't know how anyone could vouch for any particular brand (how could you possibly test which is best) and I doubt the Seven Seas brand is any different than the rest although it certainly is expensive. Nearly 10 GBP for 60 caps. eBay price $12.26. Shipping $10 for one bottle and $2 each for additional bottle.

• Like 1

The best deal in Thailand that I know is at Watsons. 200 capsules for 550 baht last time I bought, but they always have it on special.

The fish oil comes from Norway but packaged here. I really don't know how anyone could vouch for any particular brand (how could you possibly test which is best) and I doubt the Seven Seas brand is any different than the rest although it certainly is expensive. Nearly 10 GBP for 60 caps. eBay price $12.26. Shipping $10 for one bottle and $2 each for additional bottle.

Thank you tropo for the info. Guess I will try something local. Sevenseas had existed in this part on the world so long that it's kind of 'stuck' in my mind!

Thank you tropo for the info. Guess I will try something local. Sevenseas had existed in this part on the world so long that it's kind of 'stuck' in my mind!

The brand that I get at Watsons is called "Nutri Master". I've been using it for 5 years.

Oh, one more thing. It's popular because of the price, so if they have sold out at the Watsons store you're at, don't let them upsell you to another brand which they most surely will try to do - just go to a another Watsons store or ask them when the stock is coming back in.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1