The Best Massage In Chiang Mai...

Gboo

Hi There, long time reader, first time poster here on Thaivisa. I thought i'd share a gem of find for all those in search of a truly excellent Thai massage.

My wife and I have been coming to Thailand for twelve years now, spending significant time in Chiang Mai. I've had hundreds of massages from hundreds of girls. One girl stands out as clearly the best.

Her name is Joy and she works at Full Moon on Loi Khor Rd. Joy offers a LEGIT massage, no Happy Endings beyond complete and utter relaxation. Her English is decent and she pays absolute attention to personal requests. I prefer a hard massage and while small in stature, she has some of the strongest hands you'll find.

Joy is there most every day until 10pm-11pm or so. You'll find Full Moon on Loi Khor Rd. on the left hand side when going down (it's a one-way street) towards the night market. All girls are wearing a uniform and Full Moon is one store front from the corner of the last main road before the night bazaar.

If Joy is not available, i highly recommend waiting as I cannot vouch for any of the other girls or what types of massage they're offering.

Lastly, the cost is 200 THB per/hour. I usually go for 1.5hours and pay 300 THB. I personally tip 100-200 THB (more than most but that's just me)

p.s. i have never had an oil massage from Joy so I don't know. Someone we know did though and they said that like her Thai massage, she did an excellent oil massage.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the recommendation.

p.s. - i see below that you can upload pictures. In the next few days, i'll upload a picture of Joy and Full Moon to make it even easier.

I used to get a very good foot massage at the Full Moon which was done on comfortable chairs outside the main building for 120 baht per hour. Than they decided to move the foot massage inside the premises and the price increased to 200 per hour.

The oil massage increased from 200 baht an hour to 300 an hour.

Most massage parlours in the Loi Kroh road charge 100 to 150 per hour for a Thai massage and from 200 to 250 per hour for an oil massage..

On average all are much of the same and provide a similar service. some women are prepared to give happy endings and some not in most of these establishes, depends what the customer desires.

Although still basically cheap, what is so exclusive about the Full Moon that makes it worthwhile paying the extra prices.

Here is a tripadvisor report, although this is well out of date and the outside foot massage picture here no longer exists.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293917-d1869351-Reviews-Full_Moon_Massage_Chiang_Mai-Chiang_Mai.html

I used to get a very good foot massage at the Full Moon which was done on comfortable chairs outside the main building for 120 baht per hour. Than they decided to move the foot massage inside the premises and the price increased to 200 per hour.

The oil massage increased from 200 baht an hour to 300 an hour.

Most massage parlours in the Loi Kroh road charge 100 to 150 per hour for a Thai massage and from 200 to 250 per hour for an oil massage..

On average all are much of the same and provide a similar service. some women are prepared to give happy endings and some not in most of these establishes, depends what the customer desires.

Although still basically cheap, what is so exclusive about the Full Moon that makes it worthwhile paying the extra prices.

Here is a tripadvisor report, although this is well out of date and the outside foot massage picture here no longer exists.

http://www.tripadvis...Chiang_Mai.html

Well what can i say.

I either am going to the right places or wrong one's.

Never been asked for happy endings.

Just a quick note to say that I ABSOLUTELY do not have any affiliation with Full Moon or Joy beyond a professional relationship. I'm new to Thaivisa and do not want my review to be misinterpreted as self interest. My intention is purely to share the find. Hope you enjoy!

You pay for what you get mate; on the pavement its going to be cheaper than inside....but I will say; firstly you have no right to publish photos of this girl without her say so. Would you like a photo in a massage shop of yourself posted by her in whatever position suits.

Secondly the massage girls in these cheaper places, ok there are probably some elder states ladies who are very talented and skilled and you see more of these doing foot massages in the walking street; but Le Crow areas are basically bar girls, sitting to look pretty. Their earnings for massage if lucky will be 70bt/hr; most around 50bt; thats it. The golden ticket from you boys is to get you to have oil massage.

Thai massage is very skilled and amateur can induce serious injuries, these girls dont want to do Thai, its tiring and they have at best been shown by a friend.

But the oil massage, thats the key, they want the happy ending and a 500bt payday from you, so as soon as the oil, usually cooking oil; is on your legs they are scheming to get the "jack wow"

Next time you visit one, ask where they trained.

so if you just want the happy ending in a backstreet joint, then you dont need to say any more than ask for oil.....then you are in their hands.....or soon will be.

But if you want a serious Thai massage, I mean 2hrs, (1hr is literally a waste of time) then stop being a total cheap charlie and for around 600bt go to somewhere reputable and take on board the real thai massage experience, and be treated like a king not another sucker.

next time you pass one of these shops read the slogans "your stiffness is our business" its true in every sense.

In my experience high price is not necessarily an indication of good massage but more of nice surroundings. Used to go to Health land in Bangkok, which generally was good but still hit and miss with the massages. You do get treated like a king though. Now i go to a small shop near my home for 100 b per hour and the massage is fantastic.

• Like 1

I have to completely disagree with you eyecatcher. I have had some awful massages in "hi-so" places in both Bangkok and Chiang Mai and some excellent ones in the "cheaper places". I've also had hundreds of oil massages in "Loh Kroh" road and perhaps 10% of the time i have been asked if i wanted anything "extra". The majority of the girls working in those shops are middle aged and quite honestly i don't see any pretty ones at all.

• Like 1

There is nothing excluvise about Full Moon. My recommendation was purely in relation to this one great massage. I'm personally happy to pay another few bucks to have an excellent massage.

You pay for what you get mate; on the pavement its going to be cheaper than inside....but I will say; firstly you have no right to publish photos of this girl without her say so. .

Oh I think he has permission.......she probably suggested it.

HughJass,

Careful what you write. My WIFE and I are simply long-time customers of Joy's. She has a boyfriend and your words could be harmful. My wife is sitting here across me laughing as I'm replying, probably i should be as well...Nonetheless, I'll say once here that this is not the case. Go find out for yourself.

I completely agree w/much of this post. And, I will of course not be posting a picture w/out consent and i still will likely never get around to it.

You sound like someone who appreciates a good Thai massage. You should take the plunge and give her Thai massage skills a try for a few hours. I doubt you'll regret it.

Oh I think he has permission.......she probably suggested it.

Alright, looks as though a lot of poeple are having fun w/this. Let me make VERY CLEAR that Joy most definitely DID NOT suggest this. Nor does she even know what Thai Visa is.

My post was exactly what i said. Simply a great massage by a nice person. So, if you're looking for a relaxing and professional massage by someone who knows what they're doing, go and see her. Simple as that.

Edited by Gboo

Massage - Loi Kroh Road. I don't think my GF would let me go.

Its quite possible you may have found an excellent massage there, though the location is not one you'd expect to find an excellent massage.

You'll have a tough job promoting this one Gboo.

I take the OP at his word. In his very first post he tries to help out a Thai person and for that receives a ration of sh*t from some of the TV regulars. Par for the course. Still it may have helped as there are some readers who might now go to her.

• Like 1

I appreciate the OP posting his recommendation.

And yes, what a lot of shit he has got for it. (Although the ridiculously silly title, "The Best Massage in Chiang Mai" is pretty flaky!)

There are plenty of good massage people around - some in the 400bt hi-so spa places, and some just on the street for 100bt.

In my opinion, I have not found that more money gives a better massage - often worse! That old axiom, "you get what you pay for", is not a law - just a saying. Sometimes true, and often meaningless. And in this case, really meaningless...

---

I suggest:

We start up a topic that allows us to recommend good massage people. The OP's posting is a lovely idea - let's see if we can expand it to include many more of the 'gems'.

I will compile a list of 5-6 of my favourite local massage gems, and will be glad to post it.Two are in KSK, two are on Huey Keow, one is on the Loh Krow side-walk in the evenings, and one is working in Wat Sum Pow (near Thapae). All good, all experienced, all careful, and all less than 200bt (120-160). And all recommended by me - someone who has had 1000's of hours of Thai massage, and has studied many hours of Thai massage as well...

These gems are everywhere, and I appreciate the OP suggesting another one to us... With a few suggestions, we could probably have a list of 100-200 decent people in the area. Good idea!!!

They are not all badly-trained lazy bar-girls - although there are plenty of crap massages around as well!...

• Like 1

I appreciate the OP posting his recommendation.

And yes, what a lot of shit he has got for it. (Although the ridiculously silly title, "The Best Massage in Chiang Mai" is pretty flaky!)

There are plenty of good massage people around - some in the 400bt hi-so spa places, and some just on the street for 100bt.

In my opinion, I have not found that more money gives a better massage - often worse! That old axiom, "you get what you pay for", is not a law - just a saying. Sometimes true, and often meaningless. And in this case, really meaningless...

---

I suggest:

We start up a topic that allows us to recommend good massage people. The OP's posting is a lovely idea - let's see if we can expand it to include many more of the 'gems'.

I will compile a list of 5-6 of my favourite local massage gems, and will be glad to post it.Two are in KSK, two are on Huey Keow, one is on the Loh Krow side-walk in the evenings, and one is working in Wat Sum Pow (near Thapae). All good, all experienced, all careful, and all less than 200bt (120-160). And all recommended by me - someone who has had 1000's of hours of Thai massage, and has studied many hours of Thai massage as well...

These gems are everywhere, and I appreciate the OP suggesting another one to us... With a few suggestions, we could probably have a list of 100-200 decent people in the area. Good idea!!!

They are not all badly-trained lazy bar-girls - although there are plenty of crap massages around as well!...

Bring it on!!

• Like 1

I take the OP at his word. In his very first post he tries to help out a Thai person and for that receives a ration of sh*t from some of the TV regulars. Par for the course. Still it may have helped as there are some readers who might now go to her.

Welcome to Thaivisa OP, where some members minds are in the gutter and assume everyone else is too. Feel free to start a recommendations thread wjmark (for legit massage only, first one to bring up happy endings, soapy massages etc will find his account suspended for a week).

The OP has had his ration of BS for today I think

//CLOSED//