Tourist Visa Myanmar

Hello guys,

I have read all the post about the 28 day tourist visa i could find here and on other pages.

A lot of the info is from 2010 and 2011 though. I have tried to call the embassy in Bangkok today, but nobody is picking up the phone.

So i thought I could just post some questions here and maybe get some help.

How long does it take to get the visa? i have read it can be just the next day in the afternoon but i also read about 3-4 days.

Can anybody who recently applied for a visa in Bangkok give me any info?

I read that i have to be there before 8am to apply for the visa, is that correct?

and my last question, can anybody recommend any agency to apply for my tourist visa for me, and how much would that approximately cost?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

cheers

pep

Hello everybody,

I have just applied for my visa a few minutes back and I would like to post some information on that, which i couldn't find in this forum.

First of all it is really easy to get there, just take BTS and get off at Surasak Station, take Exit 3 and walk to the right, after about 150 m you can see the wall of the myanmar embassy already, just turn left there and you will see a grey metal door to the visa section.

For those of you who did not bring all the required stuff, there is a copy shop just another 50 meters down the road on the right side, there are direction signs on the wall just from the visa office's door, so you can't miss it.

You can get the visa application form there and you can copy the photo page of your passport. If you did not bring passport photos (or as me, photos with a background that is not white) you can also make your passport photos there. (photos, passport copy and application form will cost you 158 THB).

So actually i arrived there about 8am, got the photos and visa application and got in line in front of the visa office at 8:15. I was seventh in line, when they opened at 9am there were about 30 people in line, i walked out of the office by 9:10 again already, so actually not as bad as i have read in some other forums, but i might just have picked a not so busy day.

It is written there that you can only get the express visa if you show them an airplane ticket. That is just not true, i asked if i could pick it up the next day (which costs 1030 THB) and i was told that Tuesday (as Monday is closed due to holiday) will be very busy so i should pick it up today in the afternoon (1260 THB).

In fact it was really no big deal, i was a little worried that i would have to wait for 3 or more days but it turned out to be just fine.

So enjoy your trip to Myanmar everybody!

cheers

pep

• Like 1

Your experience matches mine. In addition, kindly note that the passport needs to have a Thai entry stamp. They don't accept passports that were couriered in from other countries.

We will soon update the pinned topic.

hello guys,

another question that just came to mind that i forgot to ask when i was at the visa office.

with the tourist visa do i have to have a return flight or is a one way flight ok?

thanks for the info!

cheers

pep

Your experience matches mine. In addition, kindly note that the passport needs to have a Thai entry stamp. They don't accept passports that were couriered in from other countries.

We will soon update the pinned topic.

A requirement for a Thai entry stamp has not been my experience so far. I have used a different passport from the one I used to enter Thailand 4 times already this year and expect to do the same next week. I hope it doesn't change.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I have just applied for my visa a few minutes back and I would like to post some information on that, which i couldn't find in this forum.

First of all it is really easy to get there, just take BTS and get off at Surasak Station, take Exit 3 and walk to the right, after about 150 m you can see the wall of the myanmar embassy already, just turn left there and you will see a grey metal door to the visa section.

For those of you who did not bring all the required stuff, there is a copy shop just another 50 meters down the road on the right side, there are direction signs on the wall just from the visa office's door, so you can't miss it.

You can get the visa application form there and you can copy the photo page of your passport. If you did not bring passport photos (or as me, photos with a background that is not white) you can also make your passport photos there. (photos, passport copy and application form will cost you 158 THB).

So actually i arrived there about 8am, got the photos and visa application and got in line in front of the visa office at 8:15. I was seventh in line, when they opened at 9am there were about 30 people in line, i walked out of the office by 9:10 again already, so actually not as bad as i have read in some other forums, but i might just have picked a not so busy day.

It is written there that you can only get the express visa if you show them an airplane ticket. That is just not true, i asked if i could pick it up the next day (which costs 1030 THB) and i was told that Tuesday (as Monday is closed due to holiday) will be very busy so i should pick it up today in the afternoon (1260 THB).

In fact it was really no big deal, i was a little worried that i would have to wait for 3 or more days but it turned out to be just fine.

cheers

pep

Pepi the following list is for a tourist Visa application according to one website

Requirements for Tourism Visa Application

1. Passport: valid for more than 6 months.

2. Application for Entry Visa.

3. 1 piece passport size colorful picture, white background.

4. Certification letter from employer with signature or stamp.

5. Air tickets reservation.

6. Visa fee of 200 RMB for tourist visa payable in cash.

did you have to comply with item 4 being the letter from your employer?

hello guys,

another question that just came to mind that i forgot to ask when i was at the visa office.

with the tourist visa do i have to have a return flight or is a one way flight ok?

thanks for the info!

cheers

pep

No need. Since you already got the tourist Visa so you can just book your return ticket there.

However i would recommend you to book it early in Thailand as Internet there is slow and sometimes not available. If you buy over the counter you will need to pay cash only.

Hello everybody,

cheers

pep

Pepi the following list is for a tourist Visa application according to one website

Requirements for Tourism Visa Application

1. Passport: valid for more than 6 months.

2. Application for Entry Visa.

3. 1 piece passport size colorful picture, white background.

4. Certification letter from employer with signature or stamp.

5. Air tickets reservation.

6. Visa fee of 200 RMB for tourist visa payable in cash.

did you have to comply with item 4 being the letter from your employer?

No need if for tourist Visa. Only applicable to Business Visa.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way to get a 28 day visa is to book your trip with a Burma travel agent..........tell them you want a VOA ($30 service charge). Email them application & copy of passport...in 3 days you will have your VOA...plus $30 on arrival.....I just did it, 15 minutes at VOA desk and done. Also have GREAT travel agent!

This method may have been easy for you, but others may wish to save the $30 fee, and go to the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok to apply for their visa...

There seem to be a lot of threads generated with duplicate questions/answers....

So far, Ratsima's detailed post on page 2 - 3 of the pinned thread Myanmar Visa Info is still the best advice on how to go about this

http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5176315

It also contains the current, correct, tourist visa application form. Make sure you print both sides onto one piece of A4 paper....

Yes - if you don't have a couple of days to spare in Bangkok - a VOA application through a travel agent might be good, but $30 on top of the cost is still an expense which can be avoided....

I'm in Yangon again now, and will be asking advice from the relevant chaps here as to what the story is with the online application site.... If I find out something accurate and useful, I'll post it..

Edited by SeaVisionBurma

I would like to vist Myanmar as a tourist but I don’t get the feeling the government there is making it easy for tourists and I don’t understand why ? They are making visa on arrival available to business people but what is the point of that if the tourists don’t find it so easy to get there?

I live outside Bangkok so an application for a visa at the embassy would mean two journeys ( i.e. one to apply and again to collect the passport )which is too much hassle.

I was quoted $85 through a travel agent for a visa on arrival including the $30 fee but this is too much in my opinion.

There was meant to have been an e- visa website but this was promised in February and is still not working.

Edited by khaan