Slow Down You Fecking Idiots!

kawapower

100% agree with everything mentioned, they are truly dangerous, oh but wait, i fell a double standard and the kettle calling the pot coming on, how many of yous reading this can honestly say you don't drink drive, every place i go i see time and time again, farang drunk, some times out there heads and jumping in cars or on bikes and driving, of coarse yes i know the Thai's do it most probably worse and with there diving ability thats a bad recipe.

does anyone know the statistics for thailand or phuket for injury and death with drink driving over just bad driving.

so the next time we shout at a thai bad driver, can we honestly say it with being whiter then white, gilt free????, CHEERS!!!!

Everytime I shout at a Thai driver I am TOTALLY guilt free.

Have you seen this, from another thread. Worth a read for a laugh.

yes but do you drink drive and how often, if never you are the exception

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree with everything mentioned, they are truly dangerous, oh but wait, i fell a double standard and the kettle calling the pot coming on, how many of yous reading this can honestly say you don't drink drive, every place i go i see time and time again, farang drunk, some times out there heads and jumping in cars or on bikes and driving, of coarse yes i know the Thai's do it most probably worse and with there diving ability thats a bad recipe.

does anyone know the statistics for thailand or phuket for injury and death with drink driving over just bad driving.

so the next time we shout at a thai bad driver, can we honestly say it with being whiter then white, gilt free????, CHEERS!!!!

As far as I can recall I have always been able to pass a Thai breathaliser test. I know many Falangs who will not drive if they have had more than a couple of drinks.

As far as I can recall I have always been able to pass a Thai breathaliser test. I know many Falangs who will not drive if they have had more than a couple of drinks.

Thai Breathalyzer, didn't know there was such a thing, oh sorry i did here about them, you couldn't have every been tested and walked away clean as they are supplied and calibrated to zero tolerance, thats no drink at all in the system, i'm sure one of the tourist police moderators will confirm that.

again i'm not justifying thai bad driving, i don't think anyone can,they rank in the world of driving up in the top of bad!!!! it's just the double standards i keep hearing

I very much doubt it is the exception, but I'm looking forward to your statistics to correct me here. Secondly, it was about bad driving, drinking and driving is something completely different. It might be a good idea to start a new thread if you would like to discuss that.

Ok, I'll be more specific. How many foreigners owned until less than a month ago, a black 2012 Z1000 in Phuket? I'll go out on a limb and say one, which makes you the guy I saw on multiple occasions so you can <deleted> about other peoples bad driving habits, hypocrite.

Exhibit A:

Slow Down You <deleted> Idiots!!!

She can watch me take off from the lights on my Z1000 it is like a <deleted> missile!!!

To be fair to Kawasaki (I've only read the post quoted in your post), I too speed away at traffic lights (on my scooter) as soon as they turn green - far safer to speed away rather than try to dodge the impatient so and so's behind...

When tailgated though, its not worth the effort of driving badly to make a point. Far easier, and safer, just to move as far left as possible and slow down when they have a chance to overtake.

]Thai Breathalyzer, didn't know there was such a thing, oh sorry i did here about them, you couldn't have every been tested and walked away clean as they are supplied and calibrated to zero tolerance, thats no drink at all in the system, i'm sure one of the tourist police moderators will confirm that.

again i'm not justifying thai bad driving, i don't think anyone can,they rank in the world of driving up in the top of bad!!!! it's just the double standards i keep hearing

Although it obviously happens a lot, to suggest that nobody chooses not to drink and drive is a bit daft. I would say there is probably just as many who don't as there is that do.

I'm currently in California, which is part of the USA, although at times we wish we weren't, and there are lot's of idiotic drivers here too. At least the roads are much better, wider and they are in general safer I'd say. So for me driving in Phuket for many years has made me a better and more defensive driver everywhere.

I'm currently in California, which is part of the USA, although at times we wish we weren't, and there are lot's of idiotic drivers here too. At least the roads are much better, wider and they are in general safer I'd say. So for me driving in Phuket for many years has made me a better and more defensive driver everywhere.

After driving for so long in Thailand, I found it very difficult to drive in a lane next to a bus or 18 wheel truck whenever I go back to Cali. I had been programmed in Thailand to expect them to push into my lane with me still in it.

A good thread which now contains a couple of posters who seem to have a problem!!! is it dangerous to speed away from lights when there is obviously a clear road ahead?

Yes it is quite safe to be the first away from lights, that is if you are intelligent enough to be looking right and left as you do this!!! no one in there right mind would speed away from lights assuming everyone from the right or left will stop at there red light!!

No I have never given the one finger to anyone in the 3 yrs I have been here, I gestate sometimes as I did the other night with the palm of my hand in an up and down motion to signify slow down, sometimes it works sometimes it does not!!

• Like 1

Looks like yet another thread being taken over by the not so nice people, has there ever been a thread that has not contained insults of some kind, are these people bored or are they just not very nice!! I suppose it is something and someone to laugh at!! clap2.gif

To be fair to Kawasaki (I've only read the post quoted in your post), I too speed away at traffic lights (on my scooter) as soon as they turn green - far safer to speed away rather than try to dodge the impatient so and so's behind...

Never, never be the first motorbike away from the lights when they turn green. You'll be the one that's hit by the last car going through on red. Best to let others be the Guinea-pigs.

There are always cars lined up behind me at the traffic lights. So no chance of a car going through on the 'red' light.

Never, never be the first motorbike away from the lights when they turn green. You'll be the one that's hit by the last car going through on red. Best to let others be the Guinea-pigs.

There are always cars lined up behind me at the traffic lights. So no chance of a car going through on the 'red' light.

No, but those will come from the side after the green has turned to red.

A good thread which now contains a couple of posters who seem to have a problem!!! is it dangerous to speed away from lights when there is obviously a clear road ahead?

Yes it is quite safe to be the first away from lights, that is if you are intelligent enough to be looking right and left as you do this!!! no one in there right mind would speed away from lights assuming everyone from the right or left will stop at there red light!!

No I have never given the one finger to anyone in the 3 yrs I have been here, I gestate sometimes as I did the other night with the palm of my hand in an up and down motion to signify slow down, sometimes it works sometimes it does not!!

I agree about being careful about cars/bikes coming from the left! As you say, they will come even though their light is red, which is why (if at all possible), I position myself at the front in the overtaking lane.

One of the good things I have learned whilst living in Thailand is NEVER to be rude by 'showing the finger' etc. Its just not worth the risk.

Have to say though that I would not try to tell someone to slow down either - again, its not worth the risk.

Must admit the thing that REALLY pisses me off is when in a queue to U turn or turn right, is the guy that doesn't want to queue and comes up on the inside and butts in at the front w00t.gif , risk or not l put them in the weeds. lazy bastards, no need for it. sad.png

I agree about being careful about cars/bikes coming from the left! As you say, they will come even though their light is red, which is why (if at all possible), I position myself at the front in the overtaking lane.

One of the good things I have learned whilst living in Thailand is NEVER to be rude by 'showing the finger' etc. Its just not worth the risk.

Have to say though that I would not try to tell someone to slow down either - again, its not worth the risk.

I have given the slow down signal many times especially to mini vans, I have also used the horn when someone is being a dick, never had a problem, but like in any country giving any form of disagreement could result in a road rage incident.

Best place to be on a scooter at the lights is the extreme left, so there are no cars behind you and let a few bikes go ahead of you when the light turns green.

Best place to be on a scooter at the lights is the extreme left, so there are no cars behind you and let a few bikes go ahead of you when the light turns green.

Matter of opinion.... Staying to the far left is not good as a) vehicles turning left at the junction cannot turn left cool.png good chance of vehicles coming from the left (on a red light) and c) letting other bikes in front of you increases the chance of a car running up the back of you whilst stationery at traffic lights.

IMO obviously.

Edit - not to mention the fact that 99.99 % of other bikes/cars have FAR slower acceleration.

Edited by F1fanatic

A sensible post and one I actually agree with, it is still okay and safe to speed away from lights providing you are 100% certain no one is going to jump the lights from either the left or right. but wanting to stay out of hospital and off the morticians slab I will be adopting the method posted as it makes very good sense! or maybe I will contiue to do what I have done for the last 3 yrs as I have never had a problem. it's all about staying safe so we all have to do what we think is best.

Should have mentioned stay left but leave the left hand clear as it will be used by vehicles turning left when safe to do so.

Edited by kawapower

With all that rushing around, speeding and doing the dumbest things when driving, yet they still manage to come late for EVERY SINGLE meetingbiggrin.png

That is because they are seldom rushing to get to work...noodle stands, karaoke bars, shopping malls...definitely

F1, with all due respect, understand that your scooter has around 9hp. kp's bike had around 140hp. When he says "take off from the lights on my Z1000 it is like a <deleted> missile!!!" it is not quite the same as what you are talking about. It's 15 times that. I also like to be first to get away from other vehicles when I can. That is a different issue. Being first from a red light is not the same as "launched like a <deleted> missile"

Me personally, I love the driving here. I never have to look at the speedo, I dont have to worry about red light camera's the fines are less than $20 (I havent had one in years), No breathalysers. Only the fist waving falangs piss me off.

Reply to NomadJoe.

I have never boasted about my driving style(if I have I am sure you will show me, I have certainly never shot past anyone with Cm's to spare intentionaly, if you drive every day it is bound to happen in a country where there are many many bikes around you!! again if it was indeed me it was not intentional, here we go again using the word hypocrite, please do not use such words unless you can honestly say you have never ever shot passed anyone with Cm's to spare!! yes from time to time I am one of the <deleted> idiots and tossers, I am not alone there am I!! try to be polite in future I see no need to be rude!!!

I was at the traffic lights up by Mission today, next to me was a Z1000 I could not see if it was a Thai or falang driving, he shot away from the lights like a <deleted> missile, I guess these bikes make you do such things!!!

Yes the bike was fast, yes it was beautiful, but the temptation to go too fast and on occasion act silly got too much so I sold the bike and now drive the much more sedate 250. I have to say I enjoy the 250 much more!!

A few times I have been passed by a big bike with Cm's to spare and just like you scared the life out of me, and yes I did call the person untold names so I am aware where you are coming from, I decided to do something about it and sold the huge missile like vehicle for a smaller unmissile like vehicle.

No I am not back peddling as another poster likes to say, I always learn by my mistakes and try to behave better in the future.

Edited by kawapower