Checking Balance Of 3G Data Allowance - Truemove-H

Hi all - hope someone can help me out with this "simple" query............

I have a post-paid Truemove-H SIM card contract with a monthly data allowance of 5Gb.

I access the internet with this SIM via their own rebranded Huawei E303 modem which I've connected to a TP-Link wireless router. This setup provides a good wireless connection for my two Android mobile devices plus my Windows 7 laptop throughout the house.

My question is this - how do I check the outstanding balance of my monthly data allowance?

I have, of course, tried to get the answer direct from Truemove and I have variously been told to:-

1) SMS them a (supplied) code number - no response received.

2) Give them my email login details......<deleted>?! - I declined.

2) Visit their "Trueiservice.com" website - this is, in fact, a single dumb page containing no relevant info and no working links.

- they also declined to send me an email, in English, with any instructions.

This seems to me to be such a very simple request but, as has happened before in Thailand, it appears that My Path to True Enlightenment leads straight to the doors of ThaiVisa.com!

Many thanks in advance.

There's a free app called 3G watchdog you can download. You just put in the start date of your monthly allowance plus what your data allowance is and the app will monitor all your usage. It's easy to keep a regular check on your usage plus it will warn you when you start to get close to your limit.

Thanks for the reply Sumrit, but there's the problem.

I have three devices using data independently - only the router itself "knows" the total data that has passed.

The only way I could use any kind of installed data checker would be to load all three devices with their own (two Android and one Windows compatible) data checking software then, to check the remaining data balance, I would need to run each program in turn, make a note of the data used on each device then total it all up and subtract from 5Gb!

Yes, I suppose I'm being lazy, but there must be a simpler way!

I have three devices using data independently - only the router itself "knows" the total data that has passed.

The only way I could use any kind of installed data checker would be to load all three devices with their own (two Android and one Windows compatible) data checking software then, to check the remaining data balance, I would need to run each program in turn, make a note of the data used on each device then total it all up and subtract from 5Gb!

There have been other threads about this, but worth repeating here:

- from phone USSD method

Dial *900# and then the call button. you should get two SMSs, one with your current promotion, and one with the explaination of what your max usage is for your plan, how much you have used so far, and what throttle speed is after your fair use limit is reached. see here for example.

- using SMS from phone or aircard connection software.

Send sms to 9789 with the letter "b" (without the quotes) in the body. within 30 seconds you should get two SMSs, one with your current promotion, and one with the explaination of what your max usage is for your plan, how much you have used so far, and what throttle speed is after your fair use limit is reached. see here for example.

Bonus: get wifi password:

*902# or

send sms to 9789 with the letter "w"

MyByCat 3G, you must call the call center to get your current usage....no automated method. But, if you call from myCat sim, the call is free (according to the CAT phone rep).

tip and bonus # 2.

Even though the true h net sim only has 60 day rolling maximum validity, ANY user activity extends this validity. I think just checking your 3G balance will extend the validity. I haven't tested all of the specifics, but I have checked validity, then checked 3G balance via SMS, then checked validity again and saw that I was extended 60 days from that day. So cool way to keep your sim card alive.

I'm not sure if the smartphone h sim or other sims have larger maximum validity; 60 days is kinda weak, but I guess it ensures that they can reissue expired numbers quickly.

The bonus is a sheet from the truemove h website that shows all the codes to change your prepaid plan. The thai version is updated in price and shows a little more for blackberry users.

post-109486-0-17700300-1338636757_thumb.

post-109486-0-34486700-1338636772_thumb.

Many thanks 4evermaat, for your swift and detailed response and also for the attached links.

Unless I've missed something here, it seems like there's still no way of checking the outstanding data allowance whilst the SIM card is plugged into my router, but it's no hardship to transfer it temporarily to one of my devices and send the SMS to get this info, so your help is much appreciated.

Did you register for the iService platform? I think you can view usage via that web interface. http://iservice.truecorp.co.th/members/myservice_login

While not applicable to your situation, I did notice that there is a new iService Android app. in the market. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truelife.mobile.android.trueiservice&hl=en

Has one of your android devices got a portable hotspot facility? If so you could use that as your router, install 3G watchdog on it as well and it will then monitor the total data usage from both itself and all devices connected to it.

Thanks sumrit, yes, in fact I started out by using the hotspot facility on my Galaxy tab 6800 but found after a few hours using my laptop that the tab got very hot and needed to be constantly on charge to deal with the data throughput.

I decided to get a purpose-built wifi router for that reason, rather than run the risk of damaging my beautiful 7.7!

Thanks sumrit, yes, in fact I started out by using the hotspot facility on my Galaxy tab 6800 but found after a few hours using my laptop that the tab got very hot and needed to be constantly on charge to deal with the data throughput.

I decided to get a purpose-built wifi router for that reason, rather than run the risk of damaging my beautiful 7.7!

I think a Mifi device would have been cheaper and more purpose-driven. They take the sim card directly, can run on battery / portable, and you can send/receive SMS on the admin page of your web browser. Butyou got what you needed.

Here is another bonus: any user-initiated activity should extend your validity to a maximum of 60 days from the date of transaction. you should be able to do the check promotion, use internet, etc to get the free extension.

To check SIM card validity and account balance (not promotion balance),

#123# (or call 9302). i dont know if there is an SMS method for this.

Hi 4evermaat - in fact I ran a CAT CDMA MiFi 2200 device for two years and got through FOUR different charger units until the modem itself expired three months ago.

My complaints to the CAT office were met with "Well, you use it too much"!

When CAT announced that their CDMA service would terminate in Nov this year, I, and they, tried, unsuccessfully, to get their 3G SIM card to work with my new, global edition Galaxy tab 6800.

Their general attitude towards both my wife and I was so offhand, dismissive and downright offensive, that I finally advised them to consider re-focussing the future use of their SIM card to that of their own personal suppository, and we parted on bad terms.

My attempts to obtain a TrueMove "MiFi-type" device at their local "office desk" in Tesco were met with "Why do you want one of those?", "They don't work with 3G+" and finally "We don't have any and we don't know how long it will take to get one but if you pay for it now (about 5000 Baht) we'll order one for you"!

Needless to say, there are no cable ISP services (neither optical nor metal conductor) available where we live - hence the Huawei E303 USB dongle......................!

• 4 months later...

Did you register for the iService platform? I think you can view usage via that web interface. http://iservice.true...myservice_login

While not applicable to your situation, I did notice that there is a new iService Android app. in the market. https://play.google....eiservice&hl=en

The True iService app for iPhone/iPad works too. The caveat is that it's really buggy so it might take a while to set it up.

But once that works you can

- Check your remaining 3G balance

That's how I manage the SIM for my iPad.

I keep my Truemove-H SIM in the android phone. I can call *900# and it will send me two SMS messages. One will tell you what package you have and when it expires. The second will tell you how many GB remain. I have a MiFi and I keep the My Cat SIM in it. I tether my phone to the computer after the My CAT fair usage is used up. It works great.

• 8 months later...

In order to register your True H 3G sim with iservice you have to go to a True shop with your passport and register. It doesn't work if you try and do it online. Really inconvenient. Everyone with an iPad has this problem.

Hi all - hope someone can help me out with this "simple" query............

I have a post-paid Truemove-H SIM card contract with a monthly data allowance of 5Gb.

I access the internet with this SIM via their own rebranded Huawei E303 modem which I've connected to a TP-Link wireless router. This setup provides a good wireless connection for my two Android mobile devices plus my Windows 7 laptop throughout the house.

My question is this - how do I check the outstanding balance of my monthly data allowance?

I have, of course, tried to get the answer direct from Truemove and I have variously been told to:-

1) SMS them a (supplied) code number - no response received.

2) Give them my email login details......<deleted>?! - I declined.

2) Visit their "Trueiservice.com" website - this is, in fact, a single dumb page containing no relevant info and no working links.

- they also declined to send me an email, in English, with any instructions.

This seems to me to be such a very simple request but, as has happened before in Thailand, it appears that My Path to True Enlightenment leads straight to the doors of ThaiVisa.com!

Many thanks in advance.

If you are using an iPhone download trueiservice from AppStore, login using your phone number and ID which is used for SIM card purchase. And you are good to go all the details are in there.