European Championships

bangkokrick

I have finally located the disturbing Panorama documentary on the Polish/Ukraine football fanatics. What the hell are UEFA thinking of by allowing these out and out racist Countries to host the Championships. It will sadly end in tears.

[media=]

[/media]

For those who have not seen it.

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy narrow minded person

Because one person or one group is racist or aledged to be racist

does not mean the whole country is racist.

IMO opinion there are racist people in every country in the world so

where should they hod the EUROS / World Cups

You saying there are no racists in Germany? South Africa? ...

Get a fricken grip ...

Get a fricken grip ...

Well atleast other countries try and do something about it. The abuse of players week in week out is appalling in those countries.

I suggest you get a grip.

Get a fricken grip ...

The racist groups are using football matches as a platform and nothing is being done about it. There will be a huge influx of foreign supporters at these football matches which will surely end with problems.

I did not mention racism in other Countries because it is not relevant to this thread.

I suggest that you get a grip on reality.

Get a fricken grip ...

The racist groups are using football matches as a platform and nothing is being done about it. There will be a huge influx of foreign supporters at these football matches which will surely end with problems.

I did not mention racism in other Countries because it is not relevant to this thread.

I suggest that you get a grip on reality.

Almost everything can be used as a platform t advance an agenda

I think Panorama over cooked the true amount of issues and made a

meal out of it for ratings.

I am sure the people running security in Ukr and Pol. are well aware of

any issues that might arise and know who the core of the trouble makers

are and have plans in place

IMO there will be no issues and everything has been blown out of proportion.

Ever since the UK cracked down on hooligans traveling during big tournaments

there has been little to no issues at major events.

The level of racism at Polish and Ukrainian games is not new news, and it is not being sensationalised by the media. It's a cold reality.

BTW, thanks bangkokrick for providing the link, i've been wanting to watch it myself....thumbsup.gif

Edited by LucidLucifer

The level of racism at Polish and Ukrainian games is not new news, and it is not being sensationalised by the media. It's a cold reality.

BTW, thanks bangkokrick for providing the link, i've been wanting to watch it myself....thumbsup.gif

No worries mate. I have worked in that area of the world on numerous occasions and can confirm it is a cold reality.

Well atleast other countries try and do something about it. The abuse of players week in week out is appalling in those countries.

indeed. fifa's awarding of a world cup to russia which has similar endemic problems was as bad. see also qatar and its views on gay football fans attending the world cup.

indeed. fifa's awarding of a world cup to russia which has similar endemic problems was as bad. see also qatar and its views on gay football fans attending the world cup.

Yes I think that Russia and Qatar was an equally strange decision. The gay angle did not cross my mind, but That must also be a worry for those concerned. Anyway should be fun playing in air conditioned stadiums.

Gay is a real issue in all of eastern Europe, not just Russia. On the positive side of having the euro s in Poland and the Ukraine, perhaps they will be forced to face their social demons and realise how pointless and useless their violent resolutions are . And Ive got to say ive had 1 st hand experience with eastern europeans dealing with their racial issues, and from my experience once explained they are quick and willing to realise the folly of their views.

Edited by rijit

Yes I think that Russia and Qatar was an equally strange decision. The gay angle did not cross my mind, but That must also be a worry for those concerned. Anyway should be fun playing in air conditioned stadiums.

it's ok though, lovely uncle sepp says that "gay fans going to the world cup in qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, should refrain from sexual activity". bless him.

I downloaded it a few days ago (expat shield is great) and was shocked by what goes on over there! Sure, every country has issues with racism but nowhere near what is going on there. If the police do nothing during the Euros then matches will get called off and players might even walk.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I downloaded it a few days ago (expat shield is great) and was shocked by what goes on over there! Sure, every country has issues with racism but nowhere near what is going on there. If the police do nothing during the Euros then matches will get called off and players might even walk.

yeah it's going to be interesting to see how the policing is at matches. if england play ukraine in the group match and there's monkey chants at black english players i'd hope that the manager would just take the team off the pitch.

• Like 1

it's ok though, lovely uncle sepp says that "gay fans going to the world cup in qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, should refrain from sexual activity". bless him.

The more I hear about this guy the more I dislike him.

The thing that I do not understand about the white power groups is that they seem to hold Adolf Hitler in high esteem, which is strange when both of their Countries suffered very badly during the WW2.

yeah it's going to be interesting to see how the policing is at matches. if england play ukraine in the group match and there's monkey chants at black english players i'd hope that the manager would just take the team off the pitch.

We all hope that this will not happen, but it's very likely that it will, will reference to the video.

The thing that I do not understand about the white power groups is that they seem to hold Adolf Hitler in high esteem, which is strange when both of their Countries suffered very badly during the WW2.

oh sepp's proper vile. probably votes far right himself.

they're countries that have massive poverty and a lot of desperate, poor people - perfect breeding grounds for far right thinking and policy. poland had a black striker several years ago whose name escapes me and he was about their best player - but he got booed by his own fans when he played. it's sad and horrible but socially they're just backwards. really hope it doesn't rear its head at the euros. but then perhaps it's a better thing that it does and gets acknowledged as a problem rather than policing the hell out of it and brushing it under the carpet.

• Like 1

oh sepp's proper vile. probably votes far right himself.

they're countries that have massive poverty and a lot of desperate, poor people - perfect breeding grounds for far right thinking and policy. poland had a black striker several years ago whose name escapes me and he was about their best player - but he got booed by his own fans when he played. it's sad and horrible but socially they're just backwards. really hope it doesn't rear its head at the euros. but then perhaps it's a better thing that it does and gets acknowledged as a problem rather than policing the hell out of it and brushing it under the carpet.

Yes it's all pretty sad really and I think that other venues should have been chosen until Poland and the Ukraine get their act together. Well I guess at least one England player will be popular with the opposing fans, by the name of John Terry.

Yes it's all pretty sad really and I think that other venues should have been chosen until Poland and the Ukraine get their act together. Well I guess at least one England player will be popular with the opposing fans, by the name of John Terry.

haha, yes he could be quite at home. against ukraine though hodgson could line up with hart, jones, cahill, terry, baines, gerrard, parker, milner, rooney, carroll and downing just to pre-empt the problem.

haha, yes he could be quite at home. against ukraine though hodgson could line up with hart, jones, cahill, terry, baines, gerrard, parker, milner, rooney, carroll and downing just to pre-empt the problem.

Yep that sounds like a good line up and would solve any problems, but I am still surprised that he is in the squad pending his court case. Not a very good role model for the kids. If of course he is proven guilty.

I watched this last week on the BBC and it followed with an interview with representatives from the Ukranian and Polish Embassy's (I think they were Ambassador's). They were extremely angry over the one sided view of the documentary and pointed out that this was not the norm. They both even "guaranteed"the safety of the fans. Time will tell but let's hope they are right.

I watched this last week on the BBC and it followed with an interview with representatives from the Ukranian and Polish Embassy's (I think they were Ambassador's). They were extremely angry over the one sided view of the documentary and pointed out that this was not the norm. They both even "guaranteed"the safety of the fans. Time will tell but let's hope they are right.

The fans are not doing the Nazi salute, they are just pointing at the opposing fans to get their attention. lol

The fans are not doing the Nazi salute, they are just pointing at the opposing fans to get their attention. lol

Nobody said the fans in the video weren't doing the Nazi salute. The question is, is this normal behaviour of the fans in the Ukraine and Poland? We are led to believe so from the documentary but the guys representing the Ukraine and Poland in an interview with the BBC say not. All I say is, let's hope it is they who are right.

Nobody said the fans in the video weren't doing the Nazi salute. The question is, is this normal behaviour of the fans in the Ukraine and Poland? We are led to believe so from the documentary but the guys representing the Ukraine and Poland in an interview with the BBC say not. All I say is, let's hope it is they who are right.

I did not mean you Mr Bojangles. The official guy in the video seemed to be in denial about the problem. I also hope that things go well in the tournament, but was shocked to see the content of the video.

Yet they still feel the need to organise 'England fans only' areas. The question you have to ask yourselves is whether there would need to be a "Polish fans only" area for example, if the tournament was held in England. that would cause outrage.

There is no doubt that documentary is one sided but it still contains quite enough evidence to be very condeming.

Edited by carmine