European Championships

bangkokrick

is there going to be a third place play off,got up this morn.nowt

think they've done away with them - if the euros ever had them in fact. which is a good thing as they're the most pointless idea ever.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in the World Cup. Never in the Euro's.

Never is a long time smile.png I believe the last time they played the third place play-off match in the European Championships was in 1980 (Czechoslovakia beat Italy on penalties).

Sophon

what can you say about that,italy never at the races couldnt pick a man of the match ramos comes close,referee blotted his copybook by not awarding a clear cut penalty 4-0 could have been more.so whats next? olympic games,worth missing sleep you bet.

Spain were brilliant in the first half and the second goal in particular by Alba was a thing of beauty and a joy forever. This was easily their best display of the tournament. So many finals turn out to be dreadfully boring. Not this one.smile.png

In the second half Italy were making a fight of it but once Motta had to go off after 62minutes and they were down to 10 men they had no hope. It was very doubtful if they could have saved the game even with a full complement but any uncertainty disappeared from that moment on. A four goal margin was unkind on them.

Only in the World Cup. Never in the Euro's.

Never is a long time smile.png I believe the last time they played the third place play-off match in the European Championships was in 1980 (Czechoslovakia beat Italy on penalties).

Sophon

I also forgot that in the 4 team format before 1980 they always had 2 semi a final and a 3rd place. Never say never.rolleyes.gif

Italy one up on the national anthems.

Love the way Buffon sings it thumbsup.gif

eamon dunphy on RTE pointed out that spain were once again a disgrace for not singing their national anthem. the berk.

best international team ever this? i'm a bit too young to have seen brazil 70 properly but this lot are something else.

eamon dunphy on RTE pointed out that spain were once again a disgrace for not singing their national anthem. the berk.

best international team ever this? i'm a bit too young to have seen brazil 70 properly but this lot are something else.

yes what a performance but i remember seeing spain vs wales ninian park cardiff fifties,spain had one of the greatest sides ever,what i remember players like,di stefano,gento,santa maria and suarez scoring a 40yd goal against jack kelsy in goal some memories never fade last nights will be another one.

Stunning. No cautious passing back and forth accross the park last night. Ive not seen them play long attacking through-balls like this all tournament.

Even an on-song Germany would have been blown away.

italy cannot complain even a brazilian team would have struggled and dont forget even before they went down to 10men it should have been 3-0 how none of the officials missed the hand ball.

Typical Dunphy. I have got fed up with the waffle on the RTE panel with Dunphy by far the greatest offender. I watched all the games on BBC or ITV.

Apparently there are no official lyrics for the Spanish Anthem. Even if there were its unlikely the Barca players would sing along and the Real players would not want to rock the boat. There is no obligation on a team to sing at any national anthem only to show respect by standing to attention.