Voa Starts 6/1/2012 At Yangon Airport

The latest news is that VOA (business, transit AND tourism) is now available flying into Yangon.

Can anyone confirm this? The unhelpful folks at AirAsia tell me to ask immigration. If i head to the

airport tomorrow, will they let me board a flight to Myanmar without a visa?

Myanmar introduces visa-on-arrival to facilitate foreigners' entry

....The visa-on-arrival is being issued in three categories to those visiting Myanmar on business, transit and as a tourist from 25 countries and one region, namely nine other ASEAN member countries, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Britain and the United States as well as Taiwan region.

Business visa will be allowed for 70 days by paying 50 US dollars, while tourist visa for 28 days with 40 US dollars and transit visa for 24 hours with 20 US dollars.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid/99/ID/712557/Myanmar-introduces-visa-on-arrival-to-facilitate-foreigners-entry.aspx

Apparently, nobody can confirm yet. If you arrive tomorrow, please post your experiences here.

I'll arrive in Yangon on the 10th, and I already have my visa. However (unless we get confirmations over here), I will also ask the immigrations officers upon arrival about Visa on Arrival.

The online visa is also overdue.

Single entry is fine. Does anybody have experience of multi entry?

You mean you just did a single-entry tourist visa on arrival? What documents did you bring and how long did it take?

I am looking for experience reports. Anybody else, please chip in too.

Apparently, nobody can confirm yet. If you arrive tomorrow, please post your experiences here.

that was just for example.....my flight is the first week of july with an 8-hour layover in bkk. very hard to get to one of the myanmar embassies in my part of china. i've been waiting on the new official pre-arranged site for months. if not confirmed by end of the week, i'll have to go with one of the agencies thatdo pre-arranged (expensive).

Single entry is fine. Does anybody have experience of multi entry?

You mean you just did a single-entry tourist visa on arrival? What documents did you bring and how long did it take?

I am looking for experience reports. Anybody else, please chip in too.

No Tom I didn't. I apologise for my poor grammar. I am wanting to find out if anybody has experience of Multi Entry Visas, tourist or business, obtained from Sathon or VOA.

sent an email to the myanmar embassy in DC. consular section replied:

"It is not allowed for tourist visa. It is for transit, business and Entry(meeting, workshops, events)."

now hoping the government site will be up soon.

http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm/

This topic is about visa on arrival. You posted a link to e-visa, which is a completely different thing (and off-topic in this thread).

Now I wonder about the question you asked the embassy.

this is about getting a visa on arrival in yangon from

6/01/2012 as reported in some papers. other papers stated it was for business visas.

confusing.

i contacted the embassy; they responded with the three types of visa available for

genuine visa on arrival (business, transit, entry). still no voa for tourists.

now if you're wanting to get to myanmar for tourism, and the embassy is impractical,

(and you're not on a few special flights -- siem riep, guangzhou), you need to get a pre-arranged visa on arrival. you either go with the agencies charging $70 ($20 for the

visa + $50 service fee),.....

..OR.....you can wait until the new government site (run by ministry of hotels and

tourism), which has been under construction for months, goes online. fees unknown.

• 4 weeks later...