Krabi FC Footballer Denies Sexually Assaulting American Student

webfact

Krabi FC footballer denies sexually assaulting American student

krabi.jpeg

The logo of the high-profile Krabi Football Club, of which the accused is a member.

PHUKET: -- A Krabi FC football player has denied allegations that he raped a 23-year-old American exchange student near Krabi Town, across Phang Nga Bay from Phuket, last Thursday night.

The man was arrested by Krabi City Police on Friday after they were notified of a woman being attacked at the tourist-popular Nopparat Thara Beach in Ao Nang.

The woman was taken to a local clinic for treatment of injuries to her face.

Police visited the clinic and found that the woman was still in a state of shock over the incident.

After giving police a detailed description of the man, the woman was sent to Krabi Hospital for an examination and further treatment.

“I was given orders not to reveal any information regarding the case. All I can say is that we held the [the man] for 24 hours, in accordance with the law, and then sent him to Krabi Provincial Court,” said Lt Col Amornrat Sudthigerd.

Although the alleged victim’s name and the name and nationality of the accused were included in the original reports in Thai media, the Phuket Gazette is withholding the names until the victim chooses to be publicly known or police formally press charges against the accused.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16114.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-06-05

Phuket update: Krabi footballer accused of sexual assault released on bail

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The professional footballer signed with Krabi FC who stands accused of raping an American exchange student has been released on bail, the Phuket Gazette has learned.

An officer at the Krabi Provincial Court confirmed that the man was presented to the court and released on bail, but the officer declined to give any further information.

“I was given orders not to reveal any information regarding the case. Previously he was held at the cells at the court. Police are now collecting evidence for their case,” said Lt Col Amornrat Sudthigerd of Krabi City Police.

The man has reportedly denied the allegation, which claims he raped a 23-year-old American exchange student at the tourist-popular Nopparat Thara Beach in Ao Nang on the night of May 31. He was arrested by Krabi City Police the next day.

The woman was taken to a local clinic for treatment of injuries to her face.

Police visited the clinic and found that the woman was still in a state of shock over the incident.

After giving police a detailed description of the man, the woman was sent to Krabi Hospital for an examination and further treatment.

“I was given orders not to reveal any information regarding the case. All I can say is that we held [the man] for 24 hours, in accordance with the law, and then sent him to Krabi Provincial Court,” said Col Amornrat.

Although the alleged victim’s name and the name and nationality of the accused were included in the original reports in Thai media, the Gazette is withholding the names until the victim chooses to be publicly known or police formally press charges against the accused.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16127.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-06-07