Kap Choeng Immigration Reopens

khwaibah

post-157194-0-17787200-1338864449_thumb.Kap Choeng Immigration has reopened as a full service immigration office for Surin and Buriram Provinces.

http://"KC Immigration" lat=14.4741434846, lon=103.595414118

KCI is hand processing all paper work as they wait on TOT. Their new phone number when activated will be

044559127-8, hopefully today.KCI is processing marriage and retirement extensions, Tourist visa extensions, re entry permit etc. KCI is also doing 90 day reports. They DO NOT accept reports by mail. If you desire you can still do your

90 day report at the Chong Chom border crossing. If you need confirmation on this you may call Korat Immigration at

04492903-4. If you need further information fell free to PM me.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not so good news.

Will there be any option to stay with the immigration office in Dan Kwian ? For us who live in the northernmost part of Buriram (Napho district) it is about 50 km longer to drive to Kap Chong and the road is much worse.sad.png

Edited by JanAndersLarsson

Not so good news.

Will there be any option to stay with the immigration office in Dan Kwian ? For us who live in the northernmost part of Buriram (Napho district) it is about 50 km longer to drive to Kap Chong and the road is much worse.sad.png

Understand your feelings. You can check with Korat but I'm positive what their answer will be. NO.

All residents of Buriram and Surin will have to use Kap Choeng.

The people of Nong Ki are not happy. They have a round trip of 140 to Dan Kwian. Double that to Kap Choeng.

Well now they know how we felt when they closed KC.

It is wrong though, you should be allowed to go to your nearest Imm office no matter which province you are in.

• Like 1

Can you imagine how much money this guys (and the rest of the country) are wasting ?

In the last five years or so, they moved about six times, only to end up right back where they started !!!

Twice

KC to TOT main office Khorat, to Assumption College, to Chok Chai x=roads, to Pottery Village, to KC.

And I've been to all of them.

I went to ChockChai immigration to renew my 90 day report yesterday 7/6/12 they processed it but told me as I live in the province of Buriram I must in future go to Kap Choeng. Wife not happy as she loved looking around the pottery village whiole I waited in queue. Thankfully the qhueue was at most times very short but I am happyas it will cut my distance by about half and save me money on more pottery

Anyone can give me directions for Kap Choeng immigration office.

I went to ChockChai immigration to renew my 90 day report yesterday 7/6/12 they processed it but told me as I live in the province of Buriram I must in future go to Kap Choeng. Wife not happy as she loved looking around the pottery village whiole I waited in queue. Thankfully the qhueue was at most times very short but I am happyas it will cut my distance by about half and save me money on more pottery

Anyone can give me directions for Kap Choeng immigration office.

Kap Choeng is on the 214 highway approximately 28 km south of Prasat on the way to the Chong Chome Border Crossing. Kap Choeng is a small community so you will not get lost. As you come into town you will see signs in Thai and English for KCI approximately 1 km from the first sign on your right is a very large 2m x 1m nice brown wooden sign on the highway saying Kap Choeng Immigration turn right and go about 70 meters you are there. Can not miss it. Oh when your finished go back out to the highway turn right and go about 9 km just visit the Chong Chom Market, keep the wife happy. If you need extra help feel free to pm me.

Edited by khwaibah

They must of moved around dam_n quick then. I did a ninety day report in Kap Cheong a few years ago. The next 90 day report was in Choc Chai, at x roads. Following that I went to the pottery village. Never been to assumption or TOT.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with all this. My first time at Immigration, as a Buriram resident, was in the Bangkok office. No regional options.

When Kap Cheong first opened it was a little pokey Police station. Often there would be Cambodians hand cuffed to the railings. Not the nicest place to be. All extensions were referred to Bangkok. Had to go back every 30 days to check,no telephones. One year I went back 7 months on the trot before my extension was approved.

I think we are now very lucky. No room to complain.

I don't want to start another round of complaints; the point is, how incredibly insensitive the higher ups are to their own people and to their customers; us.

The immigration officers, on site, are nice and helpful most of the time.

A simple rule to allow processing at your nearest station would alleviate 90% of the inconvenience, save an incredible amount of fuel & time and demonstrate some hard to find logic in LOS.

When Kap Cheong first opened it was a little pokey Police station. Often there would be Cambodians hand cuffed to the railings. Not the nicest place to be. All extensions were referred to Bangkok. Had to go back every 30 days to check,no telephones. One year I went back 7 months on the trot before my extension was approved.

Ahhhhhh ...... memories memories.

I agree, the situation is much better now.

Edited by Thaddeus

Just returned from th Kap Choeng Immigration Office. Their phone number is now working (044559278).

Their new fax number is (04455927). They had 6 officers on duty helping 4 foreigners. Info: They well convert a tourist visa to an O for marriage at Kap Choeng Immigration. Cost 1900 baht.

Just returned from th Kap Choeng Immigration Office. Their phone number is now working (044559278).

Their new fax number is (04455927). They had 6 officers on duty helping 4 foreigners. Info: They well convert a tourist visa to an O for marriage at Kap Choeng Immigration. Cost 1900 baht.

Good to see them Forging forward biggrin.png

They must of moved around dam_n quick then. I did a ninety day report in Kap Cheong a few years ago. The next 90 day report was in Choc Chai, at x roads. Following that I went to the pottery village. Never been to assumption or TOT.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with all this. My first time at Immigration, as a Buriram resident, was in the Bangkok office. No regional options.

I think we are now very lucky. No room to complain.

It used to be the same even in Chiangmai, back every month until they got approval from Bangkok (I was on a Work permit then). One guy came back month after month for a whole year... when they told him to start again!

For local information from Kap Cheong, go to M & D Coffee Shop 600 m. down the road towards the border (see, boloa, he doesn't have to do it for himself!). Nice cup of coffee, too.

Made my trip to kap choeng yesterday for my first marriage extension... Everything went smoothly and the staff in there where very nice... back in 30 days to pick my extension up hopefully

I have found the staff in KCI nothing but helpful and friendly since the reopening. If everything was in order and I'm sure it was your marriage extension could be ready early. Give them a call in about 3 weeks and ask. If it is you can get it early, I did. Their phone number is in post 18..

I was in Cap Choeng last week for my one year extension. Very friendly staff, and my documents ok, but they gave me only one month, so I have to go back one more time in July.

This never happend to me in Migration in Korat.

I was in Cap Choeng last week for my one year extension. Very friendly staff, and my documents ok, but they gave me only one month, so I have to go back one more time in July.

This never happend to me in Migration in Korat.

Is your extension based on marriage or retirement?

Ahhhhhh ...... memories memories.

I agree, the situation is much better now.

One time I was there one of the guys caught a snake out the back and brought it inside in a sack. I've never seen so many female immigration officers jump onto desks at once, accompanied by raucous laughter from the males. Come to think of it, apart from then, I've never seen any immigration officer jump onto a desk.

The number is 044559127 or 044559128