Danish Man Found Dead On Krabi Beach

webfact

So this apparently all took place on Phi Phi island? That is where Ton Sai Beach is.

Ton Sai is right next to Railey Beach near Ao Nang -- not on Phi Phi island.

Ton Sai Bay is Phi Phi Don location of main pier and PHi Phi Village. Ton Sai Beach is over near Railey. Both are in Krabi Province.... ;)

• Like 1

Beach + Farang + protection money... Can't help myself and think about Rusians

Really, you can not help? can you help yourself to think its Thailand and its the localsrolleyes.gif

Being Thailand, the locals are referred to as "Thais", not "farangs". Being southern Thai islands, anyone who has been there for more than a month or 2 would know that farang gangs usually means Russians. But I did hear that Scandinavian bikers are finding a niché tongue.png Gang war anyone??

Edited by Nomadd

Really, you can not help? can you help yourself to think its Thailand and its the localsrolleyes.gif

Yea ok so I can think about everything but:

"..Dane was beaten by other foreigners..."

local farang? lol

Being Thailand, the locals are referred to as "Thais", not "farangs". Being southern Thai islands, anyone who has been there for more than a month or 2 would know that farang gangs usually means Russians. But I did hear that Scandinavian bikers are finding a niché tongue.png Gang war anyone??

Right! And then it would make sense to get on top of a Danish as a start as a Scandinavian gang.

Well local farangs thats for sure (haha).

This appears to be a case of a native taking out the competition. They killed a a chinese gold store owner here because he was dominating the market. No investigation. Everyone but the police knew who did the murder.

Uh huh.....my first thought too....this guy went against every survival rule for foreigners in Thailand...NEVER EVER open a beer bar and compete against the "mafia". Then he got involved in smuggling...another no no...then he dated a ladyboy...another no no....this mixture was a death sentence for sure. My guess is the russians were extorting protection money from him, he refused and the ladyboy was in on it to get his/her cut of the money....greed and lust...welcome to Thailand...gets more dangerous here everydaycoffee1.gif the ladyboy already sold the rubies, gave the hitmen their cut and pocketed the rest. Survival rule #1...never marry a polititions daughterwink.png

You can all forget your ideas about the russians there are no Russians or Russian mafia in ao nang

They are starting to come next year with direct flight Moscow to krabi so I have Been told

You obviously haven't been in the Krabi area very long...next you will say there are no Russians or mafia in Phuket too huh? Nice tryclap2.gif

• Like 1

I can tell you that farangs are being murdered wholesale in Thailand, year by year.

The advice from the beetlejuice vaults of knowledge and wisdom is:

Keep your head down, keep a low profile, abide by the laws and If you want to live long and prosper in Thailand, than don`t get involved.

You can all forget your ideas about the russians there are no Russians or Russian mafia in ao nang

They are starting to come next year with direct flight Moscow to krabi so I have Been told

You obviously haven't been in the Krabi area very long...next you will say there are no Russians or mafia in Phuket too huh? Nice tryclap2.gif

Oh yes silly me only lived there for 7 years and run a beach resort for 5 funny how no-one has tried to extort anything from me.

I will re phrase it just for you a few Russian tourists have started to come in the last couple of years there is certainly no Russianmafia in the area

And yes I just came back from Phuket today karon beach probably 90% Russian tourists ,Russian signs every where loads of menus in Russian ,completely different from ao nang where the high percent of tourists are scandanavians

I was living in Phuket when about 3 or 4 farang were knocked off. It doesn't take many baht for someone from the sticks to do it and disappear back there.

Probably one of the few times you'll see Thai's wearing crash helmets on bikes. smile.png

I'm just looking up the cost of flights to greenland. <Queue song: Ruby, ruby, ruby, ruby!>

[media=]

[/media] Edited by jackinbkk

What exactly does "I hope the Thai authorities are working on it" mean? How many murders get solved in LOS? The forensic capability is comparable to Ghana 20 years ago, according to well trained British experts who have worked with the Thai police. There is little to no money being spent on improving police skill, expertise, specialized equipment, etc. I think the police here are either so demoralized by the lack of support from the exceptionally weak and feeble form of central government, or they do not care, unless cash is involved. Either way, to expect that the Thai police will solve a crime, is a bit like expecting Santa Claus to visit, or like Thailand getting a shipment of wild salmon, or reasonably priced goat cheese.

my thoughts as well. the news didn't even break in the Thai press, but instead came from Denmark (my birthplace, though I'm an American). Thai investigators won't do any sleuthing unless paid handsomely, and even then, their prowess is questionable.

Also: am glad I do biz in northernmost Thailand. There aren't any mafia 'protection' rackets here.

Plus: I've met several groups of Russians here (who've come to enjoy my climbing park venue), and all are fine folks. From the comments here, it would appear all Russkies are bottom feeders. Perhaps the dross drifts down to southern Thailand, and the decent folks wind up exploring northern parts. Same could be said for other nationalities.

I'm with you taninthai, where did these Clouseau's get Russians involved in this?

Me thinks Colonel Mustard with the candelabra at the reggae bar............

What exactly does "I hope the Thai authorities are working on it" mean? How many murders get solved in LOS? The forensic capability is comparable to Ghana 20 years ago, according to well trained British experts who have worked with the Thai police. There is little to no money being spent on improving police skill, expertise, specialized equipment, etc. I think the police here are either so demoralized by the lack of support from the exceptionally weak and feeble form of central government, or they do not care, unless cash is involved. Either way, to expect that the Thai police will solve a crime, is a bit like expecting Santa Claus to visit, or like Thailand getting a shipment of wild salmon, or reasonably priced goat cheese.

my thoughts as well. the news didn't even break in the Thai press, but instead came from Denmark (my birthplace, though I'm an American). Thai investigators won't do any sleuthing unless paid handsomely, and even then, their prowess is questionable.

Also: am glad I do biz in northernmost Thailand. There aren't any mafia 'protection' rackets here.

Plus: I've met several groups of Russians here (who've come to enjoy my climbing park venue), and all are fine folks. From the comments here, it would appear all Russkies are bottom feeders. Perhaps the dross drifts down to southern Thailand, and the decent folks wind up exploring northern parts. Same could be said for other nationalities.

I believe you may be right. There are a lot of very refined, well educated, smart, and kind Russians I am sure. But, Thailand tends to attract a lot of their oil and mineral workers, and they are a roughneck crowd. Little refinement, but making very good money, means what? A rough, crude, rude, unsmiling crowd of folks, that I tend to run into mostly in Pattaya. I am told there are a lot in Phuket. I see them in Samui only in the winter months. Not a pretty picture. But, over the years I have met some very impressive Russians. Certainly, Putin, and his mafia ilk are not included. But, others can be kind.

Oh yes silly me only lived there for 7 years and run a beach resort for 5 funny how no-one has tried to extort anything from me.

I will re phrase it just for you a few Russian tourists have started to come in the last couple of years there is certainly no Russianmafia in the area

And yes I just came back from Phuket today karon beach probably 90% Russian tourists ,Russian signs every where loads of menus in Russian ,completely different from ao nang where the high percent of tourists are scandanavians

Just returned from Phuket yesterday. Kata = 90% Russian tourists. Russian signs everywhere. Patong = couldn't say percentage -wise but mostly Russian and Pakistani tourists. The bad news = Russians are also arriving in Nai Yang like crazy. Too bad. I liked Nai Yang but will NEVER go to Phuket again!

Just returned from Phuket yesterday. Kata = 90% Russian tourists. Russian signs everywhere. Patong = couldn't say percentage -wise but mostly Russian and Pakistani tourists. The bad news = Russians are also arriving in Nai Yang like crazy. Too bad. I liked Nai Yang but will NEVER go to Phuket again!

Get over it. Without the Russian and Chinese tourists this time of year we would have no business at all.

Also, get off the anti-Russian rants, it's a big country, painting the whole nation with one brush doesn't make you look very bright.

Muscovites are basically Europeans, well travelled, mostly well mannered. Cheap charters from country areas, package tourists o.k., can be a bit rough around the edges, but the same can be said for many countries including Australia and the U.S.

• Like 1