The Polo Club

sego

There's a Polo Club to the east of Pattaya, just down the road from Horseshoe Point. It's not too busy unless they have a special match on, in which case you may have to make a booking. The food's not up to much, not a big menu and you would be advised to bring your own drinks as with few customers the house wine tends to go off a little in the sun. Dress code is casual unless as previously stated there's a special match in which case there's a colour coded system. Just make sure your feet are properly shod and you bring your own brush and shovel for cleaning up after you've finished. :o:D

Thanks for your answer.

It sounds like a place I am comfortable in :o

I will give it a try next time I go to Pattaya.

Actually I was looking for information about the Bangkok Polo club but I wasn't precise about it.

Still no clue about it?

The Polo Club is a Members Only Sports Club – a subsidiary of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club.

Payment for food etc. is via Club Credit Card – not cash, so Guests must be accompanied by a Member and are only admitted for Lunch and Dinner (i.e. they cannot use the Sports facilities unless special arrangements have been made.)

Since you have Posted in the “Food” Forum I guess that is your main interest; there is an air conditioned Bar and a Dining Room which serves lunch and dinner. Thai and Western food to a standard equivalent to, perhaps, a 5 Star hotel, a small Wine List, nothing special. The Dress Code is Smart Casual – definitely no sports wear etc..

There is also a small Poolside snack type place, very casual, which serves food all day – run by the local chain See Fah – so again nothing special at all.

People tend to be in the upper middle-class segment of society, some friendly, some snobbish, and perhaps more Chinese/Thai "new money" than the membership of the older and more prestigeous RBSC who tend to be much more relaxed and open.

The Club is somewhat hard to find - at the end of Soi Polo, just before Lumpini Police Station on Wireless Road

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Thanks for the answer, Patrick.

I went to the Polo Club on sunday night. It is exactly as you describe it.

I have been a bit disapointed with the bar. I expected something more cosy.

Didn't have dinner there, so I can't comment the food.

I haven't found in love with the place, at first sight. I don't think if it's the kind of a place I would be comfortable in.