Manchester United

redrus

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good discussion worth watching (bear in mind the tasty SA lass is a liverpool fan); Telegraphs jason burt makes some good points.

Still watching reaction from the derby a couple of weeks ago ???? Not that I blame you... but more recent football debate shows are available. 

21 hours ago, nev said:

What I believe is happening is Mourinio is walking a tightrope,his days are numbered the board is waiting until it is mathematically impossible for us to get top four, Then he can be sacked without a pay off, Sack him now it will cost big bucks.

Imho I think Mourinio knows this and is upsetting the players, playing players that aren't good enough ahead of others,and trying to force the board to sack him so he can walk away with a big fat paycheck.

He can them move on the the next club blah blah blahing about not being back in the transfer market ect.

21 hours ago, nev said:

What I believe is happening is Mourinio is walking a tightrope,his days are numbered the board is waiting until it is mathematically impossible for us to get top four, Then he can be sacked without a pay off, Sack him now it will cost big bucks.

Imho I think Mourinio knows this and is upsetting the players, playing players that aren't good enough ahead of others,and trying to force the board to sack him so he can walk away with a big fat paycheck.

He can them move on the the next club blah blah blahing about not being back in the transfer market ect.

He does appear to be orchestrating another "Chelsea situation."  But as you say, why shell out the big bucks and its hardly the best time to be looking for a new manager, a caretaker being the only viable option.  He knows he's gone, practically everyone knows he's gone, and frankly, how many United fans really want to pay large sums of hard earnt cash to watch his archaic brand of sh*te football?

My inner self is telling me that Mourinho and Pogba are both engineering, in their seperate methods ways of leaving the club.

Many of us that have been with the club through good and bad times,50 yrs for me,never wanted Mourinho in the first place it was always a Woodward /Board decision, or coup in their minds. David Gill, Sir Bobby and SAF never wanted it but were powerless.

To watch Pogba put on such a pathetic, dont care, performance was probably the end for most of us,should be ashamed of himself

Mourinho will never IMO get another job in England with his track record, not his winning record but behavior, ego,he's totally toxic.

Perhaps the Portugal job will be his final hurrah.I think if United was out of the CL it might have fast forwarded him leaving.

Big bucks are not a problem for United,correct decisons at board level are

Sundays game was the clincher I could hardly believe the line up.No Dalot the perfect game for him.No Fred, who has played only 6 games since he arrived to provide a bit of Brazillian energy. Fellaini is purely an impact player off the bench but starts ? Martial, our leading goal scorer on the bench ? Mc Tominay asked to do a job he is not capable of, where were Valencia, Darmian ?

Ironically its Hugher who has got the sack

Injuries are mounting up and frankly after watching last nights games United are simple not capable of matching the pace and fluidity of the top sides ,simple passing and not constantly giving the ball away seems beyond them . A minus goal difference says it all, totally depressing.

Options for a new manager are not encouraging. A former team mate thought Benitez,another Blanc,surely not Zidane.Oh SAF how we miss you.

My inner self is telling me that Mourinho and Pogba are both engineering, in their seperate methods ways of leaving the club.

Many of us that have been with the club through good and bad times,50 yrs for me,never wanted Mourinho in the first place it was always a Woodward /Board decision, or coup in their minds. David Gill, Sir Bobby and SAF never wanted it but were powerless.

To watch Pogba put on such a pathetic, dont care, performance was probably the end for most of us,should be ashamed of himself

Mourinho will never IMO get another job in England with his track record, not his winning record but behavior, ego,he's totally toxic.

Perhaps the Portugal job will be his final hurrah.I think if United was out of the CL it might have fast forwarded him leaving.

Sundays game was the clincher I could hardly believe the line up.No Dalot the perfect game for him.No Fred, who has played only 6 games since he arrived to provide a bit of Brazillian energy. Fellaini is purely an impact player off the bench but starts ? Martial, our leading goal scorer on the bench ? Mc Tominay asked to do a job he is not capable of, where were Valencia, Darmian ?

Injuries are mounting up and frankly after watching last nights games United are simple not capable of matching the pace and fluidity of the top sides ,simple passing and not constantly giving the ball away seems beyond them . A minus goal difference says it all, totally depressing.

Options for a new manager are not encouraging. A former team mate thought Benitez,another Blanc,surely not Zidane.Oh SAF how we miss you.

There is a clear disconnect between him and the manager - who to blame more, I'm not sure. What's frustrating is that he really could take us up a couple of levels if he starts playing to his potential. 

On Saturday it really was pathetic. At one point he lost the ball in a very dangerous area for us, and his first reaction was to make a show of frustration, looking in a completely different direction from the play, instead of to win it back.

Just get the feeling that Fergie would have sat him down by now and read the riot act. It doesn't help that there are no Keanes or Scholes's in that midfield for him to look up to, or to give him a bollocking. Maybe this is where Carrick has to earn his money.

I have no problem with media reports criticising Pog's performances, and Jose could actually motivate him by showing him these. But as Jose is constantly confronting the media he would look hypocritical if he did so.

Archived