Punishment For Rapists To Be Stiffened

Jai Dee

PUNISHMENTS FOR RAPISTS WILL BE STIFFENED

Minister of Social Development and Human Security Wattana Muangsook (วัฒนา เมืองสุข) proposed to increase punishments in rape cases, while preparing to issue regulations prohibiting television programs from displaying anything that can be considered sexual arousals.

Mr. Wattana said that since the New Year’s day, rape cases involving Thai and foreign girls have occurred everyday. He said that the rapists are mostly teenagers. He said that the Ministry is preparing to increase punishments for the rapists, especially in cases involving incest raping. He said that the penalties will be increased by 2-3 times, adding that the maximum punishment may be capital punishment. He said that the Justice Ministry is deliberating on the proposals.

Mr. Wattana said that alcohol and other sexual arousals are the main cause of sexual crimes. He said that movies and TV programs play an important role in the children’s emotional education.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 06 January 2006

PUNISHMENTS FOR RAPISTS WILL BE STIFFENED

Minister of Social Development and Human Security Wattana Muangsook (วัฒนา เมืองสุข) proposed to increase punishments in rape cases, while preparing to issue regulations prohibiting television programs from displaying anything that can be considered sexual arousals.

Mr. Wattana said that since the New Year’s day, rape cases involving Thai and foreign girls have occurred everyday. He said that the rapists are mostly teenagers. He said that the Ministry is preparing to increase punishments for the rapists, especially in cases involving incest raping. He said that the penalties will be increased by 2-3 times, adding that the maximum punishment may be capital punishment. He said that the Justice Ministry is deliberating on the proposals.

Mr. Wattana said that alcohol and other sexual arousals are the main cause of sexual crimes. He said that movies and TV programs play an important role in the children’s emotional education.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 06 January 2006

what they going to do? same as smoking and block out scantily clad females??

another stupid idea !! :o

They could have choosen a better word. :o

What is the current penalty for rape?

In the UK it is life, and it would he difficult to increase that.

With the easy availability of brothels and prostitutes I would not have expected rape

to be a big problem in Thailand?

With the easy availability of brothels and prostitutes I would not have expected rape

Rape is a big problem wherever it occurs.

How often is the maximum penalty given for anything in the UK? A relatively non violent rape attracts what, 4-6 years inside? More if it's violent.

Rape is huge problem in Thailand, and while I think the death sentence is probably not appropiate, I'm all in favour of very long custodial sentences, the trouble is like in most places most rapes don't get reported and those that do are a rarely prosecuted successfully

God, do these people ever think before they open their mouths. I have absolutely no problem in increasing the length of time served for rape, however, rape is an act of violence, it is not a sexual act per se.

Rapists are seldom sexually "deprived" people who have been without sex for a long period of time, in fact in many cases they have engaged in consensual sex within 24 hrs of the rape. These people are not "aroused" by scantily dressed women or suggestive behavior. Their issue and objective is to dominate, punish and control another human being in a violent manner.

If you think of it, it will make sense. What kind of a turn on would it be to try and have sex with somebody who is fighting for life, kicking and screaming, biting and all the other things that go on in such a struggle. Most men could not get or maintain an erection under such conditions.

I am talking about rape in the generally understood sense of the term, not necessarily the legalistic term which includes statutory rape with someone who may be less than a prescribed age (which varies from country to country).