From Udon To Downtown: How Much ?

AsiaWolfie

How much will be the transport from Udon airport to Downtown ? I know from my last stays, that there are actually no real Taxis in Udon, but which transport will be provided there ? Certainly a bunch of TukTuk drivers will wait for the arriving passengers, and probably some Sawngthaews as well. or any limousine service offered at a fixed rate ? any advice would help me not beiung overcharged, thanks....

• 4 weeks later...

if you stay at thomas resort, or most other hotels, they do provide transport to/from airport free of charge. you could also consider renting a vehicle from stevesudon.com he will come to the airport to drop/collect the vehicle and is very low priced.

with regards to being overcharged....... talking pennies really!!

Edited by frankthetank

if you stay at thomas resort, or most other hotels, they do provide transport to/from airport free of charge. you could also consider renting a vehicle from stevesudon.com he will come to the airport to drop/collect the vehicle and is very low priced.

with regards to being overcharged....... talking pennies really!!

Well it should probably be around a 100 Baht for a tuk tuk, but they will ask for more. They hang out at the airport as they can generally get better fares. If they argue fuel costs in all fairness that is not a con anymore they are sky high compared to what they used to be.

I would go up to 150, but I'm easy, got to barter this is Asia

okay wanna give an update on that for future Udon visitors.... I stayed at ERWIN's Bungalow, and when I called him and asked about the transport, he indeed sent his driver to the airport to pick me up for free (didnt know that from my last stay there as at that earlier time I went there by car, not by air) and the driver was happy to get a 50 BT tip. few days later, returning from charming Laos, and arriving at Udon bus-station, I avoided the hords of TukTuk drivers waiting (in a well-organized queue, though !) in front of the bus, went to the main road and flagged down a TukTuk, which, after some friendly bargaining, eventually agreed to a fare of 80 Baht to airport (we were 2 persons actually)