House Or Condo To Rent In The City

Nikki321

Does anyone know of anywhere decent to rent in the city? Would be for about 6 months while we have our house built. A house or apartment would be fine, ideally with some kitchen facilities. Not more than 15000 a month, preferably less! Thanks for any suggestions (have not have any luck in the internet so far!) Nikki

• Like 1

So maybe that is why visiting our sleepy little sub forum is like a visit to the morgue these days. Those who can string together more than three words have broken away and started something new rather than fixing the old. Interesting happenings in Chiang Rai.whistling.gif

While I am at it what is it with all the “Lurkers” at the bottom of the page? There seems to be a rather large number of readers who peruse these pages on a daily basis but who never have anything to contribute. Asking questions is only part of the equation. Somebody needs to contribute answers as well. It is also nice just to share something you like or dislike about Chiang Rai from time to time.

If you don’t have any questions why not just say hello.biggrin.png

So maybe that is why visiting our sleepy little sub forum is like a visit to the morgue these days. Those who can string together more than three words have broken away and started something new rather than fixing the old. Interesting happenings in Chiang Rai.whistling.gif

While I am at it what is it with all the “Lurkers” at the bottom of the page? There seems to be a rather large number of readers who peruse these pages on a daily basis but who never have anything to contribute. Asking questions is only part of the equation. Somebody needs to contribute answers as well. It is also nice just to share something you like or dislike about Chiang Rai from time to time.

I take it that your invitation was lost in the post as well? cool.png

• Like 1

It does appear to be a rather select group and apparently we don’t measure up. Some people only want to play with those who tell them how wonderful they are and don’t challenge them to try harder. Anyway, good luck to Robin Hood and his tiny band of men.

It does appear to be a rather select group and apparently we don’t measure up. Some people only want to play with those who tell them how wonderful they are and don’t challenge them to try harder. Anyway, good luck to Robin Hood and his tiny band of men.

Great news, thought for a minute you were joining them.

There's enough snide remarks and rebuff here without taking it elsewhere.

• Like 1

Great news, thought for a minute you were joining them.

There's enough snide remarks and rebuff here without taking it elsewhere.

And what pray tell is this?tongue.pnglaugh.png

Thanks everyone for suggestions and pm's. Looks like we have found somewhere and will be moving out of mother in laws finally!!! It's near where we plan to build our own place so once that gets started we can keep an eye on what's going on....

• Like 1

You can often tell who has not been allowed into the 'clubhouse'. He will often be the one shouting insults and flinging rocks -- and stamping his feet?.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for suggestions and pm's. Looks like we have found somewhere and will be moving out of mother in laws finally!!! It's near where we plan to build our own place so once that gets started we can keep an eye on what's going on....

Happy that you got sorted.

You can often tell who has not been allowed into the 'clubhouse'. He will often be the one shouting insults and flinging rocks -- and stamping his feet?.

An example of self-flagellation?tongue.pnglaugh.png

You see, things have a way of working out given a little time. Nothing against the in laws but it is alway nice to have your own place so you can run your household to your own liking. Good luck with the build once that starts. It will test your patience but it is worth it in the end.thumbsup.gif

Don't forget the Hash this saturday Nikki321. I believe we will have access to a swimming pool after the Walk in a recently built property (trying to keep it on topic) should be a nice afternoon out. a big cross section of Society too. Several of the regulars rent properties and have recently built houses so can give you some tips. We maybe subject to a farang or two wearing Speedo's , but thats just about the worse that can happen at our Family friendly Hash smile.png

Both VF and Sceadugenda have been known to attend although very infrequently, and ofcourse they are always welcome wink.png

Oh and your Mother-in-Law is welcome too whistling.gif

Says Me ! ...... It would be nice (quite a Talking point) to see you at the Hash. your always welcome . Its the truth whistling.gif

I've lost count of the number of times people have pointed towards Scorpio196something and asked is that VF smile.png

Edited by jubby

As I have surely stated before, the Hash and the Potluck are great networking venues for new folks. Even if you only go once or twice it will give you a better idea of who is out and about.

Both venues have a relatively small core, so once you have attended, there is not much reason to continue unless you actually enjoy the activity itself. Exchange phone numbers with those you would like to know better and leave it at that.

I have made a few longterm friends through the Hash but they tend to have a love/hate relationship with the Hash at best. Once you hit a critical mass of acquaintances in Chiang Rai, it becomes much easier as you meet friends of friends and things progress naturally.

With the advent of Central Plaza or what I like to refer to as the Mall, meeting people has gotten much easier.

interesting observation as usual VF, but one I don't share which I'm sure will come as a great surprise.smile.png

I don't go to the hash as much as I would like, but when I do there are always people I haven't met before. I'm not very approachable unlike yourself and I'm not actually looking for new friends when I go there which will seem illogical to a Vulcan like yourself, just a few laughs with old friends and dare I say a bit of excercise. whistling.gif The Kids do enjoy meeting other Kids though. there are some genuinely nice people who attend.

You mentioned Central, is that you VF at central thrusting Business cards into people's hands or are you more subtle with your attempt to reach critical mass ?sad.png

Edited by jubby

All my thrusting is limited to one exclusive venue, beg your pardon.tongue.pngwhistling.gif

I feel the Hash and Potluck are better suited to townies who would like to get out and see the countryside and do something they might not otherwise do. For me it is more convenient to partake of the hiking and mountain biking trails that begin at my own front door. No need for a drive of more than 150 km and returning home after dark.smile.png

As for people mistaking Scorpio for me, it would take at least two of him to make one of me.wink.pnglaugh.png

I am newbie here. What is Hash and Potluck?

Being persona non grata, I am perhaps not the best one to answer your question. We do have two long running threads that cover these two topics. The Potluck thread even has pictures. Hash House Harriers pictures are only to be found on their Chiang Rai website.

All my thrusting is limited to one exclusive venue, beg your pardon.tongue.pngwhistling.gif

I feel the Hash and Potluck are better suited to townies who would like to get out and see the countryside and do something they might not otherwise do. For me it is more convenient to partake of the hiking and mountain biking trails that begin at my own front door. No need for a drive of more than 150 km and returning home after dark.smile.png

As for people mistaking Scorpio for me, it would take at least two of him to make one of me.wink.pnglaugh.png

one and a half