EURO 2012: NBTC Slaps Fine On TrueVisions

webfact

True upgraded us from Gold to Platinum

Now my wife discovered that with Platinum we can see a program called "BBC Lifestyle" with cooking ...and cooking....non stop.

For me it is good-bye to any other True Channel and trying to find a pub biggrin.png

true visions, ubctv, same company same people different name! they had tan network on but replaced it with a free cartoon program! when I asked why they said that license expired! we are paying far to much for all the trash that is on this company! but until they have competition nothing will change! and as far as fine is concerned? how much and when? I'll believe it when I see it! the monthly prmiums are far to much for the service provided.

• Like 1

Couldn't have happened to a nicer company. Thrilled that finally True Corp is getting some bad press and this only helps GMM in free publicity for their own services. I have slowly removed all my True services. From 4 I am now down to 1. I give my business to companies that know the customer deserves to be respected.

Now, if anyone here who is threatening to move from TrueVisions to another provider does so successfully, please let us know how you get on. I will follow you and then my life will finally be free of True. Period.

I am just waiting for the day that true/ubc gets good competition! I will be the first to change in a heart beat! they are holding us hostage with all the meanenless programs on now, they have six, six cartoon channels on and two english language "NEWS" channels, boith from europe and Hong Kong with a few direct feeds from england and rthe US. AND everytime they put something new on we pay, (alacart, HD, etc) and HD does not look like the HD programns I have watched in Japan or Taiwan!
  • Like 1

"What if you've already got the Platinum package and all the a-la-carte add on channels..?? Paying the most amount possible every month to True and get <deleted> all back during this "free" giveaway..!!"

You could remind them you are a Platinum "Plus" subscriber and demand compensation...

good luck! all they do is take, never give! called to complain a few years ago and was told "majority rules" what ever that means!

I hear people with sattelite dishes (one-off payment with no monthly fees) can't watch the Euros either (on the free thai channels).

Is that True Visions' fault or is it GMM's?

That is something I don't understand. Our apartments have one of those dishes you mention. On the first day of the Euros, we turned telly on, selected channel 3 to watch the game. All we got was a notice on the sreen, in Thai saying that we could not recieve the broardcast. so changed channels until we got a picture of sorts, I took the ariel out, stuck a screwdriver in the ariel socket, almost perfect picture. Next day bought an Indoor ariel for 200bt perfect picture.

What I don't understand is if the Euros are on free to air. Why can't we watch it in the normal way? Dish/ Ariel (<deleted>)

Still after tonight, me thinks it would be better not to be able to see it? COME ON england. thumbsup.gif

jb1

good on ya !! englands going down !! they lost the rugby & the cricket and now the football !! whistling.gif

what cricket did we lose ??

the ashes ... 2006 ermm.gif

I hear people with sattelite dishes (one-off payment with no monthly fees) can't watch the Euros either (on the free thai channels).

Is that True Visions' fault or is it GMM's?

GMM bought the rights for the euro2012 and shares with channel 3,5 and 7 under the condion that sat signal will be encrypted.They paid 400million bt,so why they should they share with everybody?Whats the point of spending a lot of money for the broadcast rights if everybody can broadcast or watch for free?

GMM offered the rights to True, at an appropriate cost. True, in true Thai style, said they didn't need to pay and that they could re-broadcast the matches anyway. That p***ed GMM off, so they informed True that they would block the signal.

Now we have True crying "foul" at the GMM decision, which was based purely on True's total arrogance. The fine that true ought be paying is THB 200,000 per day; they could take that from the deposits that they never returned to millions of former subscribers, like me! That might just teach them to change their stance in future.

</quote>Soi Cowboy is a great place to watch-also loads of places around with Astro feeds and if you are tech savvy then an IP cloaker with a Russian HD sopcast feed and BBC 5 live streaming in the background with virtual cable and radio delay to sync the feed</quote>

Jeez, what a load of tosh. All that just to avoid a bit of Thai commentary..!

Grow a pair.

All these peeps threatening to cancel True, do keep us all updated with how you're getting on watching the Thai soaps all day!

Edited by CockneyGit
  • Like 1

"What if you've already got the Platinum package and all the a-la-carte add on channels..?? Paying the most amount possible every month to True and get &lt;deleted&gt; all back during this "free" giveaway..!!"

You could remind them you are a Platinum "Plus" subscriber and demand compensation...

good luck! all they do is take, never give! called to complain a few years ago and was told "majority rules" what ever that means!

Well if the majority don't rule, who should? You?

True are a business catering to mainly Thai customers. Thais quite like cartoons!

I totally agree they need competition, although nothing Grammy has would tempt me to change yet. The EPL rights will be the big one for me.

Well I read a recent article in a certain major English language newspaper that interviewed a True exec. He said True couldnt give a stuff if they got next year's EPL rights as "our subsrcibers will stay loyal". Thats the level of delusion/arrogance we are dealing with. The mass exodus over euro 2012 would be nothing compared to the blow to True if it lost the EPL.

</quote>Soi Cowboy is a great place to watch-also loads of places around with Astro feeds and if you are tech savvy then an IP cloaker with a Russian HD sopcast feed and BBC 5 live streaming in the background with virtual cable and radio delay to sync the feed</quote>

Jeez, what a load of tosh. All that just to avoid a bit of Thai commentary..!

Grow a pair.

All these peeps threatening to cancel True, do keep us all updated with how you're getting on watching the Thai soaps all day!

Talking about Euro 2012 on the my thread. I have full platinum HD service and I am very happy thank you. I also have a 100 megabit internet connection and watch BBC in full HD at will. My pair is large enough to figure out ways around most things in Thailand. That is the fun of living here. You shouldn't cut excerpts from threads and then apply a totally different meaning to it. But then you are a cockney git so you are forgiven.

Edited by colind88

I'm certainly not a big fan of True but if they don't have legal access to the programmes, how can they re-broadcast them?

The NBTC ordering True to broadcast the games, seemingly illegally, reminds me of King Canute ordering back the waves.

True should have paid for the access but they refused. They were hoping that the NBTC would "allow" them to show the EURO 12 fro free.

True makes HUGE profits and was not willing to share some cost with others in order for us to have a working TV.

True made a mistake and they will have to pay for it.

Talking about HUGE profits: do you think Thaksin has a hand in TRUE?

Little history story: once upon a time (1984) I was renting a room in a 7-storey apartment block in Dusit district, Bangkok. A youngThai businessman (who apparently owned the apartment block) was in the process of setting up a fledgling cable TV business called IBC - they had their office on the ground floor. I used to regularly see a few farang technicians walking in and out the place, carrying technical equipment.

When the company had it's soft opening that year the businessman held a party on the rooftop and invited all the tenants along in, addition to the company employees. Nice chap (it seemd)! I was one of the few farangs in attendance. My wife remembers the businessman introducing himself and telling one of his aides - "make sure the farang has plenty of beer; farangs like to drink lots of beer, you know". This much is true (just not True).

Later he merged (bought out?) another fledgling cable company that was attempting to start up in Bangkok called UTV and the new company became UBC. Later they sold out to the parent company of what has now become True.

Did I forget to mention the business-man's name? Oh yes; Taksin Shinawatra. This was before he entered politics and gained the notoriety that he has today. The rest, as they say, is history!

I'm certainly not a big fan of True but if they don't have legal access to the programmes, how can they re-broadcast them?

The NBTC ordering True to broadcast the games, seemingly illegally, reminds me of King Canute ordering back the waves.

True should have paid for the access but they refused. They were hoping that the NBTC would "allow" them to show the EURO 12 fro free.

True makes HUGE profits and was not willing to share some cost with others in order for us to have a working TV.

True made a mistake and they will have to pay for it.

Talking about HUGE profits: do you think Thaksin has a hand in TRUE?

Little history story: once upon a time (1984) I was renting a room in a 7-storey apartment block in Dusit district, Bangkok. A youngThai businessman (who apparently owned the apartment block) was in the process of setting up a fledgling cable TV business called IBC - they had their office on the ground floor. I used to regularly see a few farang technicians walking in and out the place, carrying technical equipment.

When the company had it's soft opening that year the businessman held a party on the rooftop and invited all the tenants along in, addition to the company employees. Nice chap (it seemd)! I was one of the few farangs in attendance. My wife remembers the businessman introducing himself and telling one of his aides - "make sure the farang has plenty of beer; farangs like to drink lots of beer, you know". This much is true (just not True).

Later he merged (bought out?) another fledgling cable company that was attempting to start up in Bangkok called UTV and the new company became UBC. Later they sold out to the parent company of what has now become True.

Did I forget to mention the business-man's name? Oh yes; Taksin Shinawatra. This was before he entered politics and gained the notoriety that he has today. The rest, as they say, is history!

Thanks for that interesting history, could well be almost human. :rolleyes:

UPDATE:

Urgent!! GMM presents UEFA letter at the press con, denying TrueVisions to rebroadcast the #Euro2012. via @Pat_ThaiPBS

Well that's news to ruin my day completely. I was foolishly hoping it would be resolved favourably.

A month free of subscription fees might make up for it a little....but I'm not holding my breath that'll happen.

angry.png

I'm a Platinum subscriber since many years and I also subscribe to all a la carte channels. Today it was time to go and pay the bill and of course I wanted the free upgrade deal. But since I'm already subscribe on the channels that was included in the free upgrade I was denied any compensation. Thank you True!

Edited by Momar

You can't get any "free upgrade deal" because you're already subscribed to everything True offers. There aren't any packages/programs available that you don't already have access to.

Comprende?

You can't get any "free upgrade deal" because you're already subscribed to everything True offers. There aren't any packages/programs available that you don't already have access to.

Comprende?

Yes! I'm totally a were of that. But I think I should have a reduction on my bill. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post.

Screwing the public is a favorite sport played in corporate boardrooms everywhere - it seems. sad.png

True!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif get it - True (Vision). Uh, sorry time to lie down.

These parasites never stop, now GMM are raiding bars charging for licences and giving out fines to bars in Patong.

Screwing the public is a favorite sport played in corporate boardrooms everywhere - it seems. sad.png

True!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif get it - True (Vision). Uh, sorry time to lie down.

These parasites never stop, now GMM are raiding bars charging for licences and giving out fines to bars in Patong.

Presumably the bars don't have the licence to show it, so it's hardly surprising!