What Has Happened To The Characters!

kawapower

The forums were fun but now very boring, all the interesting people are either banned or fed up, personally I am bored with the whole thing and would much rather have a beer or watch Emmerdale, hic hic, these forums are boring! Who was it who said "what a joke" but I have to admit the forums have become very pleasant with fewer fools posting. Still boring though. Lol

^ Who were the interesting people? I don't remember any tongue.png

'Logbags' is the only good member noticeable in his absence IMO.

Guess you are right about who were the interesting people, many fools are missing though, have they seen the light and decided to be nice posters, surely not!!

Doesn't help that a huge number of posts get deleted or locked. Sometimes I go to add something to a topic and often find it's already been closed.....makes the place pretty boring as often they are the best topics

You are right there, and the reason being is that posters can not seem to keep it civil, every thread attracts posts that are either insulting or inflammatory, They spoil it for the decent posters.

I'd like to see a tally of how many posts were zapped by poster/username. This way we can see who's constantly stirring the pot and keeping the forum "interesting". I could go out on a limb here with some guesses, but I won't or else the post will go poof.

The board lost many "interesting" members during the red-yellow crisis.

I presume Kenny is talking about the Phuket forum, on which the red-yellow crisis had no bearing whatsoever.

Edited by stevenl

You are right there, and the reason being is that posters can not seem to keep it civil, every thread attracts posts that are either insulting or inflammatory, They spoil it for the decent posters.

Quite agree, though I do get the impression a number of posters are deliberately inflammatory in order to lure the usual suspects into an online argument (not a deliberately inflammatory comment BTW!)

That's the fun.

I quite enjoy the banter, no matter how contentious some of the posters are.

Just gets a little disturbing when some can't differentiate between real life and online. Some just need thicker skin and learn to roll with the punches because either way, the moderators will clean up the mess if it goes overboard.

Quite agree, though I do get the impression a number of posters are "deliberately inflammatory" in order to lure the usual suspects into an online argument (not a deliberately inflammatory comment BTW!)

Being new I should be careful..but I too old to start now.

I suggest suppositories for the inflammationbiggrin.png

I am only new to this forum (not new to forums) and take most posts with a grain of salt ( I do want to send more than a few grains of lead to some).

• Like 1

Quite agree, though I do get the impression a number of posters are deliberately inflammatory in order to lure the usual suspects into an online argument (not a deliberately inflammatory comment BTW!)

That's the fun.

Just gets a little disturbing when some can't differentiate between real life and online. Some just need thicker skin and learn to roll with the punches because either way, the moderators will clean up the mess if it goes overboard.

I agree banter is great, you can also have a laugh without being rude/insulting towards the thread starter, words either spoken or written can sometimes hurt people, yes having a thick skin is great but not everyone is made the same way, nothing bothers me I know the things people say is not meant in a bad way because they are typing to an unknown person. To someone else it will cause a bad reaction, so let's keep it fun!!

90 % of all Forums end up in a yes / now game between 2 or 3 members .

I do agree that it is quite boring due to restrictions and editing from the Moderator. Once there is something intresting for the community they close the forum. I personaly think that the only intrest is to keep it '' super light ''.

REVENUE WILL PROBALY BE THE MAIN THING ? Or correct me .

one post and the follow up removed. this forum rules still apply ...

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

IMO ThaiVisa is a victim of its own success. The forum is so big and has so many members, it is an impossible task for it to run smoothly. It's impossible to have a friendly, community vibe in a forum as large as this.

It's like a group of mates going from their local corner pub to a big city nightclub and expecting it to have the same rules and atmosphere. A Phuket forum with different rules that is the equivalent to a local pub would be enjoyable, but TV will never be that ever again.

That's the fun.

Don't agree. The amount of humorous banter is few and far between. I think by banter you mean you enjoy snide comments that push peoples buttons? Most people don't find that amusing IMO.

It has nothing to do with thick skin, and comments like 'it's only a forum, not real life' is the kind of attitude that drags forums down. Posting on a forum 'is' real life, unless you kill yourself or enter a parallel universe before you post each time.

What you mean is, posting on a forum from your computer at home, isn't the same as being in a room with people talking face to face. Well that's about as obvious a statement as you are likely to hear, but what's that got to do with anything? Why does the fact that it's on a forum mean it's any more acceptable to be a dick?

IMO, it's the people who come on a forum JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN behave differently to how they can in a bar, that turn it in to a pointless joke.

Edit: Removed the M word.

Edited by HongKongPhooey
  • Like 1

Wouldn't that make the people being 'deliberately inflammatory' the 'usual suspects' as well then? smile.png

Can anyone tell me who has a striped cat named Spot?….In Phuket.

OK, I know it sounds like an odd question in Phuket. My crazy ex-wife told me I was normal. And, my mom says I might be president some day. The question still stands. …………

Edit: Just trying to keep it interesting.

Edited by Shot

OK, I know it sounds like an odd question in Phuket. My crazy ex-wife told me I was normal. And, my mom says I might be president some day. The question still stands. …………

Cant answer your question directly but I did hear that someone around here has a spotted cat named Stripes. Could there be any relationship. Maybe Bro and Sis.

Just one more drunk.gif before I go to bed please.

Cant answer your question directly but I did hear that someone around here has a spotted cat named Stripes. Could there be any relationship. Maybe Bro and Sis.

Just one more drunk.gif before I go to bed please.

I have not spotted, that spotted cat in Phuket, so can't comment on relation. However, someone could show their stripes by answering the question. In Phuket