Anyone Fished Cha Am Recently?

kawapower

Fished there yesterday and going again today.... Landed a 20lb plus Catla lost a Siamese, which where not as active as usual but where biting. Had customers on Arapiama Pond last week best fish of the day 120lb.

Cheers mate, sounds good, love it there, always had great fishing and fish, looking forward to fishing there again so much, wish I lived nearer, Phuket is a bit of a trek!

Fished there yesterday and going again today.... Landed a 20lb plus Catla lost a Siamese, which where not as active as usual but where biting. Had customers on Arapiama Pond last week best fish of the day 120lb.

Cheers mate, sounds good, love it there, always had great fishing and fish, looking forward to fishing there again so much, wish I lived nearer, Phuket is a bit of a trek!

The shame is Phuket could so easily have a fishing park like it. There's so many lakes there and plenty of people wanting good fishing. Transport would be an issue of course. Tuk tuk more like <deleted>, <deleted>!

The shame is Phuket could so easily have a fishing park like it. There's so many lakes there and plenty of people wanting good fishing. Transport would be an issue of course. Tuk tuk more like <deleted>, <deleted>!

If there was such a lake here in Phuket it would be very very expensive, everything here is geared up to tourist rates, it is worth the trip to Cha Am just to get away from the tourists and tourist prices.

If there was such a lake here in Phuket it would be very very expensive, everything here is geared up to tourist rates, it is worth the trip to Cha Am just to get away from the tourists and tourist prices.

Phuket Fish Park quoted me 2,300 baht per head - whoo boy!!!

Crazy prices in Phuket, no way would I pay that, the park is geared up for tourists, the fishing in the North is far far better and a lot cheaper, it's worth the trip!!

Did the price of 2300bht include a fishing guide?

I believe you can get a reduced fee if you are an ex-pat( not sure about this though.

Edited by kawapower

Yes the 2,300 included a guide for the day, transport and all fishing gear. This was for their"closed" day on a monday where you are also charged another 150 baht per head for the priviledge of being allowed to bring your own food and drinks along.

Yes the 2,300 included a guide for the day, transport and all fishing gear. This was for their"closed" day on a monday where you are also charged another 150 baht per head for the priviledge of being allowed to bring your own food and drinks along.

Unfortunately Phuket is mostly tourist orientated so you would expect to pay a high price for the fishing and anything else, golf is the same, I prefer to make the trip North where the fishing is far superior and far cheaper!!j

Yeah it is dire down there. When I was living in Phuket I joined for a month for 2000 baht but that was with the previous owner. When I heard the new prices my cofee went all over the screen. coffee1.gif

Not fished there in a long time so can not comment on the fishing now, when I did go which was often it was 600bht for the day, nothing very big in there but that might have changed now, everything here is so expensive, golf here has crazy prices!! Looking forward to my Cha Am trip soon.