BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Xmas

New Condo Buildings

I was wondering readers opions of the new Condo Blocks being advertsed for sale off the plan.

Do we feel that there is a risk they may not be completed?

They seem quite expensive in terms of size?

Has anyone researched the organisation building them?

I ask as I was considering investing.

I think they are selling the fifth project at the moment and the first one isn't ready yet.

Even their website has expired. Something fishy here or not?

Edited by dindong

I'd be extremely reluctant to buy off the plan.

there's some good info on buying condos in Thailand on the internet.... rule of thumb seems to be to only buy in an established block after talking to some of the other tenants about services etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input guys - I was not aware there were 5 projects

Probably best to wait to see if they deliver on the first project

I visited Absolute condo office. 80% of their condos were sold according to their chart. The price seemed quite high for the size and location. They are calling my g/f everybody about purchasing even after she told them I am not interested.

I visited Absolute condo office. 80% of their condos were sold according to their chart. The price seemed quite high for the size and location. They are calling my g/f everybody about purchasing even after she told them I am not interested.

I went in their office a couple of times....barely a word of english spoken. One "might" think that a bkk company trying to sell higher end condos, that theoretically a farang can actually own, in CR might have the good sense to hire a few people in their sales office at the mall that can speak at least a few words of english. It would not be THAT hard to find kids to work.....employers might want to ask at MFL or other universities or even high shcools if they have a few students who speak english who would be interested....but it seems that whoever makes the hiring decisions for absolute condos doesn't think some english might be a qualification...my guess is they could hire local kids with some english at the same wage as the no english ones they have....anyway...up to them i guess but does seem strange to me..and i agree they do seem overpriced and overhyped numbers as to how many are "sold".

Yet another example of why it is advantageous to speak the language of the country in which one resides. On the flip side if you can sell into a market of roughly 70 million Thais, why bother with a few troublesome foreigners who need special attention? It makes perfect business sense to me. wink.png

• Like 1

I second that opinion. We the Farang are just temporary guests if that was not so why would you have to report to immigration every 90 days to update where you are residing even after you have obtained your non immigrant O visa for a years stay.

Edited by Blueskyramblinman

Buying off the plan is very dangerous. I was stung in Phuket. My own fault as I did not do enough research. The other word that I do not like is Absolute. It reminds me of the the time share company.

Buying off the plan is very dangerous. I was stung in Phuket. My own fault as I did not do enough research. The other word that I do not like is Absolute. It reminds me of the the time share company.

Absolute reminds me of an overpriced vodka...maybe an appropriate name for the condos?

I also doubt Absolute's claim about their sales figures. I believe Absolute has blocked off desirable units and are trying to sell the c_rappy units first. Their building plan showed underground parking. But I am not sure if there is one at the building near Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRU).

• Like 1

I second that opinion. We the Farang are just temporary guests if that was not so why would you have to report to immigration every 90 days to update where you are residing even after you have obtained your non immigrant O visa for a years stay.

Philosophically, you could say every person in Thailand is a temporary guest. Certainly temporary. If people own the property here, either privately or via public entities, they should take better care of it. Trash is nearly everywhere. The biggest losers: local flora and fauna. The only wild mammals in northern Thailand are bats and rats. Is Environmental husbandry taught in Thai schools? Should be, along with Garbology (the science of dealing responsibly with trash).

I also doubt Absolute's claim about their sales figures. I believe Absolute has blocked off desirable units and are trying to sell the c_rappy units first. Their building plan showed underground parking. But I am not sure if there is one at the building near Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRU).

I'm sure a couple of the artist impressions even had helipads!

Yet another example of why it is advantageous to speak the language of the country in which one resides.

Sadly reading the language didn't help me find out any prices in five minutes.

On the flip side if you can sell into a market of roughly 70 million Thais, why bother with a few troublesome foreigners who need special attention? It makes perfect business sense to me.

If a CEO ignored the 20 to 50% farang who in my experience own condos in good quality blocks he would not be realising the full price potential. You're fired.

post-120824-13402960024_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1