Thaksin Says He Will Not Care About Politics Until Late 2008

Jai Dee

PM THAKSIN SAID HE WILL NOT INVOLVE HIMSELF IN POLITICS UNTIL AFTER FIRST HALF OF 2008

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has declared that he will work to solve the country’s plights without caring about politics until after the first half of 2008.

Prime Minister Thaksin yesterday said at the CEO governors workshop held at Government House that the 3 pillars of the nation, which were society, economy, and politics had to be simultaneously developed, especially the social and economic aspects. As for the issue of national politics, Mr. Thaksin told the provincial governors not to be concerned with the matter. He said that he would not get involved in politics from now until after the first half of 2008, and would only work for the country. The premier said that in the second half of 2008 he will then look into politics as it would be election time.

Some have said that the year 2006 would be the year of the savage dog and trouble-filled, and on this the prime minister commented that this year the dog would run swiftly but would not be savage, adding that he knew how to tame the phenomenon as he had 60 dogs at home.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 January 2006

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has declared that he will work to solve the country’s plights without caring about politics until after the first half of 2008.

:o... who writes this comedic material? George Carlin?

The Prime Minister will not be involved in politics???

:D

Prime Minister Thaksin yesterday said at the CEO governors workshop held at Government House that the 3 pillars of the nation, which were society, economy, and politics had to be simultaneously developed,

And here I thought all along that the 3 pillars of Thailand had always been the society, the Royal Family, and Buddhism... as are reflected in the 3 colors of the flag... but then again, I'm not the Prime Minister so I defer to his superior knowledge.

especially the social and economic aspects. As for the issue of national politics, Mr. Thaksin told the provincial governors not to be concerned with the matter. He said that he would not get involved in politics from now until after the first half of 2008, and would only work for the country.

...and as he has previously stated, only work his hardest for the those provinces that elected his TRT party members. The rest will be left to fend for themselves essentially... as exemplified by the sorry excuse of a response to the flooding in the Deep South.

The premier said that in the second half of 2008 he will then look into politics as it would be election time.

That's when his medications are expected to really kick in... until then, it will be up to the whims of psychosis, as usual.

Some have said that the year 2006 would be the year of the savage dog and trouble-filled, and on this the prime minister commented that this year the dog would run swiftly but would not be savage, adding that he knew how to tame the phenomenon as he had 60 dogs at home.

This guy has SIXTY (60) dogs at his home??!! Geez... that's almost diagnostic in and of itself of someone with severe mental instability.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 January 2006

Thanks jai dee.... always entertaining stuff coming out of the TNNBPRD...

:D

Edited by sriracha john

PM THAKSIN SAID HE WILL NOT INVOLVE HIMSELF IN POLITICS UNTIL AFTER FIRST HALF OF 2008

I think Taksin is sending a message to Sanoh and his faction,'I'm not letting you go, I'm not changing the 90 day rule'. So the only way for Sanoh's faction to change party is to be expelled, appeal to the Constitutional Court, win and be allowed to join another party. This could make the next few months interesting as Sanoh tries everything to provoke and rile TRT, whilst at the same time claiming it's in the public interest.

Taksin's fuse is notoriously short so how long can he feign indifference?

60 dogs? Hmpf...we don't have 1/100th of his economy (read: no-one but we take care of them, no staff) and after more puppies was left at the gate we now care for 36 dogs. Food, vet, time and care...