Bangkok Offers The Least Expensive Four-Star Accommodation Of World Cities: Survey

webfact

Huh? You stay in a hotel and chose to eat ONLY in their restaurants? In Kinshasa maybe this is a great idea but in Bangkok? With all the 5-star eating choices in Bangkok, the hotels have a hard act to keep their rooming customers from popping out to eat.

Maybe they should try harder....and you should try to go out to eat using an electric wheelchair in a country where wheelchair taxis do not exist. Part if the definition of 4 and 5 star hotels is the availability and quality of restaurants.

Why on earth would I want to try anything in an electric wheelchair? Anywhere?

I would add that part of the definition of 4 and 5 star hotels would be availability of wheelchair access. If it applied to my circumstances, it would be much more important than if they overcooked my steak or didn't completely understand me.

Huh? You stay in a hotel and chose to eat ONLY in their restaurants? In Kinshasa maybe this is a great idea but in Bangkok? With all the 5-star eating choices in Bangkok, the hotels have a hard act to keep their rooming customers from popping out to eat.

Maybe they should try harder....and you should try to go out to eat using an electric wheelchair in a country where wheelchair taxis do not exist. Part if the definition of 4 and 5 star hotels is the availability and quality of restaurants.

I would add that part of the definition of 4 and 5 star hotels would be availability of wheelchair access. If it applied to my circumstances, it would be much more important than if they overcooked my steak or didn't completely understand me.

Strangely it isn't....and the one I was reffering to advertised disabled access rooms and the toilets and bathroom were not.

Strangely it isn't....and the one I was reffering to advertised disabled access rooms and the toilets and bathroom were not.

So you are basing your opinion of all Bangkok hotels on your one bad experience with no wheelchair access at one hotel? And one bad steak? You do know beef is rarely eaten in Thailand and people actually think Aussie beef is good here?

Cant compare Asian cities to Europe hotel prices at all.

Hotels Features

Four-star hotels commonly have long lists of amenities and special features, including swimming pools, workout rooms, business centers and luxurious bedding (including high-thread count sheets).

Food/Restaurants

Hotels with a four-star rating will usually have adjoining, highly rated restaurants (gourmet food) and bars.

Services

Four-star hotels have premium services to make guests' stays as comfortable as possible, Massages SPAs etc. This includes access to a concierge and wireless Internet for business travelers.

Four-star hotels are commonly located in downtown areas of cities, close to major attractions.

Design

Special care is taken in the design of a four-star hotel. That includes an elaborate lobby, upscale furniture and stylish accoutrements in each room.