90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

Did my 90 day last week went about 0800 did all of my copies and forms went to get Q number and closed out. Went back about 1230 and waited for the number guy to open up. Got my number went to the window did the 90 day report. Then went for the re-entry permit completed in a few min. then had to wait 1 hour for passport and change. then went to info desk and picked up residency permit.

It appears to be caos but it really is very simple, the problem is all of the people milling about who donot know what they are doing. I just look at it as another day in paradise and another day to do something different.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did my 90 day last week went about 0800 did all of my copies and forms went to get Q number and closed out. Went back about 1230 and waited for the number guy to open up. Got my number went to the window did the 90 day report. Then went for the re-entry permit completed in a few min. then had to wait 1 hour for passport and change. then went to info desk and picked up residency permit.

It appears to be caos but it really is very simple, the problem is all of the people milling about who donot know what they are doing. I just look at it as another day in paradise and another day to do something different.

Residency permit and 90 day reporting?

MSPain

Waiting around the Immigration office for hours 5 times a year is not my idea of "paradise".

I thought you had to leave the country and come back every 90 days for a business visa. Retired people don't have a staff

He's just passing an opinion and a correct one IMO.

Edited by uptheos

Waiting around the Immigration office for hours 5 times a year is not my idea of "paradise".

I thought you had to leave the country and come back every 90 days for a business visa. Retired people don't have a staff

No. People working legally don't need to leave.

any suggestions to which Post office is easiest to deal with for the return postage also reistered? Doesn;t that mean that we must sign for the letter when it arrives? Can a condo receptionist sign? I have yet to have any problems with the mail procedure but now that it is becoming more popular......

I also went for my 90 Day report yesterday (Monday)

I entered the Immigration waiting room at 2.15pm, not many people inside. plenty of seats.

The ticket machine was not working, so I approached the 90 day desk. An American said that he'd been told that he was next, and nobody had come in after him, so I made a queue of 2. The American guy glanced at my photocopies and said that he didn't need them because he had a barcode in his passport. I said I had one as well, but I like to be prepared.

He went to the counter and was told that he needed photocopies, he pointed to the barcode, but to no avail, he had to go to get his photocopies.

I handed in my passport and photocopies, they scanned my barcode, gave me the receipt and also gave me back my photocopies, saying they didn't need them because I had the barcode.

TIT

I was out of the door under 5 minutes.

He went to the counter and was told that he needed photocopies, he pointed to the barcode, but to no avail, he had to go to get his photocopies.

I handed in my passport and photocopies, they scanned my barcode, gave me the receipt and also gave me back my photocopies, saying they didn't need them because I had the barcode.

TIT

TIT indeed. laugh.png

TIT

TIT indeed. laugh.png

Organising something in a brewery springs to mind.

Yeh, you have to be more than a bit daft to do such a thing so unnecessary if it bothers you even a little, especially if you have been around for a while. When did you arrive UG?

any suggestions to which Post office is easiest to deal with for the return postage also reistered? Doesn;t that mean that we must sign for the letter when it arrives? Can a condo receptionist sign? I have yet to have any problems with the mail procedure but now that it is becoming more popular......

I think any P.O. can handle it. The one I went to a year ago (forget which one it was now) gave me a sheet of the registered stickers and I bought several stamps 20 or 22 Baht each. So I have an advance supply of the materials needed for the return envelope. I only have to drop it off at the P.O. to get the receipt for tracking.

Anyone can sign for it. Receptionist will be fine.

Yeh, you have to be more than a bit daft to do such a thing so unnecessary if it bothers you even a little, especially if you have been around for a while. When did you arrive UG?

!n 1989, but I went back and forth for about a year before moving here full time.

I always go in about 3.45 pm. I've been doing that for the last 2 years and the longest I had to wait was for the counter staff tofinish their conversation and serve me. The 90 days counter is dead at that time. Now I'm not sure if I should be telling people this.

Not really sure4 whats going on there. I went in last Monday at about 12:30 and there was a fellow siting behind the window for the 90 day. I walked up to him had all my papers in order and was out of there in a couple of minutes. There were people there waiting for other type visa's I knew one who was there to renew his and I had a nice little chat with him.

Went to do my 90 day report. But I was now allowed to do it. I was told, I had left the country, and they were counting from the day I last arrived Thailand. Just a bit confusing, because I still got my old papers stating a date weeks ago to do my 90 day report. Normal, no need to worry?

I would once again urge the members who report by post to be sure to include a return envelope that has a registered sticker on it and enough postage to cover it (I think the stamp is 22 Baht).

I had to go to Immigration 3 times last week because as reported above, on my last 90-day report, the return letter to me was lost in the post (although sent registered and received by C.M. Immigration the next day) so they did get it. Apparently many, many people have not been getting their next appointment slip back in the post (according to 3 different Immigration Officers I had to deal with). They all seemed very frustrated and all lectured me about why I didn't I pay for and include a registered return envelope. They said they have had an overload of work dealing with people who have lost their appointment slips in the post lately.

Apparently they can't just give a duplicate slip even though they recorded the information and assigned a new date. They have to start over, waive the late fees and issue another new date. They were not very friendly and made me jump through some hoops to get the new date. I also spent about 3 hours of time at Immigration last week.

Save the hassle and include a return envelope with registered postage and sticker. I will. That's for sure!

I just want to confirm that, someone else can do the 90 day reporting for me. I may be laid up in bed after an operation and my non-Thai wife who also needs do her 90 day report can also bring my 90 day form to immigration.

Yes, we may consider doing it by mail.

I just want to confirm that, someone else can do the 90 day reporting for me. I may be laid up in bed after an operation and my non-Thai wife who also needs do her 90 day report can also bring my 90 day form to immigration.

Yes, we may consider doing it by mail.

Yes, someone else can do your 90-day report. For a time, Hubby and I were "out-of-sync" on our 90 day reports and we were questioned when one would try to do a 90 day report for the other. Not stopped, but questions about "why can't your husband come himself" and (my personal favorite) "Is your wife in the country (what was he suppose to say -- "she left without her passport")?

But one time Hubby forgot to do his 90 day report and didn't realize it until I said I was going to Immigration to do mine. So he went, paid the 2000 baht non-reporting fine and did my 90 day report at the same time. At least, our 90 day reports are "in sync" and there's never any questions when one of us turns up to do both 90 day reports at once.

The only reason people aren't getting their new reporting notices back is because immigration isn't returning them - plain and simple. And it's not just because of being inefficient and/or incompetent since an average 10 year old could easily handle something as simple as this and in 5 minutes or less.

In any case, the answer to ending all these unnecessary problems is to do away with this idiotic 90 reporting requirement when someone has a valid marriage or retirement visa and only require they notify immigration if they have a change in residence. Of course, the problem with this is it is too logical and would lessen the inconvenience and aggravation they get to put us through and we couldn't have any of that now could we?

• Like 2

The only reason people aren't getting their new reporting notices back is because immigration isn't returning them - plain and simple. And it's not just because of being inefficient and/or incompetent since an average 10 year old could easily handle something as simple as this and in 5 minutes or less.

In any case, the answer to ending all these unnecessary problems is to do away with this idiotic 90 reporting requirement when someone has a valid marriage or retirement visa and only require they notify immigration if they have a change in residence. Of course, the problem with this is it is too logical and would lessen the inconvenience and aggravation they get to put us through and we couldn't have any of that now could we?

This is a very good idea and won't be implemented for the reasons you stated. One more reason is that it suffers from NIH or "Not Invented Here." By definition a farang cannot have an idea that would improve something the Thais do. Only the Thais can do that.

This is a very good idea and won't be implemented for the reasons you stated. One more reason is that it suffers from NIH or "Not Invented Here." By definition a farang cannot have an idea that would improve something the Thais do. Only the Thais can do that.

Sounds to me you are more interested in your self than how well the Thais do. Last time in there had my papers walked in at 12:25 done at 12:27. You might want to try being prepared. Any how what has a retiree got to do that is so all important he can't report in every 90 days. If he has a business as ulysses G does send a member of his staff. Or if he wishes to just mail it in do as elektrified suggested and send a return envelope that has a registered sticker on it.

If you want real inconvenience try getting a visa to Canada or the States for your wife if she dosen't have property or a business. Two trips to Bangkok for my friend whose wife owns a sugar cane cane plantation and a house here in Chiang Mai to go to Canada. His chances of the states would be far less.

I am beginning to think that a lot of these complaints are coming from Thai bashers who don't want to be to obvious.

If he has a business as ulysses G does send a member of his staff.

Actually, I do it myself. I feel guilty making my staff sit there and be bored for a few hours when it is my problem. That is why I am happy about the possibilities of mailing it in instead.

If he has a business as ulysses G does send a member of his staff.

Actually, I do it myself. I feel guilty making my staff sit there and be bored for a few hours when it is my problem. That is why I am happy about the possibilities of mailing it in instead.

I thought you knew that. I was told that when I moved here 6 years ago. I believe eliktrifed had a great suggetion.

If I remember correctly, you used to have to send your passport to immigration and I was not willing to take the chance of someone misplacing it. The way that it is set up now, you can't almost lose if you provide a self-addressed stamped envelope and register it.