Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant pics, you must have good camera. Missing Chaing Rai more than ever now.

Sorry to disappoint but I don’t have the camera you might expect nor the camera that I might like to have. I use a little pocket camera from Canon, the S90. It is easy to slip into a pocket and does not get in the way when out on the mountain bike or motorcycle. I do shoot in RAW but have no fancy lenses or filters. Aperture helps me makeup for the shortcomings of my camera.

Perhaps some people trudge through life, head down picking their way through the muck and carnage that lays at their feet, but I prefer to look up and feast my eyes and soul upon the wonders of nature that surround us everyday. It is more about focus and perspective for me.wink.pngbiggrin.png

Villagefarang,

Very nice pictures and a great picture of your house. What type of grass do you have growing there and how much land do you keep groomed like that?

We have two main types of grass, a wide blade on the open flat area and a thinner blade grass on the slopes. I am not certain of the names nor the total area but it is probably less the one rai that is covered in grass. We do employ a neighbor as our gardener. She gets credit for keeping our garden looking so nice.smile.png

without filters they are indeed beautiful photo's . apologies for doubting your Camera skills but I did spot what I thought was the 'aurora borealis' in one of the photo's which led me in that direction. unsure.png Muck and carnage ; I think most humans call it Life, I seem to have created quite a lot of it. I think even Klingons procreate , although maybe not, maybe they just get a Dog or something. it must be wonderful in your world with your head in the skies , completely devoid of Dhukka ermm.gif

Edited by jubby

great pics, thanks.

I was in Bkk about 10 days ago, and there were some good sky shots in early morning. Didn't have a camera on hand. Wow, I just said something good about Bkk.

and the 'cloud iridescence' - I'd seen them a few times from the C.Rai old airport. I'd imagine they were openings to another dimension. They always felt special. Glad you caught some on film.

• Like 1

great pics, thanks.

I was in Bkk about 10 days ago, and there were some good sky shots in early morning. Didn't have a camera on hand. Wow, I just said something good about Bkk.

and the 'cloud iridescence' - I'd seen them a few times from the C.Rai old airport. I'd imagine they were openings to another dimension. They always felt special. Glad you caught some on film.

Glad somebody knows what I am talking about. Yes, they are special and elusive. Sadly they are hard to capture. Even with a telephoto, which I don’t have, I’m sure they would remain a little fuzzy and iridescent. I was watching the beginnings of one this evening when a cloud bank moved in front and blocked my view.

Perhaps a little over enhanced in PS or aperture or whatever you use but still quite stunning captures.

Aperture, as I am an Apple man. Since I began shooting with the purpose of illustrating my blog, I have tended to follow my sometimes romantic and stylized view of life, represented in my writing. That said this is a phase I am going through which no doubt will continue to evolve.wink.png