Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken at Yonok Lake about 2 hours ago

I like the way you get low and capture interesting foreground. Something we can all learn from.

Taken at Yonok Lake about 2 hours ago

I like the way you get low and capture interesting foreground. Something we can all learn from.

Thanks Bob,

It was a bit awkward try to compose the shot when the camera was on a pillow on the steps :)

• Like 1

I would like to thank everyone for contributing to this little thread of mine, be it with likes, comments or images. I appreciate your efforts, whether large or small, to highlight the beauty of Chiang Rai and to provide interesting content for the readers.wai.gif

• Like 1

I really enjoy these shots with still water reflecting the skies.

This one with ripples is cool too!

Thanks

Those pesky fish like to remind me that a scoop or two of fish food would be appreciated.wink.png The surface is hardly ever still but you should see it when Cookie is frantically trying to catch those fish as they swarm around her. Barking, biting, splashing and diving all surrounded by hundreds of fish. Quite a spectacle.clap2.gif
  • Like 1

Yesterday, pond side enjoying the clouds in the sky and in the pond.smile.png

Sky%2520%2520002%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Villagefarang,

What a marvelous view you have from your house. Those clouds are totally magnificent, as is the green foliage in the foreground. The only small criticism I would make is in relation to the the square shape of the pool in the foreground. Squareness tend to jarr a bit with natural nature, so I see a slight compositional conflict there.

Yesterday, pond side enjoying the clouds in the sky and in the pond.smile.png

Sky%2520%2520002%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Villagefarang,

What a marvelous view you have from your house. Those clouds are totally magnificent, as is the green foliage in the foreground. The only small criticism I would make is in relation to the the square shape of the pool in the foreground. Squareness tend to jarr a bit with natural nature, so I see a slight compositional conflict there.

I have another shot where the wall is a straight line but taken as a whole, this shot had a slight edge over the other one. In the end I rationalize that the angle might add a little perspective but I had the same misgivings that you expressed.

Another from yesterday

Another one with a good composition, beautiful and true colors!

Landscape for me are best just after sunrise or the last 30 minutes before the sun goes down!

Thanks for adding these photos to the thread!

biggrin.pngwink.pngwhistling.gif

Went to check out the water level at our local reservoir and found it even lower than I expected. The sky was nice though.smile.png

Local%2520Dam%2520%2520001.jpg

Looking at the dark cloud, maybe some rain on the way to replenish the water in the dam.

Edited by kevjohn

Went to check out the water level at our local reservoir and found it even lower than I expected. The sky was nice though.smile.png

Looking at the dark cloud, maybe some rain on the way to replenish the water in the dam.

It rained with a vengeance last night but the sun is out again today.smile.png

Great composition, VF. I like the way those boats in the foreground spread out at different angles to encompass the whole scene. However, a few attractive Thai ladies climbing onboard might enhance the photo, just a bit. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Great composition, VF. I like the way those boats in the foreground spread out at different angles to encompass the whole scene. However, a few attractive Thai ladies climbing onboard might enhance the photo, just a bit. biggrin.png

Sorry there wasn’t a soul up there at the dam, not even a scruffy dog. Tried to get the mountain bike down to the waters edge but the path was to steep and rocky.wink.png