Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited until the grey wall began to lift, in an effort to show something other than a blank page, while still maintaining the mood of the morning. A couple of the hundreds of our visiting swallows dipped into the shot at the last second, and though blurry, I think they add to the overall feeling.

morning%2520%2520001.jpg

A huge fog this morning down here in Phayao. Later when the sun came out it was a beautiful day. My wife said it was hot but I found it very pleasant. The mountain range near us was visible but still had a little haze. No photo but will try tomorrow. I love looking at your photos so keep posting VF

Still hoping for a photo.smile.png

I waited until the grey wall began to lift, in an effort to show something other than a blank page, while still maintaining the mood of the morning. A couple of the hundreds of our visiting swallows dipped into the shot at the last second, and though blurry, I think they add to the overall feeling.

morning%2520%2520001.jpg

A huge fog this morning down here in Phayao. Later when the sun came out it was a beautiful day. My wife said it was hot but I found it very pleasant. The mountain range near us was visible but still had a little haze. No photo but will try tomorrow. I love looking at your photos so keep posting VF

So am I.wink.png

morning%2520%2520001.jpg

Still some haze here. When i get a very clear day I will. Day trip to Chiang Rai today. Passports for the family. Will post later in that thread.

• Like 2

Thanks for that,VF.wai2.gif

I thought that it may have been something to do with fishing.

Though water control and irrigation may have been the main intent, fishing is clearly a byproduct. Those two plastic bottles floating on the surface are connected to either a net or a trap of some sort.

There was a spill way on the other side with a small net visible and a couple of guys standing around in their underwear at the water’s edge, staring intently at the surface. I witnessed several scooters stop briefly to peer over the railing of the small bridge, checking on conditions before continuing on.

People around here do love to fish, though their technique is more utilitarian than artful or sporting.

• Like 1