Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to thank you for your contribution to the thread, ripstanley, by reposting your shots in one place. Unfortunately it looks like people will need to click the links to view the images.

These are from my balcony. We live outside Phayao. I hope you like.

post-126018-0-78959000-1342958080_thumb.post-126018-0-47401400-1342957840_thumb.post-126018-0-60457300-1342957898_thumb.

I took these about a week ago. It is about 80 metres from our home.

post-126018-0-27416100-1343049010_thumb.post-126018-0-08803700-1343048792_thumb.post-126018-0-69239100-1343048841_thumb.

post-126018-0-20376800-1351517465_thumb.

From the balcony today. Still a little hazy

Thanks for all the help and support you have given this thread. I think that makes 30 images you have contributed. Obviously you are a big fan, otherwise why would you go to such lengths to post so many images here.

You do realize, Chiang Rai is a big place and there are locations other than the lake suitable for taking pictures. You might enjoy seeing a little more of the area and adding to your portfolio. I am sure the readers of this thread would enjoy seeing something new from time to time. Keep up the good work.

"Thank you for all the complimentary emails and 'likes'. I have many thousands of shots at this location and mother nature makes each unique

Attached Thumbnails

• post-1983-0-35695700-1351656256_thumb.jpg

Thank you krobert for posting your photos. It is so good to see some high quality photos here in the Chiang Rai Forum! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

We are many that appreciate your hard work!

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Thanks again!

• Like 2

With so many of one members childish comments removed - maybe we can get back to real photography (as well as evaluating oversaturated/underexposed in areas - snapshots posted by some)

post-1983-0-28168900-1351670348_thumb.jp

Edited by krobert6
  • Like 2

Can other people join this thread, or should I start my own?

What cameras are you using?

Love the photos, btw!

I use a Canon 1ds mark III with a 24-70 2.8 L series lens and a 70-200 2.8 L series IS.

Edited by onthedarkside
unnecessary remark removed

some negative posts removed. Lets keep this topic on track and pleasant. Nice photos from all the contributing members.

I see some members are intent in keeping up the sarcasm and baiting my photos are better the yours. Childish behaviour. All such posts will be deleted and members who persist in this behaviour will incur suspension and a short holiday from posting here. You have all been warned.

More posts edited or removed ... last chance folks.

• Like 2

Love the photos, btw!

Most of us use nothing fancy. We just take pictures and let the subject matter do the talking. I use a little pocket camera and take most of my shots out on the trails in my area. As the OP (original poster) on this thread I bid you welcome. Please keep in mind that Chiang Rai and its natural surroundings are the subject of this particular thread.

Love the photos, btw!

I use a Canon 1ds mark III with a 24-70 2.8 L series lens and a 70-200 2.8 L series IS.

My current camera is a bit crappy. I'm thinking of getting that new Sony compact with the Zeiss lens. It's about 20,000 Baht.

Do you know anything about this? I've seen some great reviews.

I prefer the idea of smaller cameras that offer superior quality and can shoot in RAW.

Love the photos, btw!

Most of us use nothing fancy. We just take pictures and let the subject matter do the talking. I use a little pocket camera and take most of my shots out on the trails in my area. As the OP (original poster) on this thread I bid you welcome. Please keep in mind that Chiang Rai and its natural surroundings are the subject of this particular thread.

For the time being, I'll sit back and enjoy your contributions. I wouldn't want my inferior offerings to detract from your own (rather accomplished) oeuvre.

Henceforth, could you give exposure information and say at what times your photos were taken.

Love the photos, btw!

My current camera is a bit crappy. I'm thinking of getting that new Sony compact with the Zeiss lens. It's about 20,000 Baht.

Do you know anything about this? I've seen some great reviews.

I prefer the idea of smaller cameras that offer superior quality and can shoot in RAW.

Hi modem,

Welcome to the forum.

It is not much about the camera, more about the person behind.

I am into my Sony nbr 4 and I have the RX100 on my list to Santa.

Check the photos on this site: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4900621122191&set=o.448694495152805&type=1&theater

And don't forget, it is about having fun like we have here in Chiang Rai Forum!

wink.pngrolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

No doubt we will end up having the pleasure of seeing all your many thousands of unique? shots.

No doubt we will end up having the pleasure of seeing all your many thousands of unique? shots.

Keep up your good photography and don't worry about the detractors,they are being monitored.There are many people who admire your work,myself included.I am using one of your shots as my wallpaper at the moment.
  • Like 2

Keep up your good photography and don't worry about the detractors,they are being monitored.There are many people who admire your work,myself included.I am using one of your shots as my wallpaper at the moment.

Thanks a lot Ron19, it is reinvigorating to hear a kind word from time to time. It means a great deal. I’m glad you like the pictures and enjoy the wallpaper. I have had others tell me they are doing the same.wai.gif