Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiang Rai Sky is a trope or metaphor meant to encompass the entirety of natural beauty that surrounds us but goes unnoticed by many.

Through word and image, I seek to inspire the dreamer to live the dream. Provide motivation to try harder, reach higher, be better and not settle for the mediocrity and conformity society tries to impose upon us. If I promote Chiang Rai in the process, all the better.

We are surrounded by both beauty and ugliness, in nature and in society, but we have control over the things we focus on. I prefer to bath my senses in the bountiful beauty that might otherwise be overlooked in a mad rush for material gain or scapegoats for our own unhappiness.

I could ride the trails head down mumbling to myself about those I might envy, but I would miss so much beauty and grander along the way. Clearly I am not about to change my way of looking at the world due to one or two disgruntled residents of the Rai.

• Like 2

Just bumping this, my favorite thread.

Is it raining up your way?

Not a constant rain but on and off. I have a few shots still in the camera but haven’t loaded them into the computer yet. I’ll see if any are good enough to post. Thanks for the support.

Well I was fooling around with transferring files between my android phone and my PC, wirelessly that is, yesterday.

So I realized how nice my sunset photos are, I have just a few. So just to keep people entertained, here's one taken a few blocks from home in SD. (OK I know it is off topic.)

post-18420-0-55017600-1345924288_thumb.j

• Like 1

I guess a lot of it is the greenery in all the shots that I like.

A Thai/American couple that I know here in SD, the wife is from somewhere near Chiang Rai.

BTW did you see that someone had posted about some waterfalls nearby there? I googled the images and it looks awesome. They called it Thi Lo Su. Although there appears to be a monopoly on transportation to and from.

Sorry that's a bit off topic.

BTW did you see that someone had posted about some waterfalls nearby there? I googled the images and it looks awesome. They called it Thi Lo Su. Although there appears to be a monopoly on transportation to and from.

Thi Lo Su is in TAK province.

http://en.wikipedia....mphang_District

TM is correct in that the waterfall you mentioned is no where near us in Chiang Rai. I did see the post recently but can't remember where.

Beautiful sunset or sunrise photo there.

Yes my mistake, don't know how that waterfall thing got misplaced in my head, lol!

You are pretty safe in assuming my shots are sunsets by the pond. I am not often in the mood for taking pictures early enough to get a sunrise.wink.png

^ Oh come on now!

wink.png

After a quick look I could only find one sunrise from last year but it was not taken in Chiang Rai. I think it was taken from a hotel window while on a solo motorcycle trip last winter to Pai and back via a circular route. Doesn’t really count as a Chiang Rai Sky. So really, I am not an early bird.smile.png

Many thanks to craigt3365, kevjohn, ripstanley, motdaeng, toybits, mania, ad61, phetphet, zzdocxx, theblether, BuddhistVirus, Big Gary, dionys, Morakot, Blueskyramblinman, FrankieCanuck, andyuk, cobra, draggons, wileycoyote, scorpio1945, maidu and any others I may have overlooked, for your kind words and “likes”. It is for people like you I continue to produce original content for this topic. Again, thank you for the positive feedback.wai.gifsmile.png

Many thanks to craigt3365, kevjohn, ripstanley, motdaeng, toybits, mania, ad61, phetphet, zzdocxx, theblether, BuddhistVirus, Big Gary, dionys, Morakot, Blueskyramblinman, FrankieCanuck, andyuk, cobra, draggons, wileycoyote, scorpio1945, maidu and any others I may have overlooked, for your kind words and “likes”. It is for people like you I continue to produce original content for this topic. Again, thank you for the positive feedback.wai.gifsmile.png

I would like to thank you, as I am sure the other members would too, for the these photos that you share with us.wai.gif

I must tell you, they make fantastic screen savers....thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I would like to thank you, as I am sure the other members would too, for the these photos that you share with us.wai.gif

Yes, please do keep them coming.

Thank you kevjohn and phetphet, I will try my best.smile.png I will also endeavor to maintain my footing upon the highroad and leave it to others to tromp down the other path.

Kevjohn, if there is any shot in particular you would like in a larger format, just send me a PM and I will try to accommodate.smile.png

• Like 1

Yes, please do keep them coming.

Thank you kevjohn and phetphet, I will try my best.smile.png I will also endeavor to maintain my footing upon the highroad and leave it to others to tromp down the other path.

Kevjohn, if there is any shot in particular you would like in a larger format, just send me a PM and I will try to accommodate.smile.png

Thanks for the offer villagefarang but I have never had any problems with the format that you use.

The program that I use is "webshots". Have used it for a good 10 years.

It's good see members offering the use of their photos to all, I usually ask as I can understand that some people are quite protective of their work.

Nice photos indeed.

Understandably there are a few members who I might prefer not pinching my photos but it would be petty of me to single anyone out, so I won’t. Besides, they are just amateur pics taken for fun and hardly worthy of getting all possessive and worked up over.smile.png