What kind of a snake is that?

Just curious.

I am no snake expert but after investigation I think it is a Common Bridle Snake. I have to admit I thought it was a Krait when I first saw it.

Did it become tom yam ngu?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of a snake is that?

Just curious.

I am no snake expert but after investigation I think it is a Common Bridle Snake. I have to admit I thought it was a Krait when I first saw it.

Did it become tom yam ngu?

Sorry to disappoint Scea, but no soup. This kind of snake doesn’t get very big apparently and what I decapitated was four little ones. Not nearly enough for soup.

I’m sure some would prefer catch and release but I will not tolerate snakes in the house. My wife running naked into the living room to find me made the whole affair quite entertaining, I must say.

I’m not sure how many babies they have but I’m guessing I didn’t kill the whole family, just the stupid ones who wanted to live with the Farang instead of outside with the other critters. Natural selection in action.wink.pngbiggrin.png

Sounds like she was fleeing from a Trouser Snake to me laugh.png

anyway..... back on Topic , can we please have some photo's of Blue skies .... pretty Please sad.png

And what have you done to the Roads out your way sad.png

Edited by jubby

The insistence on the protection of native species is all very well but animals that endanger us, our children or pets take their chances.

I come from a country that's home to some of the world's most venomous creatures and once worked with a naturalist.

One day he was explaining the difference between very similar snakes, one poisonous and the other not.

One of the things that he said had to be done to be certain was to count the number of scales around the anal vent. blink.png

Yeah sure....

Where's the garden hoe again? thumbsup.gif

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

Today's sky from the mountain top.

CR%2520Sky%2520%2520001%2520%25281%2529.jpg

I love the photo. How far from your home?

It is roughly 20km to the top depending on which route I take. On a clear day one can look across the valley and see Phu Chi Fa on the other side. Not today though as the clouds in that direction were well below me and blocking the view.