Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way mountains or hills burst out of level plain like that.

IMG_2071.JPG

I took my shot near Doi Pha Ngam, on my way to town. These lovely rock outcroppings are being torn down and turned into gravel for roads and buildings. Over time the rock quarry is changing this beautiful landscape into something a little less beautiful. In order to try and save a few of those remaining, small buddhist shrines are sometimes erected as a deterrent to destruction. This one seems safe for now.

Is your shot from the same area or is it more on your side of town?

• Like 1

No it's over your way, I took it last year coming back from Mexican food at Chiang Kong.... possibly around Phaya Mengrai.

Okay, I know exactly where you took that shot from then. I thought it looked familiar but without the road or more of the mountain I wasn’t completely sure. It is really lush and green right now.

No sky shots today but thought I might update this old shot with a slightly more vibrant version.

Monks%2520%2520001.jpg

VillageFarang,

You're quite a photographer. Your sky shots are very dramatic. In fact all your photos look great, with lots of vibrancy. It looks like Chiang Rai is a photographers paradise.

I've never seen such a long line of monks walking barefooted along the highway before. Where are they heading? Attending some festival, or perhaps changing temples? What a sight! biggrin.png

• Like 1

No sky shots today but thought I might update this old shot with a slightly more vibrant version.

Monks%2520%2520001.jpg

VillageFarang,

You're quite a photographer. Your sky shots are very dramatic. In fact all your photos look great, with lots of vibrancy. It looks like Chiang Rai is a photographers paradise.

I've never seen such a long line of monks walking barefooted along the highway before. Where are they heading? Attending some festival, or perhaps changing temples? What a sight! biggrin.png

They were on a multi week pilgrimage heading south along the Lao boarder but I can’t remember the details. We were taking the scenic route home heading north from Loei along the backroads going to Nan. Being so remote it was quite a surprise to round the corner and see all these monks.

Perfect might be overselling it just a bit but it is unique, like every other photo, and will never be replicated. Each image you capture is a gift. Time marches on and nature's beautiful tapestry changes with each blink of an eye, each beat of a heart. Capturing those special moments takes patience and humility. You cannot bully or cajole mother nature into doing your bidding. She manipulates you, not the other way around. If you are lucky to be there when she smiles, lucky enough to see it and capture it, it will stay with you forever. It can take hard work and exertion to seek out just the right place and just the right time but the effort is worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

Perfect might be overselling it just a bit but it is unique, like every other photo, and will never be replicated. Each image you capture is a gift. Time marches on and nature's beautiful tapestry changes with each blink of an eye, each beat of a heart. Capturing those special moments takes patience and humility. You cannot bully or cajole mother nature into doing your bidding. She manipulates you, not the other way around. If you are lucky to be there when she smiles, lucky enough to see it and capture it, it will stay with you forever. It can take hard work and exertion to seek out just the right place and just the right time but the effort is worth it in my opinion.

If I may say......to me, your photos are both beautiful and unique. There is a saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Must agree, mother nature is controlled by "No One".

I have seen photos of bush land completely burnt out and think "What devastation" but within time, the bush rejuvenates and looks better than ever.

• Like 1

Those last two photos look as though they were taken on the same day, but some time apart, and the cloud has come in more from over the ridge.

Both great shots.......I like...thumbsup.gif

I was impressed with how green the brown or burned out areas were today. I had to shoot over the top of some mature corn too that was not there on the ridge last time. Everything is growing at warp speed these days. Edited by villagefarang

Cracking photos VF. thumbsup.gif

Must try and get up north once the rains have passed.

Why wait? Now is the prettiest time of year.smile.png I just got in from a Mt. Bike ride and man is there some serious green everywhere.smile.png Don’t wait too long, or after the rice harvest there will be nothing left but stubble in the fields.sad.png

And thank you very much.wai.gif

• Like 1

Yes the air is looking very clear indeed.

What's the temp and humidity around there this time of year?

With cloud cover the temp is sometime under 30 but it was over 31 on the last ride and the humidity was probably at least 90. This morning it is still nice at a reported 24 deg with 94 percent relative humidity.smile.png