Aussie Woman Jailed For False Sexual Assault Report In Phuket

webfact

Well, looks like she did not get paid ebough for services rendered. Anyway Puket's image has been damaged many times before so it doesnt matter much.

Tell that to the three guys she accused of rape...............coffee1.gif

Edit: Or rather the consequences of her accusation for the three guys accused if she was believed.

Edited by chrisinth

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember everyone being up in arms about some posters querying the story of the other pregnant girl who alleged she'd been beaten by a ladyboy gang without provocation. Why would she lie, was the defence, this happens in Phuket!

Yes rape and katoey beatings happen but sometimes women lie when the truth makes them look bad!

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Does anyone know the final outcome of that other case - faded from the annuls eh?

To the not believers of the story.

The young woman can be seen in full picture and with full name in a "Phuket" News Website which is not allowed to be named here.

By the way, she is slim and pretty!

The woman made the statement at Police, that she took a Taxi-Tuk Tuk at Soi Bangla.

That TukTuk, so she said drove than somewhere to pick up two more men!

But security camera footage showed, that she took a Motorbiketaxi.

The Motobike-taxidriver was found and questioned.

Confronted with that important lie, the British-Australien woman gave in and said she made up the whole story.

She stated also, she feared her BF would be angry as she came back so late, so she just needed a reason to be late and made that accusations against some Unnamed Thais-Tuk Tuk drivers.

To the not believers of the story.

The young woman can be seen in full picture and with full name in a "Phuket" News Website which is not allowed to be named here.

By the way, she is slim and pretty!

The woman made the statement at Police, that she took a Taxi-Tuk Tuk at Soi Bangla.

That TukTuk, so she said drove than somewhere to pick up two more men!

But security camera footage showed, that she took a Motorbiketaxi.

The Motobike-taxidriver was found and questioned.

Confronted with that important lie, the British-Australien woman gave in and said she made up the whole story.

She stated also, she feared her BF would be angry as she came back so late, so she just needed a reason to be late and made that accusations against some Unnamed Thais-Tuk Tuk drivers.

"​By the way, she is slim and pretty!"

And very very ugly inside!

15 months sounds like a better sentence to me. What is this "thing" with names like Rochelle & Chappelle is Aussie anyway?

Should read....In Aussie anyway? Bad finger cramps today...darn notebook keypads

Has anybody read the West Australian story? Here's the first bit....

"A 21-year-old Sydney woman has been sentenced to 15 days jail in Phuket for falsely accusing a local taxi driver of assaulting her.

The woman, whose name has not been released, told Thai police she was the victim of an assault early on Sunday on the resort island and that two other Thai men restrained her during the attack."

We know her name and more about her than The West Australian does...not odd....just....hmmm...

15 days seems a very lenient sentence for such a serious false accusation against 3 Thai men.

I agree with you. It's another country, but not too long ago an American Marine (Daniel Smith) nearly spent 40 years in prison because of a false accusation of rape in the Philippines.

After years of negotiating for

Further, it angers me that Stevie has somehow pursuaded the Australian media to supress her name. The Sydney Morning Herald does not carry the story at all. The Daily Telegraph reports that her name has not been released.

Can you verify the above? I see her name has not been released on these shores as yet, but its a temporary lull me thinks!

Edited by edwinclapham

as to the case;

my take,

she went out with her BF, they started drinking and he started talking to thai bar girls,

she got mad and drunk and to get even with him took 1-3 thai boys back and had her time with them.

Later woke up, realized what she did an to not make her BF mad, trashed the room and made it all up.

My opinion too ...

I just want to add one more thing:

I frequently respond to posts on ThaiVisa that focus on "police bashing". The Royal Thai Police do a great job and have to deal with some of the most difficult tourists in the world. This case is an excellent example of what they have to deal with. It is also an excellent example of good, patient detective work.

Three cheers for the Royal Thai Police !!!

Earth breaking news.

I frequently respond to posts on ThaiVisa that focus on "police bashing". The Royal Thai Police do a great job and have to deal with some of the most difficult tourists in the world. This case is an excellent example of what they have to deal with. It is also an excellent example of good, patient detective work.

Lmao and you think the girl that got arrested is dumb.

Earth breaking news.

Lmao and you think the girl that got arrested is dumb.

I agree with Nigel...try dealing with drunk Russians...anywhere. However...it does appear that under soft interrogation the lady admitted she had made the whole spiel up and that was that...no further action is necessary except to give her some free accommodation and an unscheduled 9on her part) departure from TLOS. Great work lads!

I'm curious how we got from discovering the lie to sentenced in apparently 2 or 3 days time. No justice system in the world is that efficient. That's a process that normally takes weeks or months.

They just wanted to get rid of her. She should be grateful for the speed.

As she has already confessed she was not a victim of a sexual crime, what would be the reasoning behind not releasing or publishing her name?

In many Western countries criminals are only identified with their initials, not full name.

But if anybody were to search Thai media it would be easy to find, rules are different here.