'Secrets Bar & Hotel' Raid Leads To American Manager's Arrest: Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prostitution will never go away until they pass a dead beat dad law. Here men can have children and not support or even have a relationship with them. They just through them away for a new younger girl without children.

Men should be held responsible for their children like the western countries. The girls have to pay to support their children while the men just keep having fun.

Many western men now know this and are also abandoning their girl friends when they get pregnant.

The law must be put in place to have these dead beat dads support their children or go to jail.

Ladies if you need to sell your body to take care of your children because of a selfish man I understand.

I do not go with bar girls as I have a wonderful well educated Thai wife and family and take care of them as any good man should.

This guy is the pits making money from ladies in a sad position. Let the lady work in the bar for drinks and if she likes him have the client pay the bar fine and forget it not rent a room etc.

Cheers,

Randy

• Like 1

Who did he upset and as for the 'foreign volunteer policmen' otherwise known as Black Shirts need to stop being wanabes.

I've always called them Black-Skirts. Most are older than 50, have very limited intelligence, have very few friends who don't wear black skirts, and are frequently seen on their knees in the aft regions of senior BiB.

Prostitution will never go away until they pass a dead beat dad law. Here men can have children and not support or even have a relationship with them. They just through them away for a new younger girl without children.

Men should be held responsible for their children like the western countries. The girls have to pay to support their children while the men just keep having fun.

Many western men now know this and are also abandoning their girl friends when they get pregnant.

The law must be put in place to have these dead beat dads support their children or go to jail.

Ladies if you need to sell your body to take care of your children because of a selfish man I understand.

I do not go with bar girls as I have a wonderful well educated Thai wife and family and take care of them as any good man should.

This guy is the pits making money from ladies in a sad position. Let the lady work in the bar for drinks and if she likes him have the client pay the bar fine and forget it not rent a room etc.

Cheers,

Randy

We all wish we were that noble Randy. Do they have volunteer police in CM yet?

“procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion"

Was she lured or did she volunteer? Sounds like the objective was a somewhat happier ending.

"The action of Mr. Grayhart is considered a criminal offense by “procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion”.

But if nobody actually reaches "completion" then technically it would not be a crime??? Sounds like a viable defence strategy.....MLud

No, that's a different crime. Soliciting under false pretenses. wink.png

• Like 1

Wonder who Larry pissed off? This has been a successful bar, restaurant and hotel for ages. Another local business perhaps?

Doesn't necessarily have to be Larry that has pissed someone off, he has ended up getting the crappy end of the stick though.

• Like 1

Prostitution in a Bar in Pattaya? shock1.gif I wouldn't expect that rolleyes.gif

The thing is, there is no prostitution taking place in a normal bar, only negotiations - they have to go somewhere else to take care of business. The problem with Secrets is that they have a hotel attached and offer the rooms for services. It's basically a whorehouse. There is a big difference.

This is what happens when foreigners start getting too comfortable running illegal businesses. I have no sympathy for these idiots.

Nail. Head.

Wonder who Larry pissed off? This has been a successful bar, restaurant and hotel for ages. Another local business perhaps?

Doesn't necessarily have to be Larry that has pissed someone off, he has ended up getting the crappy end of the stick though.

Thaddeus, I just noticed this..

• Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 10,075 posts

Wow..

Regarding only falang bars only, they did do Silverstar not long back, a Thai bar. Young girls are a danger for a bar, but most run the risk. Especially if they have multiple back doors etc, and the girls are say 17 and do not look 12. There are girls here that are 19 and look 15.

Indeed. Silver Star 3 is entirely Thai owned and managed. It was raided on 28 January, also by Bangkok police, and the mamasan is still awaiting her court hearing on employing illegal (Lao) girls and some underage (Thai) girls.

Well it was no secret (please excuses the pun) that this was a place ladies sold personal sevices...

Nor is it a secret that virtually every Bar and GoGo in Pattaya does likewise.

Ben said, “We have done everything legally and by the book.”

How is this possible if prostitution is illegal in Thailand?

The action of Mr. Grayhart is considered a criminal offense by “procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion”.

Suspect Number 2, Ms. Chuchai, is considered guilty of “wandering and mingling in a prostitution center.”

It surly won't happen at Tilac Bar where a German teamed up with a Thai woman with a police family background...

Because prostitution per se is not illegal in Thailand. There is nothing illegal about meeting a girl/boy and going back to your room, having sex and paying for it. Promiscuous prostitution is however illegal and certainly running, effectively, a brothel is too.

Well it was no secret (please excuses the pun) that this was a place ladies sold personal sevices...

Guess the problem simply is the owner being farang?

“wandering and mingling in a prostitution center.” “procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion”.

Well no more massage parlours for me, for that matter no more drinking in bars, even the beaches could be dangerous. Amazing Thailand 'hub' of law enforcement in the entertainment industry.

• Like 1

Prostitution in a Bar in Pattaya? shock1.gif I wouldn't expect that rolleyes.gif

what the sad part is that they say a girl 14 working as a maid and was pregnated by someone allegedly

sshe should be in education or maybe it was paert time job but still sad that she involved in that inviroment

• Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 10,075 posts

Wow..

he needs to get a life think to much time on his hands get a hobby or 2

Cheers,

Randy

What about the girls, who come to make money from farangs who have no children? At least they get a good salary, and they are not forced into it.

Interesting does this mean that every girlie bar every massage palour in Thailand is under scrutiny bet it is only the ones owned by farangs and not Thai's and why come all the way to Pattaya they need to clean up there own area in Bangkok first !!!!!!

Wonder why farang come all the way to Thailand to open a bar.

• Like 1

One wonders how the coppers can make these "prostitution" busts with a straight face.

I think they have a game between them.

Anyone who bursts out in laughter must pay 1000 baht to each of the other cops.

• Like 1

Ben said, “We have done everything legally and by the book.”

How is this possible if prostitution is illegal in Thailand?

The action of Mr. Grayhart is considered a criminal offense by “procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion”.

Suspect Number 2, Ms. Chuchai, is considered guilty of “wandering and mingling in a prostitution center.”

It surly won't happen at Tilac Bar where a German teamed up with a Thai woman with a police family background...

Because prostitution per se is not illegal in Thailand. There is nothing illegal about meeting a girl/boy and going back to your room, having sex and paying for it. Promiscuous prostitution is however illegal and certainly running, effectively, a brothel is too.

Another intelligent person who has read Thai Law carefully.

You will be slammed for that comment as I have been though.

The owner of this bar, the American, must have forgot to pay his monthly under the table installment to the cops to look the other way, so they shut him down, that'll teach him the next time he opens a bar - whore house, or anyone else wanting to do the same, that they mean business.

it's like he is the only bar doing this in Pattaya, come on, just about every girly bar is doing the same openly.cheesy.gif

Firstly, this is no surprise, and of course everyone knows what goes on in the bars in Pattaya

The only difference is other bars and bar owners have enough brain NOT to go on local tv channel and brag about it.

Bragging about luxury villa and luxury yacht only attracts unwanted attention and consequences.

Many will note , that it was not Pattaya branch but Bangkok branch.

Lesson to bar owners, keep your mouth shut and run your business without attracting too much attention, or better yet stick to "normal" business

You hit the nail right on the head. Web site showing big fancy party van and the nice new (used) yacht and all. I can feel for the guys, but at the end of the day they brought it on themselves. You just don't flaunt your success here, period.

The owner of this bar, the American, must have forgot to pay his monthly under the table installment to the cops to look the other way, so they shut him down, that'll teach him the next time he opens a bar - whore house, or anyone else wanting to do the same, that they mean business.

it's like he is the only bar doing this in Pattaya, come on, just about every girly bar is doing the same openly.cheesy.gif

Your theory might have held water had it been the PATTAYA police raiding him instead if the national-level CSD.

• Advanced Members
  • 10,075 posts

Wow..

he needs to get a life think to much time on his hands get a hobby or 2

Thank you for your advice, I will give it all the consideration it deserves.

• Like 1

The owner is not American. Larry (an American) is the manager.