'Secrets Bar & Hotel' Raid Leads To American Manager's Arrest: Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was checking online into there stuff a long time ago, They wer waiting for virgins who worked there (already, as they said) to start offering themselves. Could not find any age in the data but yea.. 1+1=2

Good they catch him, you can't take money without a workpermit from a guest even if this was not a crime.

He could use the gym more often at the joint, but i think he is loaded to buy himself out maybe?

I think you will find that Larry does have a work permit and has had one for many, many years. The charges are for pandering, not for working without a WP.

As far as hitting the gym, it's a little hard to do with a double hip replacement.

• Like 1

Things like this could turn Pattaya in to a ghost town.

That might not be such a bad thing. Start over, from scratch. Let the zombies go to Phnom Penh.

Phnom Penh cleaned up its act a few years ago already, no gogos no nudity, a couple of freelancer clubs and a handful of bars in the whole city.

prostitution in thailand? nooooooooooooooooooo

say: barfine, is that not the same as pimping? so the girl went to some VIP room in the establishment, but still a barfine is owned? looooooooooooooool

Things like this could turn Pattaya in to a ghost town.

That might not be such a bad thing. Start over, from scratch. Let the zombies go to Phnom Penh.

Phnom Penh cleaned up its act a few years ago already, no gogos no nudity, a couple of freelancer clubs and a handful of bars in the whole city.

There has never been go-gos or nudity in PP, just countless brothels.

Sounds like the police usually turn a blind eye, but with a 14-year-old involved they obviously decided to take action. If it's true about the 14-year-old then I hope this scumbag rots in jail.

Wow, they've really cleaned up Pattaya now. Glad to know they arrested the pesky American who's always hurting Thai girls and Thailand's image. Now that that problem is solved, everything should be smooth sailing from here on out.

Hurting Thai girls and Thailand's image? lol Thailand does very well with that without any outside help.

The pic that starts the thread pretty much says it all. He is sitting there with his fingers touching. And the policeman looks like he is thinking. What a joke, why am I here.. LOL And believe me that is exactly right.

Suspect Number 2, Ms. Chuchai, is considered guilty of “wandering and mingling in a prostitution center.”

They might just as well put up a fence around Pattaya if this is a criminal offencebiggrin.png

Well in the UK they call that "Soliciting"...

Suspect Number 2, Ms. Chuchai, is considered guilty of “wandering and mingling in a prostitution center.”

This can't possibly be on the books in Thailand as being against the law... or is it?

Thing is if you leave yourself open in Thailand by breaking any rules regardless of what anyone else does then sooner or later someone will get you especially if there is a chance of a big pay day or a payback.

And believe it or not it is often the so called old hands who think they know Thailand and how everything works who get caught out.

Another one played by the thais who are past masters at taking tea money to protect people or businesses and lulling the tea payers into a false sense of security only for another branch of the thai constabulary to take an even bigger cut of the business profits.

Sounds like the police usually turn a blind eye, but with a 14-year-old involved they obviously decided to take action. If it's true about the 14-year-old then I hope this scumbag rots in jail.

Agreed, but no one is guilty until proven in a court of law.

Using another law which is widely overlooked by the police, seems a bit like Al Capone, they could not get him on the racketeering so the get him on tax evasion.

I seriously doubt this accusation. Hiring staff below 16 yrs. in thailand is illegal and not worth the risk even if you are paying protection.

Agreed, but no one is guilty until proven in a court of law.

Using another law which is widely overlooked by the police, seems a bit like Al Capone, they could not get him on the racketeering so the get him on tax evasion.

yes - I would have to agree this seems more like he was targeted - how can they look past the hundreds of other venues doing the same or worst

This place always gives me a chuckle. So many experts, some who obviously have never been to Pattaya, yet have an opinion. Oh well, just like we all have an a$$hole, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Secrets has not done anything that a hundred other bars have done in Patters for decades. How about the entirety of soi 6 for having "rooms" above the bar. It comes down to someone being pissed off at Ben or the bar itself and pulled some Bangkok strings to get the bar raided. Ben will have to spend some baht to sort it out, but it will be business as usual.

• Like 1

Someone forgot to pay certain people their tea money or someone wanted to get rid of the competition. I'm not surprised it's a bar that was run by a falang that got raided. Those double standards are driving me crazy!!!

Well it was no secret (please excuses the pun) that this was a place ladies sold personal sevices...

Nor is it a secret that virtually every Bar and GoGo in Pattaya does likewise.

Ben said, “We have done everything legally and by the book.”

How is this possible if prostitution is illegal in Thailand?

The action of Mr. Grayhart is considered a criminal offense by “procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion”.

It surly won't happen at Tilac Bar where a German teamed up with a Thai woman with a police family background...

Because prostitution per se is not illegal in Thailand. There is nothing illegal about meeting a girl/boy and going back to your room, having sex and paying for it. Promiscuous prostitution is however illegal and certainly running, effectively, a brothel is too.

Another intelligent person who has read Thai Law carefully.

You will be slammed for that comment as I have been though.

Yep. And be VERY sure not cite Wikipedia as a source even though it's accurate at the time.

This place always gives me a chuckle. So many experts, some who obviously have never been to Pattaya, yet have an opinion. Oh well, just like we all have an a$$hole, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Secrets has not done anything that a hundred other bars have done in Patters for decades. How about the entirety of soi 6 for having "rooms" above the bar. It comes down to someone being pissed off at Ben or the bar itself and pulled some Bangkok strings to get the bar raided. Ben will have to spend some baht to sort it out, but it will be business as usual.

Correct but the difference is Secrets openly advertise their activities and the fact they have rooms, and even have their own forum to discuss it, and also that the manager is a Farang who flashes his wealth around. Totally different. They are trying to put forward an air of respectability but essentially still breaking the law by offering rooms which are part of the same business.

Because prostitution per se is not illegal in Thailand. There is nothing illegal about meeting a girl/boy and going back to your room, having sex and paying for it. Promiscuous prostitution is however illegal and certainly running, effectively, a brothel is too.

Another intelligent person who has read Thai Law carefully.

You will be slammed for that comment as I have been though.

Yep. And be VERY sure not cite Wikipedia as a source even though it's accurate at the time.

The legal situation is detailed quite well and with sources in the Talk part of the Wikipedia page

I got to say I feel sorry for this guy , but I also understand the comments esentially saying he brought it on himself , It really just goes to show that if you are going to break the law you can't bribe everyone forever especially if you are not Thai.

But I am really not a fan of selctive prosicution anywhere. As usual there is of course more to the strory than we know.