'Secrets Bar & Hotel' Raid Leads To American Manager's Arrest: Pattaya

webfact

This place always gives me a chuckle. So many experts, some who obviously have never been to Pattaya, yet have an opinion. Oh well, just like we all have an a$$hole, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Secrets has not done anything that a hundred other bars have done in Patters for decades. How about the entirety of soi 6 for having "rooms" above the bar. It comes down to someone being pissed off at Ben or the bar itself and pulled some Bangkok strings to get the bar raided. Ben will have to spend some baht to sort it out, but it will be business as usual.

Correct but the difference is Secrets openly advertise their activities and the fact they have rooms, and even have their own forum to discuss it, and also that the manager is a Farang who flashes his wealth around. Totally different. They are trying to put forward an air of respectability but essentially still breaking the law by offering rooms which are part of the same business.

Secrets is a hotel!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place always gives me a chuckle. So many experts, some who obviously have never been to Pattaya, yet have an opinion. Oh well, just like we all have an a$$hole, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Secrets has not done anything that a hundred other bars have done in Patters for decades. How about the entirety of soi 6 for having "rooms" above the bar. It comes down to someone being pissed off at Ben or the bar itself and pulled some Bangkok strings to get the bar raided. Ben will have to spend some baht to sort it out, but it will be business as usual.

Correct but the difference is Secrets openly advertise their activities and the fact they have rooms, and even have their own forum to discuss it, and also that the manager is a Farang who flashes his wealth around. Totally different. They are trying to put forward an air of respectability but essentially still breaking the law by offering rooms which are part of the same business.

Secrets is a hotel!!

Another hotel I know in Pattaya operates a night club on the same premises but took the precaution to seal all direct accesses between hotel and club, so that girls and customers need to check out from the club and pass in the street before going into the hotel's premises.

They did this specifically to avoid the "rooms on the premises" problem.

Dion't know if mentioned before but i t does not help the bar having there own web site, that anyone is free to join and discuss what is happening in the bar and in pattaya, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the police have been keeping a eye on the forum.

I have always felt that being a pimp was about as low a profession as could be imagined. That said, Pattaya almost certainly has more pimps per head of population than any other city in the world.

Dion't know if mentioned before but i t does not help the bar having there own web site, that anyone is free to join and discuss what is happening in the bar and in pattaya, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the police have been keeping a eye on the forum.

Also a Facebook fan page that does the same. Bit naive hey.

Also a Facebook fan page that does the same. Bit naive hey.

Yes mate i am a member of there forum, and it is a very useful and informative forum as is here.

Anybody who has met Larry will know he is not a "low-life scum " to quote some and certainly not someone who shows off his wealth ( not sure he has much ) and is THE manager of Secrets Hotel.

When the story first broke there was a thread started on their forum, but was closed pretty quick. As usual more to the story and not many will be surprised if it turns to involve a disgruntled business rival.

• Like 2

Prostitution will never go away until they pass a dead beat dad law. Here men can have children and not support or even have a relationship with them. They just through them away for a new younger girl without children.

Men should be held responsible for their children like the western countries. The girls have to pay to support their children while the men just keep having fun.

Many western men now know this and are also abandoning their girl friends when they get pregnant.

The law must be put in place to have these dead beat dads support their children or go to jail.

Ladies if you need to sell your body to take care of your children because of a selfish man I understand.

I do not go with bar girls as I have a wonderful well educated Thai wife and family and take care of them as any good man should.

This guy is the pits making money from ladies in a sad position. Let the lady work in the bar for drinks and if she likes him have the client pay the bar fine and forget it not rent a room etc.

Cheers,

Randy

dead beat fathers, are you talking from experience? what about the multitude of woman that get themselves pregnant and set themselves up for life in the western countries, destroying innocent mens lives, getting government payouts for having a child, pensions, plus child support from fathers that were reassured that she wouldnt get pregnant then the bitches stop the fathers from seeing their kids, discount this and discount that, you really think women are nieve? your a wanna be mate and trying to reassure yourself and others what a good father you are, grow up and stop putting all fathers in the same basket, besides, these women sell their bodies for many different reasons, not just because of selfish dads as you put it. I knew a girl that had 5 kids to 5 different fathers, do you think these bitches should be put in jail or punished by other means? , or maybe she will tell her children never to trust men and destroy their innocent minds, or does your wife not approve? " headlines in aussie newspaper 20 years ago" Women set themselves up for life in bizzare pact" meaning, they are having kids and collecting government pension and never needing to go to work

you chaps know what they do to expats in cases such as this ? - are they deported and put onto black lists - just curious (?)

they can be... yes. Nothing is automatic and everything is done on a case by case basis. Usually when convicted of a crime in Thailand, upon completion of your jail sentence you are deported. That doesn't come with automatic blacklisting but that doesn't mean you won't be blacklisted either.

Anybody who has met Larry will know he is not a "low-life scum " to quote some and certainly not someone who shows off his wealth ( not sure he has much ) and is THE manager of Secrets Hotel.

When the story first broke there was a thread started on their forum, but was closed pretty quick. As usual more to the story and not many will be surprised if it turns to involve a disgruntled business rival.

You correct he is not a low life scum bag, but he is a pimp and thats a fact. It is not about his personal wealth, it is about doing public tv interviews and promoting luxury villa and luxury yacht, which is an un-needed attention to your business.

No doubt either a rival or angry board member who informed the authorities in Bangkok, who in turn were more than happy to act, seeing as there is luxury yacht and luxury villa, so the "penalty" can be HUGE

Edited by phl

Prostitution will never go away until they pass a dead beat dad law. Here men can have children and not support or even have a relationship with them. They just through them away for a new younger girl without children.

Men should be held responsible for their children like the western countries. The girls have to pay to support their children while the men just keep having fun.

Many western men now know this and are also abandoning their girl friends when they get pregnant.

The law must be put in place to have these dead beat dads support their children or go to jail.

Ladies if you need to sell your body to take care of your children because of a selfish man I understand.

I do not go with bar girls as I have a wonderful well educated Thai wife and family and take care of them as any good man should.

This guy is the pits making money from ladies in a sad position. Let the lady work in the bar for drinks and if she likes him have the client pay the bar fine and forget it not rent a room etc.

Cheers,

Randy

dead beat fathers, are you talking from experience? what about the multitude of woman that get themselves pregnant and set themselves up for life in the western countries, destroying innocent mens lives, getting government payouts for having a child, pensions, plus child support from fathers that were reassured that she wouldnt get pregnant then the bitches stop the fathers from seeing their kids, discount this and discount that, you really think women are nieve? your a wanna be mate and trying to reassure yourself and others what a good father you are, grow up and stop putting all fathers in the same basket, besides, these women sell their bodies for many different reasons, not just because of selfish dads as you put it. I knew a girl that had 5 kids to 5 different fathers, do you think these bitches should be put in jail or punished by other means? , or maybe she will tell her children never to trust men and destroy their innocent minds, or does your wife not approve? " headlines in aussie newspaper 20 years ago" Women set themselves up for life in bizzare pact" meaning, they are having kids and collecting government pension and never needing to go to work

you sound a bit jealous in your rant....

Cheers,

Randy

is that it? jealous of what? make your point if thats directed at me

Totally pathetic, and from personal experience the whole scenario was most likely engineere by another farang bar owner who wasn't doing so well.

My thoughts too.

The "they had rooms" debate is silly, fishbowl soapies in BKK all have rooms. they aren't exactly discreet either.

This smells of someone pulling strings to wage a personal vendetta

Cheers,

Randy

is that it? jealous of what? make your point if thats directed at me

jealous that you don't get government handout money for being a single mother.

Women don't impregnate themselves. Men have a choice to wear a condom or not. Case closed.

Edited by Jayman

Things like this could turn Pattaya in to a ghost town.

That might not be such a bad thing. Start over, from scratch. Let the zombies go to Phnom Penh.

Phnom Penh cleaned up its act a few years ago already, no gogos no nudity, a couple of freelancer clubs and a handful of bars in the whole city.

There has never been go-gos or nudity in PP, just countless brothels.

are you kidding, your talking about the philippines are you not? no nudity? haha, you didnt get out much did you?

That might not be such a bad thing. Start over, from scratch. Let the zombies go to Phnom Penh.

Phnom Penh cleaned up its act a few years ago already, no gogos no nudity, a couple of freelancer clubs and a handful of bars in the whole city.

There has never been go-gos or nudity in PP, just countless brothels.

are you kidding, your talking about the philippines are you not? no nudity? haha, you didnt get out much did you?

PP= Phnom Penh in Cambodia.. just look up a bit more in your post

Philippines Islands is commonly referred to as PI

haha, you don't read much do you?

Edited by Jayman

Not true. Secrets is not like hundreds of other bars. Most bars don't have hotels attached. Soi 6 does get raided quite often but the owners are Thai and they are small bars. How many high profile big gogo bars are part of a hotel complex AND owned by Foreigners?

Not too many.

I think you'll find he was talking about Phnom Penh (PP), not the Philippines....however nude bars servicing foreigners are rare in the Philippines and they soon get raided if the girls are naked.

Not true. Secrets is not like hundreds of other bars. Most bars don't have hotels attached. Soi 6 does get raided quite often but the owners are Thai and they are small bars. How many high profile big gogo bars are part of a hotel complex AND owned by Foreigners?

Not too many.

I think you will find that a large number of bars on soi 6 are foreign owned, but all keep a low key and do not advertise luxury yacht's which were previously owned by prince etc etc etc, so the raids are more tamed with "less penalties"

How is it this news worthy article has failed to run on Pattaya One. Did they overlook something or is that a statement

about underage sex and illegal activities are OK for some blokes.

I was reading on another forum that one of the managers got a16 yo pregnant about 5 years ago, if this is true that guy should get the max. Both in this country than in his. Keep in mind that the 16yo was most likely working at the venue years before getting knocked up.

The only way to be sure is to quickly track her down and question her, if of course she didn't accidentally fall overboard way out at sea on that big fancy boat.

That Mamasan will obviously give-up a sh@t load of inside information.

How is it this news worthy article has failed to run on Pattaya One. Did they overlook something or is that a statement

about underage sex and illegal activities are OK for some blokes.

I was reading on another forum that one of the managers got a16 yo pregnant about 5 years ago, if this is true that guy should get the max. Both in this country than in his. Keep in mind that the 16yo was most likely working at the venue years before getting knocked up.

The only way to be sure is to quickly track her down and question her, if of course she didn't accidentally fall overboard way out at sea on that big fancy boat.

That Mamasan will obviously give-up a sh@t load of inside information.

Pattaya One ran the adverts for Secrets, so i do not see it being very smart to run this story.

Also it does not say anywhere that the business was closed down, so the advertising to continue

well mr Jayman,nah i dont think its closed, and women have a choice to lie that they are taking the pill, so obviously according to you its all the guys fault, Im sure you, just like all men wear condoms in long term relationships when your partner is on the pill, right? and as far as not getting a government hand out and being jealous, if I was a woman, i wouldnt prostitue myself and use children as some woman have to get the financial goodies. Of course there are shit head fathers just as there are shit head women. You my friend it seems have led a sheltered life and never heard of the devastating stories of men that top themselves because the woman get the gold mine and the man got the shaft, losing everything kids included because of deceit, lies and the courtroom.

And yes I stand corrected as PP is not PI

It is a HUGE difference in Thai Law whether there are dancing girls [and you are supposed to take the girl out to your room] or if there is sex offered directly at the premises. Secrets tried to "workaround" this law by having a separate "hotel" in the same complex, but of course this can be interpreted as still being illegal (and probably will be).

This is exactly the same reason why other bars (like Oasis, Champagne etc., also certain bars in Bangkok) had been raided in the past. It was not because they are Gogo bars, but because they offered rooms upstairs.

If what you say is true, wouldn't all the bars on Soi 6 be out of business, with their upstairs short time rooms?