BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

'Secrets Bar & Hotel' Raid Leads To American Manager's Arrest: Pattaya

At 2nd Road and Soi 13 is a bar, underpaying staff, selling prostitutes, operating after hours and on restricted days.

Why are they still allowed to operate?

I do see Police a couple of police motorbikes parked there all the time.

At 2nd Road and Soi 13 is a bar, underpaying staff, selling prostitutes, operating after hours and on restricted days.

may be you should report it rolleyes.gif

may be you should report it rolleyes.gif

Paul can report it to the bar owner, she in return will forward it to her police boyfriend.
  • Like 1

I always find busts like this funny. ALL of the bars on WS have short time rooms and they ALL sell sex. Secrets just happened not to pay the tea money to the Boys in Blue. Anyway, Secrets has a history of dicking over biz partners, so I guess this is karmic reward?

I just wish Thailand would come up with one policy. Either paying for sex is legal or it isn't. In the meantime, the corrupt police will allow anybody who pays the requisite fees to thrive and arrest the rest.

Paying for sex is legal, as well as receiving money for sex.

Too obvious solicitation, pimping and any business extracting revenues from prostitution isn't.

Correct. I wonder why people persist in stating that paying for sex is illegal in Thailand when it isn't?

I always find busts like this funny. ALL of the bars on WS have short time rooms and they ALL sell sex. Secrets just happened not to pay the tea money to the Boys in Blue. Anyway, Secrets has a history of dicking over biz partners, so I guess this is karmic reward?

I just wish Thailand would come up with one policy. Either paying for sex is legal or it isn't. In the meantime, the corrupt police will allow anybody who pays the requisite fees to thrive and arrest the rest.

Paying for sex is legal, as well as receiving money for sex.

Too obvious solicitation, pimping and any business extracting revenues from prostitution isn't.

Correct. I wonder why people persist in stating that paying for sex is illegal in Thailand when it isn't?

I would imagine it is because most posts about Pattaya have an anti sex agenda and those people have never been to Thailand let alone Pattaya. You see them a lot in the general forum too complaining about how bad the old guys are.

• Like 1

I'm wondering whether the raid had anything to do with the current visit to Pattaya by the Home Secretary, Chalerm, or the forthcoming visit to Pattaya by the PM, Yingluck Shinawatra...

Most of the bars charge a bar fine as compensation for the bar losing a member of staff for the night (similar to the EWR (Early Work Release) in The Philippines), what the two do afterwards is purely a matter of negotiation between them. It could be a game of tiddlywinks (though some of the girls are rather naughty and tiddle when they should be winking). Of course this is rather unlikely and all bar owners know what actually goes on, but it gives them "plausible deniability".

You gotta be kidding! One does not bar fine the staff one bar fines bar girls. Except ..... I don't think I should go into it, too specific might offend some some people. Well I guess I could say that staff are not meant to be bar fined except sometimes when...... and bar girls are meant to be barfined. Normally in some places at least it's easy to tell the difference, look up on the stage at the people trying to shake those things off. Well at least before certain times. Look up on the wall for those big signs.

Unless things have changed since I've been "off the market", it is indeed possible to barfine the service girls. The only time it wouldn't be possible would be if too many had already been barfined, and that would apply to the dancers as well ( referring to Gogos ). THe ordinary barbeers would only have the mamasan and the cashier that couldn't be barfined.

I love the way the fabricated story about the underage maid has changed from being a 14 year old to a 16 year old in the "update" and now some BREAKING NEWS, take a look at the PT article and I am now appearing as the author. I quote:

"HOWARD MILLER CRIME SUPPRESSION DIVISION, CSD 19.06.2012 02:18"

So are they implying I was behind the raid.........are they implying I was the author of the article.....Are they implying I am somehow connected to the CSD......hilarious!

Yes and what about the Penthouse which advertises here as Pattaya's 'Adult Hotel'?

I love the way the fabricated story about the underage maid has changed from being a 14 year old to a 16 year old in the "update" and now some BREAKING NEWS, take a look at the PT article and I am now appearing as the author. I quote:

So are they implying I was behind the raid.........are they implying I was the author of the article.....Are they implying I am somehow connected to the CSD......hilarious!

Yes and what about the Penthouse which advertises here as Pattaya's 'Adult Hotel'?

good point.. as I remember you could watch the gogo on CCTV in your room and order birds up from the front desk. For sure that gogo it attached to the hotel.. And foreign owned.

Who's Larry?

He is the manager of Secrets that was arrested on pandering charges. Please do try to keep up. tongue.png

oohhh Larry.. Now I follow... My next question was going to be .. What about Larry?.. but you have stole my thunder... thanks mate. wink.png

But seriously though.. what's with all that bad words towards Larry? Seems those that know him only speak well of him. Did he poop in someones hat or something?

Edited by Jayman

good point.. as I remember you could watch the gogo on CCTV in your room and order birds up from the front desk. For sure that gogo it attached to the hotel.. And foreign owned.

By a succession of different foreigners.

Larry should be forgiven. Hundreds of nearby businesses openly doing the exact same thing.

Some are operated by Police in fact.

• Like 1