'Secrets Bar & Hotel' Raid Leads To American Manager's Arrest: Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be my guess that this has nothing to do with rival bar owners...and everything to do with an argument that started thousands of miles away from Thailand...on a England internet discussion forum, a year or so ago, between a English ex-pat poster living in Pattaya and a Thai lady living in England.

The Thai lady said she was from a diplomatic family and the ex-pat poster said he was an investor in Secrets...the argument about Thai ladies escalated...and my bet is, she did what she said she would do..

Care to add a bit more to this?

RAZZ

Regardless of what any body feels is unjust or not, Larry was caught red handed committing a crime and a crime he knew he was committing. it makes no argument what any other bars are doing. This Time it's about the Secrets Bar & Hotel.

Larry will have his Day in court to prove his innocents, OR he will Pay his Millions in negotiation moneys not to be convicted. never the least this should be just another warning to all that things are changing So stop crying the blues.

I think this "bust" is a load of BS. Just a very public set-up and shakedown, nothing else.

Larry, the bar manager, is a good guy. One of the nicer guys you will ever meet in the LOS.

Sure, they have dancers and hostesses, but the place is about as naughty as the TV bar "Cheers"...

If you desire some company of one of the hostesses, you pay the bar to relieve her fron her shift obligation. Anything else that might happen is a private arrangement between you and the lady. Secrets has no part in it. This "all in" report is BS.

I thought I read Larry was caught red handed handling the "pimp" money ?

That is exactly what put the final nail in the coffin

Same business model as every beer bar and go-go in the country. Someone representing the establishment has to accept the baht for the bar fine.

Bar fines per se are not a problem. ostensibly the fine is simply a recompense for loss of the girls time working in the bar.

Fact is, there are a set of unwritten guidelines about how far the rules can be bent, no matter how much everyone knows whats really going on. The cleverer bar owners never pay one baht to the BIB. I know a Thai bar owner who has 5 bars in Pattaya and has never paid any tea money. The soi 6 bars bend the rules further and get raided so payback becomes due.

Secrets not only bend the rules , they tear up the book completely. The biggest no-no is having rooms which are in any way connected with the bar. Advertising as "Secrets bar and hotel" instantly connects the two. This would not be an issue if the bar did not have girls available for taking into said rooms.

Why has the Lek hotel never opened a bar which has working girls? Because they are not that stupid. By all means take a girl back to the room, even pick up a receptionist and they are fine with it. Conversely pay a bar fine in a bar and take a girl off the premises and thats also within the "rules". Paying a bar fine in a bar and then taking a girl to a room in the same establishment is not, and is bound to result in "issues".

I would not be at all surprised if the instigator were not a Thai bar owner. I have no idea if Secrets are paying regular tea money but what I do know is that, contrary to popular belief on this forum, bars in Pattaya generally do not pay regular money to the BIB, at least not the Thai-owned ones. I suspect they want to keep it that way.

I checked at Secrets and my picture is definitely not on any walls there, in fact there are no pictures on any walls. sad.png

stall number three, behind the comode, I missed it three times before...

oh never mind

xx

• Like 2

How is it this news worthy article has failed to run on Pattaya One. Did they overlook something or is that a statement

about underage sex and illegal activities are OK for some blokes.

I was reading on another forum that one of the managers got a16 yo pregnant about 5 years ago, if this is true that guy should get the max. Both in this country than in his. Keep in mind that the 16yo was most likely working at the venue years before getting knocked up.

You do know the age of consent in Thailand is 15 don't you ? yes there is some caveats but 15 it is.

You also know that the age of consent at 15 only counts between Thais,don't you.

I checked at Secrets and my picture is definitely not on any walls there, in fact there are no pictures on any walls. sad.png

Like I said before Howard, read post #148 and think about it. More horseshit reporting from Pattaya's favourite American Lawyer/publisher/scammer

Hi Prefabs,

I was being sarcastic with my post....thanks anyway!

Howard

oh never mind

xx

So when people are urinating and holding their manhood whilst directing their liquid waste into the pan, they are looking at my face.......that's sickbah.gif

oh never mind

xx

So when people are urinating and holding their manhood whilst directing their liquid waste into the pan, they are looking at my face.......that's sickbah.gif

I would hold up my water for less reason.
  • Like 1

oh never mind

xx

clap2.gif you should hope they only do that and not morecheesy.gif when looking at your face. Ohhh sorry, wrong place, i was thinking of boystowngiggle.gif

• Like 1

Another lesson on why it's a bad idea for a falang to try and run or own a business here in the Land of Corruption. Another board member said it best for falang thinking about owning or running a business here. If I remember it correctly it was: "Some how, some way, somewhere down the road, it will all end badly!" Well, it just went bad for Larry.

Where have you been for the past few decades? Where have you been? This is Pattaya, Thailand we are talking about!

Land of Corruption? yes, but how does this relate to Larry and Secrets? Secrets is just one of hundreds of businesses in Pattaya doing the same thing. It's what "Sodom and Gomorrah by the Sea" is all about. Thousands of fish swimming up the river and this one fish has been arrested for, wait for it; swimming up the river!

Did he run a "clean" business? NO. Was he "pimping" girls? YES. Is it Legal? NO "Clean" business? This is Pattaya we are talking about. And if you believe the Thai Police, you are ready to buy that bridge in Brooklyn!

If this(something illegal of this magnitude) was in the West, he would be charged, sentenced and most likely loose his house, while here, he will pay "HUGE" penalty and back to business. Yes, this is true. It is also true that in the West, most of the Thai Police force would be arrested, tried, convicted, and serving prison time for being corrupt thieves.

What is your point? Are you saying that it is acceptable for other bars to be raided and owners to be arrested but not acceptable for Secrets? Are you saying that Secrets does not pimp out girls? and their girls MUST NOT be bar fined? Are you now saying that all business in Pattaya involved in prostitution? Are you saying he was not aware what girls did before/during and after work? Common get realblink.png Bar was raided and he was caught red handed, pay the fine and move on, just like all other "similar" business in Pattaya and across Thailand. All get raided at one point and all pay.

On a side note, i do find it very interesting that yourself and a few other members all happen to be interested ONLY in this topic, have the same amount of posts and all defending Secrets and denying the story.

The points that I made above are pretty clear. Read them again.

You say "Common get real". My use of the term "Sodom and Gomorrah by the Sea" and Land of Corruption state reality.

Your "On a side note,..." is nothing more than a bunch of silly, uninformed drivel. I have posted on multiple other topics here. And though I have stayed in Secrets hotel several years ago, I never met this Larry fella. Take the nearest exit off of the Multiple Posters Conspiracy Highway and take the night off.whistling.gif

Edited by Baloo22

oh never mind

xx

truly, according to the cleaner, who is 49 from slaburi province, ( I have her full name if u want to print it.. I can never pronounce them so simply say "a woman")...very few aim for the pan. now this IS second hand info so i cant vouch for its aacuracy, it may have been a slip of the wrist, or just distraction, but stall three has a wet floor where as the other don't. ( its the one with you and the pink handcuffs BTW)

Edited by TommyDee
  • Like 1

oh never mind

xx

truly, according to the cleaner, who is 49 from slaburi province, ( I have her full name if u want to print it.. I can never pronounce them so simply say "a woman")...very few aim for the pan. now this IS second hand info so i cant vouch for its aacuracy, it may have been a slip of the wrist, or just distraction, but stall three has a wet floor where as the other don't. ( its the one with you and the pink handcuffs BTW)

I told them specifically not to use that shot....now I'm angry wink.pnggiggle.gif

• Like 1

Prostitution will never go away until they pass a dead beat dad law. Here men can have children and not support or even have a relationship with them. They just through them away for a new younger girl without children.

Men should be held responsible for their children like the western countries. The girls have to pay to support their children while the men just keep having fun.

Many western men now know this and are also abandoning their girl friends when they get pregnant.

The law must be put in place to have these dead beat dads support their children or go to jail.

Ladies if you need to sell your body to take care of your children because of a selfish man I understand.

I do not go with bar girls as I have a wonderful well educated Thai wife and family and take care of them as any good man should.

This guy is the pits making money from ladies in a sad position. Let the lady work in the bar for drinks and if she likes him have the client pay the bar fine and forget it not rent a room etc.

Cheers,

Randy

What about the girls, who come to make money from farangs who have no children? At least they get a good salary, and they are not forced into it.

Some girls are forced to go get easy money from Falangs by there non careing parents, who want money to buy things like bike, car etc. Every child has to send money home each mounth, But some i know dont care about there daughters well being just greed for money,more so in the east. They dont care if they get into trouble like being pregnant,Or hiv.It is a stateis symble of we have in are house what you dont have next door.They like to show off there new things. I know of one girl that was told by her mother to go and work in a bar in Bangkok and to send money home for to build a new house,Most have to do what there parents say,She got pregnant and did not know who the farther was,

There are hundreds of other hotels who run the same models as secrets, but they do not go on public tv to bragwai.gif

Hundreds? Are there any hotels with bars running the same model as secrets? Bars and hotels usually run independently, not in the same building - and Soi 6 bars are not hotels.

I read these threads and think people just don't get it. Running a brothel in Thailand is illegal. Under age girls and human trafficking is an international offence. Human rights groups, FBI. and other agencies are out there. When they bring evidence to the national police they have to act. Lucky the guy is not in some other nearby countries where human trafficking Carry's life. Just because you have some deal with the locals means nothing. He's a yank and I believe as in many western counties now, he will be charged in his home nation as well.

I am not exactly a prude, and I'm the first to be in favour of people doing what they want to do, as long as it doesn't make a noise or scare the horses, but I do see a colossal difference between someone picking up an independent voluntary "friend" of whatever sex, age or type on Beach Rd or in a bar, and someone running a bordello "bar" where they have a detailed price list for "services" on the wall or, worse, on their website.

The former doesn't bother me at all, but the latter is clearly unpleasant at best and probably trafficking at worst.

Quite a few Tropo - gogo attached hotels. Now do they have the same name? No, but its still the same thing. I havent been in Secrets for a while, but if I recall the bar is separate from the hotel. (bar is around the corner from the hotel entrance)

What about the short time rooms in said gogo(s)?? (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - whistling.gif )

Anyways bottom line - Larry is a nice lad. I wager the powers that be will pay some dosh and then it is back to business as usual. (no court or deportations, all will be forgotten)

contrary to popular belief on this forum, bars in Pattaya generally do not pay regular money to the BIB, at least not the Thai-owned ones. I suspect they want to keep it that way.

Spot on fella only the numpties pay tea money, you will never ever see a "proper" copper in Pattaya demanding money from a bar it's only the "runaround soi rats" they ain't real coppers with their deputy dawg badge wallet they get thrown scraps from soi 9 for info on crimes that have been committed in and around Pattaya. Only the gullible fall for their demanding money with menaces.

I read these threads and think people just don't get it. Running a brothel in Thailand is illegal. Under age girls and human trafficking is an international offence. Human rights groups, FBI. and other agencies are out there. When they bring evidence to the national police they have to act. Lucky the guy is not in some other nearby countries where human trafficking Carry's life. Just because you have some deal with the locals means nothing. He's a yank and I believe as in many western counties now, he will be charged in his home nation as well.

While I have no wish to defend him, as my earlier posts would attest, the chances of this operation knowingly being involved in underage is pretty much zero I would think, for the very reasons you mention. Chances of being fitted-up, given the way in which they run their business, very high.

• Like 1

There are hundreds of other hotels who run the same models as secrets, but they do not go on public tv to bragwai.gif

Hundreds? Are there any hotels with bars running the same model as secrets? Bars and hotels usually run independently, not in the same building - and Soi 6 bars are not hotels.

Ok, so soi 6 doesn't meet the criteria. How about all the guest houses around LK Metro that have bars with girls downstairs and rooms upstairs. Same principle.

We all know that when something like this takes place it's usually someone with a grievance that pulls some strings and then the target business is in for a raid. Secrets has been around several years without being rousted by the BiB. The fact that it was Bangkok plod that did the dirty work and not the Pattaya BiB bolsters that argument.

It would be interesting to know more about the UK forum tangent.

Yes Andy you have a very good point about the underage thing, here in Thailand! The human trafficking thing being reported

to the U.S. Authorities, and Larry being a U.S. citizen, and the manager of a venue that employs working girls just maybe another problem for him back at home. Keep in mind the U.S. laws also state underage is 18 not 15. That being said. This could be a very sticky situation for him.

But Please correct me if I am wrong.

This story is amazing on two levels. One is the mind boggling hypocrisy, but I guess that is a bit of a given since the BIB are involved.. The other one is the fact that this happened to Secrets Bar. Truly astonishing if you happen to know who the owner of the bar is.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

britmaveric you take the position of being Larrys guiding light, and at the same time thaivisa Flame thrower. you disapprove of me posting my opinions on this forum and flame me about my post counts. Than accuse me of a reserv nic... How many WADs have you Blown..... 21thousand plus.... and after all that time you still haven't got the any idea of what you are talking about...

As for Larry and his bite with crime. Well i guess we will all have to wait some time to see what the end results are..

Keep in mind they didn't arrest him over his looks, Now did they?

Have a Good night and Sleep well everybody!.

Well some of us just don't get to pattaya bar land- So could you please Que us all in on the Owners Name?

Well if you have never been and have no knowledge of the bar/hotel and manager who was detained, stop sprouting your human trafficking nonsense . Some people jeezbah.gif