Evaluate My Photo......What Do You See?

theblether

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth I was looking for a bit of technical input, I'd like to learn a lot more about digital photography. Also I've a couple of thousand of photos of my lady

Have you tried reading about the technical aspect of digital photography? coffee1.gif

Lots of links have been posted in this forum for you to read cool.png . Please take your time and read some and then come back and ask your questions.

You could try http://www.dpreview.com/ as well.

win13 whistling.gif

To tell you the truth I was looking for a bit of technical input, I'd like to learn a lot more about digital photography. Also I've a couple of thousand of photos of my lady

Have you tried reading about the technical aspect of digital photography? coffee1.gif

Lots of links have been posted in this forum for you to read cool.png . Please take your time and read some and then come back and ask your questions.

You could try http://www.dpreview.com/ as well.

win13 whistling.gif

I'm going to have a look through the thread.........interesting stuff!! What do you think of this one?? Now remember I'm a rank amateur rolleyes.gif

post-132287-0-29235400-1340199464_thumb.

That was the Sunrise at Bali......how could I sharpen that up?

Edited by theblether

The face should have been the focal point. On most cameras you can push part way down on the shutter while pointing at one area, then reframe your shot before clicking it fully. The area that you initially focused on will remain sharp.

The face should have been the focal point. On most cameras you can push part way down on the shutter while pointing at one area, then reframe your shot before clicking it fully. The area that you initially focused on will remain sharp.

Interesting, so you recon the face should have been more central? I took this one too........

post-132287-0-05925800-1340230940_thumb.

No, it's fine where it was, but had you metered your shot on the face it would have come out focused and better lit. The sunset would have faded into the background producing a shot of someone looking whistfully into the distance.

No, it's fine where it was, but had you metered your shot on the face it would have come out focused and better lit. The sunset would have faded into the background producing a shot of someone looking whistfully into the distance.

Right I'm with you, I thought there was something wrong with the focus of the pic, thanks for that

Usually, when some asks about 'Evaluate my Photo' ... mostly we get technical advice ... then you mob trundle in!

To tell you the truth I was looking for a bit of technical input...

So ... you have a wee interest in the technical side of photography?

Couple of suggestions ...

Continue to post your photos here for critical appraisal.

Have a look at this ...

Application of the Rule of Thirds is a music video that explains the basic rules of composition and framing for visual imagery.

If you liked that ^^ then motor on over to this.

Not exactly the Fish Farm Thread ... but it's a start.

A few of the experts kindly added to what I started.

Dearly, one day and time permitting I would like to a series of very simple explanations on how to make the postcard photography that is expected in Thailand into something a little more creative.

Let me know if you liked the 'Rule of Thirds' or what I posted elsewhere.

Some sites to get up to speed on.

A good place to learn about photography online and free > Michael's Photography School. Has video tutorials.

Digital Photography Tutorials

Free Photography Tutorials

Digital Photography Tips

Digital Photography School

That is some full on serious stuff there.

It's Thaivisa at it's best, what a well of information we have on here, thanks Tywais.

On that same morning I took this photo which to me looks effective but I could imagine the professionals being horrified.......what do you think?

post-132287-0-00189400-1340282534_thumb.

Dolphin chasing at Lovina Bay, Bali.

• Like 2

Its a very nice photo, darkening the boat as a silhe....silhoa.....silyou.....darker image is a grand idea.....but you cut off the back bit....tsk tsk.

I might put up my boat pic later....stormy waters.....very dramatic.