Proof Of Income From Uk Embassy

Hi

In a few months time I will be applying for for an extension of my Non-immigrant O Visa based on marriage. The visa was obtained in Kuala Lumpur.

For proof of income I will be asking for a letter from the UK Embassy in Bangkok. Just had a few questions about this.

1) Has the monthly amount increased from 40,000 baht to 65,000 baht? (I've seen the figure of 65,000 mentioned elsewhere on the web, but not here!)

2) How many months of the required income do they need to see on your bank statement?

3) Do they take the months as a total and average them out, so that if I am slightly below for the required amount for one month, above on another, but on average above the required amount, will it be OK?

4) Do I just turn up at the Embassy and ask for this letter? Can do it by post?

Thanks for your help

smile.png

I use this method, all I take is the letter confirming my salary, no bank books are required at the Embassy, but you will need them for the Immigration officer for an extension.

The amount is 40,000 per month or more

The UK Embassy will require bank books/statements or some other form of proof of income. Believe if monthly three months is required. Would expect the average amount would be the figure used but do not use that Embassy.

For extension for having Thai wife the figure is 40k. For retirement the figure is 65k.

I believe they may have a mail service - check there website (it really is one of the better websites).

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-thailand/what-happens-when-you-retire

The UK Embassy will require bank books/statements or some other form of proof of income. Believe if monthly three months is required. Would expect the average amount would be the figure used but do not use that Embassy.

For extension for having Thai wife the figure is 40k. For retirement the figure is 65k.

I believe they may have a mail service - check there website (it really is one of the better websites).

http://ukinthailand....when-you-retire

I use the method and have never been asked for bank books, all they require is a letter confirming your salary and then they will issue you a letter confirming this addressed to Immigration.

I use the method and have never been asked for bank books, all they require is a letter confirming your salary and then they will issue you a letter confirming this addressed to Immigration.

Is it best (for Immigration requirements) to do this as close as possible to the extension application date?

Is it best (for Immigration requirements) to do this as close as possible to the extension application date?

I always get my letter a week before visiting Immigration

But my reading was that your response was "I use this method, all I take is the letter confirming my salary" which can be read as that is what you take to immigration (and indeed is) but your menaing was you also get one from source of income for Embassy and then they issue another for Immigration.

But my reading was that your response was "I use this method, all I take is the letter confirming my salary" which can be read as that is what you take to immigration (and indeed is) but your menaing was you also get one from source of income for Embassy and then they issue another for Immigration.

The topic is about the Embassy letter, so I was referring to that.

In plain English, I get a letter from my employer, I take this to the Embassy, they write another letter and give it to me all stamped and signed.

I then take the letter the Embassy have given me along with loads of other things, including bank books to my Local Immigration office, they do not need to see the letter from your employer, just the Embassy letter.

At present I an on a retirement visa and last year had to show that I had 800,000B inmy account for 3 months and had to provide a letter from my bank to confirm this. Later this year when I have to renew my visa I wish to do a split of the 800,000 between my UK pensions(2) and money in the Thai bank. I live in Buriram so quite a distance from Bangkok. I called the British Embassy and told them what I want to do. I can do everything by post which will take between 7 -10 days and cost me 2,300B. I will require to send them letters/statements from my pension providers with preferably a yearly UK bank statement where my pensions are paid in to, plus a copy of my passport. And of course a letter explaining what you want. It seems straight forward enough. The sum required for a marraige visa is 400,000B, Retirement Visa 800,000B both of these can be a combination of pensions and money held in Thai bank. I have never heard of the 650,000

The poster does not mention what his income is based on, now, if based on rental income from home he will need bank statements and copies of his lease with the tenant. If pension based he will need proof from his pension provider.

The sum required for a marraige visa is 400,000B, Retirement Visa 800,000B both of these can be a combination of pensions and money held in Thai bank.

Not entirely correct.

Retirement Extension is 800,000 or 65,000 monthly income.

Marriage Extension is 400,000 or 40,000 monthly income.

Retirement can be a combination of savings and income

Marriage cannot. It has to be one or the other.

A bank letter must be not older then a few days, an embassy income letter can be older. 1 month old should not be a problem.

was told in Nan immigration a letter up to 1 day shy of 12 months is acceptable. wouldnt like to call them on it though.

A bank letter must be not older then a few days, an embassy income letter can be older. 1 month old should not be a problem.

was told in Nan immigration a letter up to 1 day shy of 12 months is acceptable. wouldnt like to call them on it though.

There is no set period of time for it, and many immigration offices accept much older than 1 month. Embassies normally only certify your yearly income, which can only be done for the past year anyway. That is why immigration is pretty relaxed on it.

Embassies normally only certify your yearly income, which can only be done for the past year anyway.

Not quite right for the British Embassy.

To get to the required number I need to have my investment income added in. Evidence for this income is in the form of monthly bank statements showing the deposits. I have never shown more than 3 months history and have never been asked about the other 9 months of the year.

Tip - ask the embassy to state your income in TH baht vs. pounds in your income letter.

The letter I got from them last December did not include this despite my request. In previous years it always was included, they even let me supply the exchange rate.

Every year the quality of service from the UK Consulate moves down another notch.

And when you finally get the letter, having had to show original evidence of income to obtain it, have a look at the very bottom line on the page, printed in very faint letters, words to the effect that the embassy doen't even guarantee what they've have written is true.